WTT Contender Antalya 2023

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Is participation at these events strictly by invitation?
Where's the proof they're restricting Hayata from participation?, That's a huge claim to make
Besides, just "creating their own tournament" is plain disinformation, if you check out the WTT handbook from 2020; there was supposed to be a China Series ( Champions, Super Contender, Contender). I think it's only this year they were able to actualise it.
And before you say "China privilege", All capable member associations are allowed to do this, remember last year the European Challenge Series already happened across European Nations.
Germany hosted 2 feeder and a youth contender tournament this year, and they're hosting one more feeder and Champions event before this year ends.
Sweden hosted a Contender, a Feeder, and a youth contender this year. Doha hosted a Star Contender, Youth Contender and Feeder, same with Amman. All these are publicly available information.
Which Contender did Sweden host this year?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
like we're just gonna forget all other Chinese top tier clash happened this year
I did (since I don't remember which ones you were talking about). I will remember this one, though. A 17 year old blooming vs an all time great. Reminds me of the European Games final. But to be fair, the Asian Games blocked youtube splicing of all their matches so I have not had a chance to absorb the Asian Games final which would be the closest thing to this. I prefer the story and the scores here though. I fancy this as much as the European Games final.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Two great singles finals this time.

Hayata looks like a nightmare for defenders with her consistency and her ability to switch between spinny loops and flatter FH attacks off the bounce. It's incredible how good Hayata's defensive game too, never being caught off guard when Han Ying switched to attacking, and Hayata's table coverage meant you can't get a ball by her with anything less than perfect placement. It's no wonder why she's such a great double's partner as well with these attributes.

Men's final was amazing for a lot of different reasons. Obviously a close game between the two with 3 games going past deuce. Ovcharov looked in top form and it was interesting to see him pull out the veteran bag of tricks to slow the game down and find ways to break Lebrun's momentum. But the most impressive thing was Lebrun's mentality. Came back from 9-2 when it looked like Ovcharov's service game had him flustered. That ability to regain composure at such a young age is really something special. Another thing he has in common with Hayata is the incredible defense. While Hayata still probably didn't need it to win her match, Lebrun definitely would've lost this match without it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Is Hirano in or out of WTT finals? The race to finals page has her listed as 16th.
Top 16 are in. However, I'm not sure why they have YXX at #17 with only 1159 points when her official ranking pts is 1520. CIC has some points expiring to put her even with Miu Hirano so it's going to end up with who can place further in Frankfurt. Adriana at 1765 pts has a total of 765 pts set to expire by Nov 7, but she will most likely make up for it at the Pan Am Games.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Top 16 are in. However, I'm not sure why they have YXX at #17 with only 1159 points when her official ranking pts is 1520. CIC has some points expiring to put her even with Miu Hirano so it's going to end up with who can place further in Frankfurt. Adriana at 1765 pts has a total of 765 pts set to expire by Nov 7, but she will most likely make up for it at the Pan Am Games.
Continental points may not count as tour points.

Reactions: pongfugrasshopper
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Which Contender did Sweden host this year?
Meant to type Slovenia; and it was a Star Contender.
Sweden has hosted only Feeders and Youth Contenders this year.
Croatia on the other hand has its own series ( including a Contender).

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Meant to type Slovenia; and it was a Star Contender.
Sweden has hosted only Feeders and Youth Contenders this year.
Croatia on the other hand has its own series ( including a Contender).
Ah okay, I thought that Sweden had somehow had a large tour event in addition to hosting the Euros and the feeders with some money of which I was unaware. And a tour event had happened that I somehow didn't watch.

This user has no status.
I usually don't mix the sexes with these awards but I can accept that, either of the two matches as a matter of fact.
Then it must be Felix Lebrun again , but against Marcos Freitas at European games. It was also full set game and it was a big final, not just a contender.

But I say that as a Felix fan. Im sure there were huge final clashes between Chinese. But they’re in the special category.