Which Table Tennis Player Inspires your Style of play?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I don't really copy a players technique. There is no prof who has a forehand as weak as mine :p. I should get stronger and maybe look at WLQ more often since I'm very tall. My BH is an important attacking stroke in my game though, so that is not really WLQ's style. I just try what fits me best and try to adjust if things don't work out ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Well when I started with pingpong, I didnt know any player at all..
Then I suddenly saw it on eurosport and it started all there.. :)
I was offensive player, but then I saw Koji Matsu****a, beating Gatien and then twice Ma Lin..
That forced me to try defensive game and.. I always like to play defensive when I can..
But in my heart I am attacker and.. that all started, when I saw legendary match of Kalinikos Kreanga vs. Wang Liqin, that I can watch even now, really.. what Kreanga did there!
First game he lost 21:10, second suddenly he found some rythm, he got luck, completely destroyd Wang mentally.. won 21:10 .. and the decider was 21:19 to Kreanga ..
Till this match I had no backhand.. after this I have this kreanga-lookalike backhand..
But time passes on and I try to take best from another players.. Services from Ma Wenge, Kreanga, Samsonov..
Forehand I try to play like Ma Long.. Backhand Kreanga or Ma Long, depends on how much time I got :D
And footwork.. well - since Zhang Jike beat Boll for the first time, my footwork went 100% up! :)
So best footwork for me in the world = Zhang Jike!
And .. of course - lobbing of Vladi ;-)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Well, there's not only one player who inspires me..
Waldner inspires me because he's very calm, plays very strategic and with a very good feeling.
Zhang Jike and Ma Long because of their serves and game quality (footwork, forehand and so on)

And for the fun, Joo Se Hyuk! I like defensive style but I had never a chance to try it out ;_;

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
haaa.. i have my own style and may be in future someone will follow my style ... !!!

Thats what Im talking about..
I never actually get too much inspired and follow sb's playing style but some similarity in my technique with the pros made me follow their path a bit because they are simply the pros..
Someday when Im a pro (hopefully), people will maybe be inspired by my technique, but the important thing is that if you copy sb's technique, and sb later on copies you, the TT styles will be the copy of the copy's copy of the TT style copy of the copy's copy :p

Be diverse and develop your own style guys !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
my style is like ma long i try to copy his incredible forhand and backhand topspins

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
there is inspiration by some world-class players
but none inspired my style of play, because i prefer a spinny and slower top-spin game, which is not represented in the world elite

Patrick Chila used to play slow spinny game :)
Maybe not that slow, but he is one who uses a lot of spin for sure ;-)

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Well, I am inspired with the Roger Federer style. Federer's talents now seemingly fully developed, the tennis world was his oyster. He is great at tracking the ball throughout the swing. On slow motion videos, you can easily see how focused his eyes are during impact

Interesting thoughts and how about a table tennis player which has inspired you?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
When I was beginning, I liked how ma lin played the most, though my penhold style resembled wang hao's more with the frequent RPB use.
Now that I've switched to shakehand, I find myself liking Ma Long's play the most. And even more after I saw the interview that he doesn't stay up late, drink, smoke, trains the hardest, etc.