WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2023

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022

One of the more anticipated matches of this draw so far with Moregard and Alexis Lebrun. The tension was palpable and the first couple of sets certainly delivered.

Interesting that Moregard wasn't playing to Lebrun's pace. Instead of obviously stalling on every serve receive like Licen, he picked some moments to not get set at his own pace. It got a few lets from the ref, and maybe a small bit annoyance out of Alexis, but mostly I think it just helped him play looser.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Great tournament so far! Ma Long got knocked out. The Youtube comments say Ma Long threw the match to make way for the new, younger player to gain more experience. That is a bunch of Horsesh*t. If Ma Long wanted to throw the match, he would have done it in three straight games. By waste energy and possibly suffer an injury to go five sets?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
third time lucky for calderano as he takes out togami. overall a good tournament for togami though who i hope to see continue at this level in future, we have seen from japanese national tournaments that he has the potential to be a fantastic player.
sadly, I think not, Togami has won Hugo twice before. Given the experience of the previous matches, he should've handled better this time. This is the best chance he had to entered the top 4 in a tournament and he blew it

I'm watching the Match between Sun Yingsha v Wang Manyu the quality or the table tennis is amazing!!!! But the umpires need to be stricter with Wang Manyu she keeps being told to play but takes her time !!! Not right should be given a yellow card so the game keeps flowing!!! Maybe a timer like in tennis!!! Wow as I'm watching Wang Manyu has been given a yellow card!!! They are both playing far to slowly!!! Such a shame they are both using gamesmanship to get a upper hand !!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
sadly, I think not, Togami has won Hugo twice before. Given the experience of the previous matches, he should've handled better this time. This is the best chance he had to entered the top 4 in a tournament and he blew it
Yeah but just like when Togami beats Harimoto, is it because Togami is so much better or has such a better matchup that his opponent never deserves to win? Of course not, the matches are close struggles where Togami usually comes out on top but those things are not stable if repeated over and over. Togami will get more chances but Hugo was always capable of beating him and lost tough matches.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Yeah but just like when Togami beats Harimoto, is it because Togami is so much better or has such a better matchup that his opponent never deserves to win? Of course not, the matches are close struggles where Togami usually comes out on top but those things are not stable if repeated over and over. Togami will get more chances but Hugo was always capable of beating him and lost tough matches.
yeah, re-watching the highlights I noticed Hugo have exploited the forehand of Togami with straight backhand shot very well.
A thing I noticed is that for a vocal player like Togami, he's totally quiet throughout the 4th and 5th set, maybe this will mark a new change for him in match mentality

• Wow
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi