WTT Contender Antalya 2023

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Then it must be Felix Lebrun again , but against Marcos Freitas at European games. It was also full set game and it was a big final, not just a contender.

But I say that as a Felix fan. Im sure there were huge final clashes between Chinese. But they’re in the special category.
This is the other match that qualifies for me. I wasn't really intrigued by Ma Long FZD at the Asian Champs but everyone is different for sure.

This user has no status.
This is the other match that qualifies for me. I wasn't really intrigued by Ma Long FZD at the Asian Champs but everyone is different for sure.

yes an extraordinary match and you have to remember that FZD triumphed 4-2 earlier this year at WTTC 2023 against same WCQ. a more one-sided match but a great match still.

WCQ got his revenge and his first major title.

This user has no status.
How many continents are there where they play table tennis?

I mean, i know 4 major continents, are there more? I ask because i want to see an event where they only host the finalists of continents champions [The winner and the runner-up], i know that China as Asian will be the winner, but it will be nice to see the champions competing each other in a small event, similar to that FIFA Clubs Championships which is like 7-8 teams/clubs only.

Also in tennis they have that kind of final event where it is only for the top 8 in rankings, I know there is a Final Tournament in table tennis also, but is it only for the top 8-10?

What is the difference between ITTF and WTT? I didn't hear or read about WTT contenders in the past, only recently, is it a new organization coming out to hold few different events away from ITTF?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
A very important victory for Felix's career. In fact, in my opinion, technically he is ready to defeat Ma Long and the rest of the chinese players, but he was not ready to do this in the Lanzhou semifinals due to psychology. In the fifth set he lacked confidence in his abilities. This victory will strengthen his spirit. Go Felix!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
A very important victory for Felix's career. In fact, in my opinion, technically he is ready to defeat Ma Long and the rest of the chinese players, but he was not ready to do this in the Lanzhou semifinals due to psychology. In the fifth set he lacked confidence in his abilities. This victory will strengthen his spirit. Go Felix!

If you compare Felix to Wang Hao, Felix is already more powerful and faster in pace. His long limbs also allow him to cover more area.

As a penholder at 17, he's suffering the same thing Wang Hao went through - Felix's wrist isn't strong enough to drive a powerful RPB. But just wait and see. I bet his RPB will mature before he turns 20.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hina Hayata's epic match with WYD at the 2023 World Championship redefined how Hayata is perceived. That match is match of the year for me:

Takkyu brought this up and I agree, I just tend to separate the men and the women's games. And I could take the Asian Games match with Hayata-WYD as well. Not as prolonged a final set but very dramatic and historic as well.

Reactions: Choosikick
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
If you compare Felix to Wang Hao, Felix is already more powerful and faster in pace. His long limbs also allow him to cover more area.

As a penholder at 17, he's suffering the same thing Wang Hao went through - Felix's wrist isn't strong enough to drive a powerful RPB. But just wait and see. I bet his RPB will mature before he turns 20.
Fang Bo would beg to differ.

如何看待方博认为王皓最爆 (How to treat Fang Bo's opinion that Wang Hao is the most explosive)
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8642669160

关于王皓拉球是否是历史最冲 后续 (Follow-up on whether Wang Hao has the most explosive loop in history)
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8664228123

Last edited:
Jan 2018
What's the h2h of Miwa Vs Miu??
I'm sure it's not bad for Ito either.
Maybe Takkyu or zeio can find something
Miwa has played all the Olympic Qualifications tournament ( It's been at like 5-6 tourneys, and she has only been to the final once), that doesn't sound like someone only having a problem with Hayata. Her growth is dependent on Hirano and Mima's development stalling. If they keep growing she'll stay at 4, Not sure she can even beat the Miyuus hands down. We'll see how the future goes though.
Harimoto will have to get past Kihara and Nagasaki first. She has scored a 3-2 win against Nagasaki recently at WTT CT Tunis 2023, but other than that, she has NEVER beaten Kihara and Hayata domestically or internationally.

International and league matches not included
Harimoto 0 H2H 3 Hayata
Grp 1-4 2021 WTTC Qualifier Stage 1
QF 2-4 2022 Zennoh Cup Funabashi
R16 1-4 2023 All-Japan TTC
QF 1-4 2023 Nojima Cup

Harimoto 1 H2H 1 Hirano
QF 4-2 2023 Zennoh Cup Hiratsuka
QF 0-4 2023 Zennoh Cup Tokyo (Hirano's comment)

Harimoto 1 H2H 1 Ito
R16 4-1 2022 Lion Cup
5-6 1-4 2022 Zennoh Cup Funabashi

Harimoto 0 H2H 2 Kihara
Grp 1-3 2020 WTTC 1st Qualifier
JG F 3-0 2022 All-Japan TTC

Harimoto 0 H2H 1 Nagasaki
R16 2-4 2022 Zennoh Cup Fukuoka

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel