Xiom new collection (2024)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
How do we know that Vega H won't be the same as them?
I don't understand why you think that's a possibility. Didn't you read the catalogue? It's plastered in terms like micro sticky and Chinese sticky. The H in the Vega H series is for hybrid. The other rubbers you listed are not sticky at all

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
I don't understand why you think that's a possibility. Didn't you read the catalogue? It's plastered in terms like micro sticky and Chinese sticky. The H in the Vega H series is for hybrid. The other rubbers you listed are not sticky at all
Yet the other rubbers were also advertised as hybrids. The omega hybrid and china is 100% sticky. But Vega H only has micro sticky in its prose.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Yet the other rubbers were also advertised as hybrids. The omega hybrid and china is 100% sticky. But Vega H only has micro sticky in its prose.
Please show me where those other rubbers are advertised as hybrids. I have found nothing.

I am looking at the "prose" for Vega H Pro and I am reading the words "Chinese sticky" right now. Not only micro sticky. Am I wrong?

This user has no status.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
I've never seen where you can buy sponge and rubber separately.
Used to be way more common even just 10 years ago. A lot of Globe, RITC, Palio stuff back then. Avalox sponges were also pretty popular but it was mostly Chinese stuff from Chinese sources. A lot of it was pimples topsheets and thinner sponges but outlets like ColesTT would stock inverted topsheets and even glue them together for you.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Used to be way more common even just 10 years ago. A lot of Globe, RITC, Palio stuff back then. Avalox sponges were also pretty popular but it was mostly Chinese stuff from Chinese sources. A lot of it was pimples topsheets and thinner sponges but outlets like ColesTT would stock inverted topsheets and even glue them together for you.
i forgot about Cole
i'm sure he still sell today

and it does seem like only pimple out survived until today
inverted died when 729 lost its top position years ago

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
Jul 2014
i forgot about Cole
i'm sure he still sell today

and it does seem like only pimple out survived until today
inverted died when 729 lost its top position years ago
I still place the occasional order from Cole, my first order from him was circa 2010-2011 I think and his website has not changed to much from back then haha. He mostly stocks Air brand products which he has a big hand in testing/development and distribution I believe. He has also been stocking a new line of Winning products.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Please show me where those other rubbers are advertised as hybrids. I have found nothing.

I am looking at the "prose" for Vega H Pro and I am reading the words "Chinese sticky" right now. Not only micro sticky. Am I wrong?
While it does say chinese sticky, it says its a new interpretation. Which could mean that they lower the tackiness like tesnors or not. Thats the point, it's not like a clear statement.

1000006266.jpg

Bluegrip s2's a 42.5 deg rubber fyi.

Attachments

• 1000006265.jpg
    1000006265.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 29
This user has no status.
but a bluegrip s1 is out,at least here in germany for a while now,47.5.
But doesn´t the Tibhar Hybrid MK have a 48° sponge.
Palios the only Topsheets available,inverted and Giant dragon ANti in that store,but it is very reputable here in Germany.
Bu I heard only guys from the Imperium order there mostly the sponges and their other weaponry.
but Spinlord is in high regard cause of the price/performance ratio.
but with only 4 inverted topsheets in stock,you simply could buy the regular ones for a few more euros.
Has anybody ever glued inverted on a sponge ,i mean by himself?is that ittf approved ?

Last edited:
says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
No, none of those are hybrids or even slightly tacky. My main practice partner is using c48 and I promise you it is not.

It seems these Vega H rubbers really might be the first hybrids under 50 degrees.
Repetition number 3627495050:
„Hybrid“ does not necessarily mean „sticky topsheet“ and „catapult sponge“.
It means, that the playing properties of Chinese and European / Japanese rubbers are combined.
Chinese playing properties are:
- linear
- very slow on low impact (like receive)
- very gripping topsheet for short movement counterspins

These properties are perfectly done when:
- sponge is hard
- pimples are coned
- topsheet is at least extremely grippy but not necessarily sticky!

Most hybrid rubbers make use of a very slight tackiness / extreme grippiness to not lose the catapulty effect of European sponge completely.

Therefore you rasanter c, bluestar, bluegrip and hybrid mk are all hybrids even though they are not grippy like h3.

By the way: c48 easily lifts a light plastic foil which a normal rubber like r48 can’t.
So it is sticky, but only very slightly

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Repetition number 3627495050:
„Hybrid“ does not necessarily mean „sticky topsheet“ and „catapult sponge“.
It means, that the playing properties of Chinese and European / Japanese rubbers are combined.
Chinese playing properties are:
- linear
- very slow on low impact (like receive)
- very gripping topsheet for short movement counterspins

These properties are perfectly done when:
- sponge is hard
- pimples are coned
- topsheet is at least extremely grippy but not necessarily sticky!

Most hybrid rubbers make use of a very slight tackiness / extreme grippiness to not lose the catapulty effect of European sponge completely.

Therefore you rasanter c, bluestar, bluegrip and hybrid mk are all hybrids even though they are not grippy like h3.

By the way: c48 easily lifts a light plastic foil which a normal rubber like r48 can’t.
So it is sticky, but only very slightly
That's fine, but for me there has to be some tackiness, so I personally don't agree. the hybrids were originally a tacky Chinese Top sheet on a Euro bouncy sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
While it does say chinese sticky, it says its a new interpretation. Which could mean that they lower the tackiness like tesnors or not. Thats the point, it's not like a clear statement.
Bluegrip s2's a 42.5 deg rubber fyi.
You never mentioned any Bluegrip until now but yes I can see that this rubber is a hybrid below 50 degrees

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
That's fine, but for me there has to be some tackiness, so I personally don't agree. the hybrids were originally a tacky Chinese Top sheet on a Euro bouncy sponge.
Yes, I agree with IB66. A hybrid rubber is only that if it is at least semi-tacky. Adhering a rubber protector on the first day before actually playing with it does not constitute semi-tacky in my opinion

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Yes, I agree with IB66. A hybrid rubber is only that if it is at least semi-tacky. Adhering a rubber protector on the first day before actually playing with it does not constitute semi-tacky in my opinion
Because? What does it change, if you have 2 rubbers play exactly the same, one is little tacky, one isn’t.
It’s about the properties, not about if you can lift a ball with rubber while not being in a rally.
I am 100% sure you would be able to distinguish between c48 with slightly more tackiness and the way it actually is in the rally.
„Hybrids have to have tackiness“ is just in a mental thing for you