WTT Contender Antalya 2023

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
this is going to be the match where Miwa is becoming the N1 in Japan. anyway it goes, i'm 200% sure she will win the domestic title next January.
I'm fancying my chances on betting that she won't win the domestic title ( All Japan right?) next year. She's still behind the top 3, She's got a decent chance against Ito though. Her time will come after Paris, but she's gotta surmount Hirano and Hayata for that to happen. It may turn out that she won't even be ready/get a chance till her 20s. Most prodigies in this sport in the last 15 years end up winning the majors in their 20s anyway. We'll see what Felix can do.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I'm fancying my chances on betting that she won't win the domestic title ( All Japan right?) next year. She's still behind the top 3, She's got a decent chance against Ito though. Her time will come after Paris, but she's gotta surmount Hirano and Hayata for that to happen. It may turn out that she won't even be ready/get a chance till her 20s. Most prodigies in this sport in the last 15 years end up winning the majors in their 20s anyway. We'll see what Felix can do.
Nah, she is at most 2 years away, three is way too long. I wouldn't be surprised if she won in January but Hayata is a major obstacle. I don't see Hirano or Ito as anything close to insurmountable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I hope Togami can look back at this string of tournament failure to gather experience, he can't just blindly fight with his physical strength and technique. Someone on 5ch says he's like "a very strong high schooler" and I totally agree lol.

At this rate, he's at best a 3rd singles player or worse, a practice partner for the whole NT

• Haha
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
What's the h2h of Miwa Vs Miu??
I'm sure it's not bad for Ito either.
Maybe Takkyu or zeio can find something
Miwa has played all the Olympic Qualifications tournament ( It's been at like 5-6 tourneys, and she has only been to the final once), that doesn't sound like someone only having a problem with Hayata. Her growth is dependent on Hirano and Mima's development stalling. If they keep growing she'll stay at 4, Not sure she can even beat the Miyuus hands down. We'll see how the future goes though.
Nah, she is at most 2 years away, three is way too long. I wouldn't be surprised if she won in January but Hayata is a major obstacle. I don't see Hirano or Ito as anything close to insurmountable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
What's the h2h of Miwa Vs Miu??
I'm sure it's not bad for Ito either.
Maybe Takkyu or zeio can find something
Miwa has played all the Olympic Qualifications tournament ( It's been at like 5-6 tourneys, and she has only been to the final once), that doesn't sound like someone only having a problem with Hayata. Her growth is dependent on Hirano and Mima's development stalling. If they keep growing she'll stay at 4, Not sure she can even beat the Miyuus hands down. We'll see how the future goes though.
If she was a 22 year old going on 26 your logic would be impeccable. For a 12 year old going to be 16 at the end of the cycle, the kind of progression we see in such players can be mindboggling. So I would weight her more recent results over her results in all the events. Her competition is not growing at the same rate so we will see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I predict Hayata will end the year WR#4. She will probably pick up her 3rd WTT Contender tomorrow before taking a week break ahead of WTT Champions Frankfurt. She was also the best doubles player in XD today.
If she can get ahead of Wang Manyu in the ittf rankings, it will cause significant problems for China.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
If she can get ahead of Wang Manyu in the ittf rankings, it will cause significant problems for China.
That's probably too tall an order. Assuming HH wins tomorrow, she'll have a net gain of 295 pts (400 Contender win - her current low of 105) giving her 2445 + 295 = 2740. WMY is at 3670. She has 525 pts expiring in October: 3670 - 525 = 3145. So HH would need to make up at least 405 pts in Frankfurt. But even if she somehow does just that, team China always has an ace up their sleeve. They just create their own tournament and not invite HH:

https://worldtabletennis.com/eventInfo?selectedTab=Player List&eventId=2794

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
That's probably too tall an order. Assuming HH wins tomorrow, she'll have a net gain of 295 pts (400 Contender win - her current low of 105) giving her 2445 + 295 = 2740. WMY is at 3670. She has 525 pts expiring in October: 3670 - 525 = 3145. So HH would need to make up at least 405 pts in Frankfurt. But even if she somehow does just that, team China always has an ace up their sleeve. They just create their own tournament and not invite HH:

https://worldtabletennis.com/eventInfo?selectedTab=Player List&eventId=2794
Is participation at these events strictly by invitation?
Where's the proof they're restricting Hayata from participation?, That's a huge claim to make
Besides, just "creating their own tournament" is plain disinformation, if you check out the WTT handbook from 2020; there was supposed to be a China Series ( Champions, Super Contender, Contender). I think it's only this year they were able to actualise it.
And before you say "China privilege", All capable member associations are allowed to do this, remember last year the European Challenge Series already happened across European Nations.
Germany hosted 2 feeder and a youth contender tournament this year, and they're hosting one more feeder and Champions event before this year ends.
Sweden hosted a Contender, a Feeder, and a youth contender this year. Doha hosted a Star Contender, Youth Contender and Feeder, same with Amman. All these are publicly available information.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Is participation at these events strictly by invitation?
Where's the proof they're restricting Hayata from participation?, That's a huge claim to make
Besides, just "creating their own tournament" is plain disinformation, if you check out the WTT handbook from 2020; there was supposed to be a China Series ( Champions, Super Contender, Contender). I think it's only this year they were able to actualise it.
And before you say "China privilege", All capable member associations are allowed to do this, remember last year the European Challenge Series already happened across European Nations.
Germany hosted 2 feeder and a youth contender tournament this year, and they're hosting one more feeder and Champions event before this year ends.
Sweden hosted a Contender, a Feeder, and a youth contender this year. Doha hosted a Star Contender, Youth Contender and Feeder, same with Amman. All these are publicly available information.
You mean you can't just create a tournament at the snap of a finger ;) ?

Congratulations to Hina Hayata on her 3rd WTT singles title this year!

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Miwa is just too predictable at the moment, she plays a bit like a robot. But once she mixes her skills with some tricks she'll be unbeatable.
To me it looks like she believes she can counter anyone so she pushes every receive long and expects to win the rally. It is impresssive (as is everything about Miwa) that this is mostly true. But not with the big four WCNT and not with HH at her present level.

Miwa's only getting better, maybe long-term it's solid strategy.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
You mean you can't just create a tournament at the snap of a finger ;) ?

Congratulations to Hina Hayata on her 3rd WTT singles title this year!
The JTTA has nuff information about that. Luckily, that should be easily accessible for you ☺️

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
To me it looks like she believes she can counter anyone so she pushes every receive long and expects to win the rally. It is impresssive (as is everything about Miwa) that this is mostly true. But not with the big four WCNT and not with HH at her present level.

Miwa's only getting better, maybe long-term it's solid strategy.
She has problems with powerful players in general. You can see this in her match vs. Balazova that could have gone either way in this tournament. She also has trouble with Miyu Nagasaki losing domestically and just winning deuce in the 5th at Contender Tunis. And losing to Adriana Diaz at Contender Muscat.

She'll be fine though as she gets older.