who sponsors your favorite player?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Favorite Sponsor: NexyUSA

Many children and a few adult players get a PARTIAL sponsorship from us, but TTD member Agold was one of the first, so we gave him a complete uniform and a blade no one else on the forum has, and even if they do, then it isn't BEAST mod Spartacus.

In the thread where Carl revealed pics of Abe snatching away the Spartacus from Carl after a Royale Rumble, we started calling Abe the Gator Wrestler.

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/f...-new-Spielzeug&p=104276&viewfull=1#post104276

So I went to visit AGold at Wang Chen's Club and brought the Sparticus to pass on to him:

attachment.php

Then something happened and I wasn't ready to give up the Sparticus:

attachment.php

A tug of war ensued:

attachment.php

Abe won out in the end and wrestled the Sparticus from me:

attachment.php

Then the goon squad caught on to what was going on and we both had to hightail it out of there. They almost caught us but we were a bit to smart for them and gave them the slip in the end. To bad we couldn't get to the hideout and try the elevator trick on them.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Dima is sponsored by Donic, but he uses butterfly equipment :)

I must say, my new favourite is Nexy USA, those pics are hilarious :p

It took a genius paparazzi photographer/reporter to capture the footage from that incident on camera.

You guys should really see the video footage that was on ITTF news. But the goon squad confiscated it because it included the fiasco of them trying to track me, Abe and Der down afterwards and people would see detailed footage of how we gave the goon squad the slip. Since it made the goon squad look so bad, they decided that they didn't want anyone to see the footage of that. So lucky for me, the footage of the wrestling match got burned with the footage of the competition and our escape and capture.

You should have seen those guys when we finally let them out of the sceptic tank.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
sorry upsidedowmcarl ,i dont know what that means but i did see a video of Dima and they made the closeup and i saw he had tenergy ,i didnt get to see what number but i saw it was tenergy

Oh. Lucas, I'm sorry if my clowning around confused you.

I was actually replying to Tony's comment about Nexy and the photos of Abe wrestling the Nexy Spartacus blade from me. Most of what I wrote is a series of inside jokes that, if you read enough threads on the forum, you will see Der_Echte, me and a few others will make. None of it really means anything.

But it looks like Dima is sponsored by Donic and, still uses Butterfly rubbers. It is hard to say what blade he is using. But for a while he was using a Stiga Clipper with a Donic handle. He is using something different now. It might be a Donic blade. But it could be any number of things. Giang, do you know what blade Dima is using these days? Giang is the expert on this subject!

A lot of pros seem to do this. Like Fan Zhendong is sponsored by Stiga but the blade he uses is a Butterfly Viscaria with a Stiga Infinity handle. And he uses DHS H3 on FH and T05 on BH. So he actually does not use any Stiga equipment even though they are his sponsor.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
i thought so ,upsidedowncarl,no worries ,but by what i see ,sponsorships in table tennis are not as "scrutinized"as in golf ,where the factory practically puts the clubs in your bag ,and you got to play those clubs no matter what?

Yep. It's actually a bit crazy. I tried to say that it is messed up and crazy in another thread and there were people who said it happens in all sports and they had examples of soccer teams that had Adidas sponsorship and still used Nike with Adidas branding on it or something.

Dima actually has wood colored tape on the edges of his handle so you can't see the plies of his blade. So it's obvious he is trying to hide it and if we can figure it out Donic definitely has to know. So, to me, that makes it even stranger.

It seems like there has been a tradition of this in table tennis. Like, Wang Liqin was known for using a Stiga Clipper with a DHS Hurricane King handle. And of course he was sponsored by DHS.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Last edited:
This user has no status.
so i guess the same goes for uniforms,like shoes? i've seen butterfly sponsored players with mizuno shoes ,i know mizuno makes most btfly shoes ,but are they the same sponsor? just wondering,thanks for the info USDC,take care

I think the shoes are a matter of personal preference and Asics makes shoes for Butterfly.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yep. Butterfly shoes are made by Asics.

With some sports the footwear is the sponsorship. Can you imagine if Michael Jordan was wearing Reeboks with a Nike logo instead of Nikes. That would have been a PR nightmare for MJ and Nike.

I actually see no reason why a top pro would choose a company for sponsorship and not use or even want to use the company's products.

It's like, as a pro your saying: "Guys, use Donic, it's great stuff," with a smile while thinking "It's garbage, I would never use this crap."

Timo Boll uses Butterfly shoes. They are good shoes even if Butterfly shoes are made by Asics. Butterfly was smart on that. They got an excellent shoe company to make their shoes.

We accept too much dishonest and shady behavior in table tennis.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus