WTT Singapore Smash 2023

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
So the stream with the 45 (not really) degree angle had almost half as many viewers as the main feed, despite not having any replays, stat overlays, and the camera annoyingly flying all over the place during the points. It only took them 3 years to try this setup, so I'm fairly optimistic, I think we can expect a half decent camera angles sometime around 2032.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I will also be rooting for Hugo in this match and I would also really like Hugo to win

I really like Hugo's style and would like to see him win too.

Against Ma Long? The possibility is slim. Hugo, Liang Jingkun, Aruna and many others are power players.

Hugo can play a rally from all direction due to his reach. He can counter attack meters away from BH because of his power. But his placements aren't tricky enough to overcome Ma Long.

Ma Long in the current form is like the Ma Lin in 2008. He meticulously calculates and tests every single move, then he will analyse his opponent's weaknesses and adapt very quickly. You can't conquer Ma Long with height and power. You have to outsmart him.

This user has no status.
Fan Zhendong is close to unbeatable in topspin to topspin rallying - nobody really wins against him there. Wang Chuqin really needs to bamboozle Fan Zhendong in the serve/receive to have a chance, but unfortunately for him Fan Zhendong decoded all of them....

This user has no status.
Wang, yes, Fan fooled me too. Ma Long had better be ready if he beats Hugo.
Ma Long is always ready^^

Ma Long became even more versatile and is way more capable of making FZD lose his drive. The last matches i watched them both, FZD could barely play like 50-70% of his abilities, because Ma Long just made it impossible for him to get into the zone. FZD made so many uncharacteristic errors in these matches, it was amazing to see how ML achieved that.
We will probably see if FZD will have an answer to that, this time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

Ma Long became even more versatile and is way more capable of making FZD lose his drive. The last matches i watched them both, FZD could barely play like 50-70% of his abilities, because Ma Long just made it impossible for him to get into the zone. FZD made so many uncharacteristic errors in these matches, it was amazing to see how ML achieved that.
Rooting for ML, but betting on FZD. 4:2.

Isn't it impolite from both of us while the match is still in progress?

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Hugo VS Ma Long
D0346684-D562-48D0-A6DA-F4A5233E30F8.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023

I think Fan will beat Ma Long. Firstly, these are players from the same country who have known each other for a very long time, while Fan was persistently looking for the keys to defeat the dominant Ma, and he has already found these keys. Secondly, age and speed - Fan is younger, faster and more enduring. Third, the inventory - they both play with the same inventory, so the spin variations created by the sticky rubber won't be a problem for Fan, unlike Calderano.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
He wins with his Banana openings wide in forehand and generally by sending fan wide Left and right
But he goes off balance in rallies and Fan is not missing.

We all know that Ma Long rents space in Fan's head, the same way Wang Hao rented space in Ma's head. The issue was hardly technical in any case, the Olympics final clearly showed this as did the decision of the CNT not to send Ma Long to the WTTC.

But Fan is clearly technically capable and Truls has prepared him a little bit. I will root for the underdog lol.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Can't find a stream here in UK?
WTT have screwed all TT fans in UK. Even if you get viaplay sports channels via Sky/VM/Prime, WTT Singapore Smash is not broadcast on these TV channels, so one must watch it online on the viaplay website and that requires a separate viaplay sports subscription.

• Wow
Reactions: latej and Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Ma Long's as well as FZD's backhand are out of this world.
I wonder if FZD did adjust his technique. It seems like he has a langer follow through... what do you guys think?
I've never been that much impressed that much but FZD's backhand is just next level this tournament.