WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
The top 32 players competing for 1000 championship points.

Who’s your favourite to take the singles titles?

2682A252-E145-4F7C-B8A9-0E69DC7632B4.jpeg

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I know it's a random draw for the unseeded but I don't like how 3 of the top Japanese women have to knock each other out as early as the RO16.

Seems like a bad stroke of luck for them
China avoided this by making most of their women's top seeds. Every country is suffering some form of it under the new rules that don't separate countries anymore, new rules which were paradoxically designed to reduce Chinese (and to a lesser degree female Japanese) dominance of the latter stages of such draws.

Reactions: Shine
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Lin Yunju should reach the semifinals. If he can't do that, there's a big problem.
Same for Tomokazu Harimoto.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
China avoided this by making most of their women's top seeds. Every country is suffering some form of it under the new rules that don't separate countries anymore, new rules which were paradoxically designed to reduce Chinese (and to a lesser degree female Japanese) dominance of the latter stages of such draws.
New rules don't mean much when their players win the big events.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
The usual suspects are favored to win: SYS and FZD/WCQ. My dark horse sentimental picks to win it are Miu Hirano and Lin Yun Ju.

Hurricane Hirano has the talent to beat anyone in the world. She has to sustain in for the entire tournament. She's got a tough draw though right off the bat. Miwa in 1st round and Hayata (who I wouldn't mind winning it all either) in round 2.

LYJ is just so talented, and I really like his style of play. He's got to get rid of mental blocks that has plagued him at the end of close games.

Also, just once I'd like to see DIma beat Ma Long. They have a potential QF matchup.

This user has no status.
The usual suspects are favored to win: SYS and FZD/WCQ. My dark horse sentimental picks to win it are Miu Hirano and Lin Yun Ju.

Hurricane Hirano has the talent to beat anyone in the world. She has to sustain in for the entire tournament. She's got a tough draw though right off the bat. Miwa in 1st round and Hayata (who I wouldn't mind winning it all either) in round 2.

LYJ is just so talented, and I really like his style of play. He's got to get rid of mental blocks that has plagued him at the end of close games.

Also, just once I'd like to see DIma beat Ma Long. They have a potential QF matchup.
When they turn 40 or 50 maybe he will 😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019

No Hina Hayata this time?
That she's won 3 WTT titles this year, but she's not your first pick of the non CNT players is not a good look.
LYJ has to beat Harimoto, whether he'll put it together is the problem.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
No Hina Hayata this time?
That she's won 3 WTT titles this year, but she's not your first pick of the non CNT players is not a good look.
LYJ has to beat Harimoto, whether he'll put it together is the problem.
Hard to win 3 tournaments in a row with the 3rd being a WTT Champions level competition. Plus, she's been playing non stop since the Asian Championships. If she does win it, then great! But I really want Miu Hirano to win it (or at least do exceptionally well) to secure a spot in the WTT Finals which will be held in Japan.

LYJ has the skills to beat Harimoto. Mental toughness will be key.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Check out Hayata's stats after ATTC 2023, Asian Games 2022 and WTT SCT Lanzhou 2023, which is, in all honestly, not good enough. If you look at her stats against China, it becomes bleak. Unlike Hirano and Ito in the Tokyo 2020 cycle, Hayata has yet to defeat top CNT players all the way to win a title in the Paris 2024 cycle. Even Hirano did it once at WTT CT Zagreb 2023 by getting past LWS (2 H2H 0 Kihara, Kihara had 2 match points), KM (2 H2H 0 Harimoto) and SYS (11 H2H 0 Hayata, 7 H2H 0 in 2023).

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
L

LYJ is just lucky that WCT is not in the top what 20? Asian games was a blur, and wct took two games off WCQ 11:5!!