Yasaka Rising Dragon vs Chinese tacky rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Hi guys,

I've been looking at trying to find a rubber that is really good for spinny serves and spinny pushes. But also works really well in lifting underspin and 3rd ball attack.
I know that the chinese tacky rubbers are great for spinny serves and in the short game for loading up on spin. Do they have lots of spin on loops and 3rd ball too?

Then I came across the new Yasaka Rising Dragon. Its description says that its a hybrid and has the spin of a chinese rubber. How true is this? Does it compete with the spin on the chinese rubbers? I've been using Evolution MX-S for 5 months and I want to try and get even more spin. I feel that going from MX-S to a chinese tacky rubber could be too much of a change. Would the Rising Dragon be worth going for?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Rising Dragon is a chinese rubber. It's probably classed as a hybrid because it's semi-tacky (topsheet looks very much like yinhe big dipper) rather than full-on tacky like a classic H3, and its sponge is modern and porous (I could believe it if someone said it was a japanese sponge - it's really nice) rather than rock-hard and solid.

If you wanted to experiment with a move from ESN to chinese than Rising Dragon is a good one to try out for sure, but it's pretty expensive for what it is.

A cheaper option - I've recently got hold of a sheet of Sanwei Target National (blue sponge). It's cheaper than Rising Dragon but is along the same lines - semi-tacky and porous sponge - and I wonder if they come from the same factory. I haven't had chance to try it out yet but the sponge looks really similar, while the topsheet feels similarly tacky but is a fair bit softer.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
I have played with Rising Dragon once. The rubber is not very tacky, meaning that it much more felt as tensors rubber like Mark-V. Yes, it says hybrid on description but it is simply a combination of tensors with slight tackiness. Therefore, you have less spinny serves than those super-tacky Chinese rubbers. However, the good thing about Rising Dragon is that it is much controllable than chinese rubbers.

In my opinion, I do not think Rising Dragon can replace boosted chinese rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I have played with Rising Dragon once. The rubber is not very tacky, meaning that it much more felt as tensors rubber like Mark-V. Yes, it says hybrid on description but it is simply a combination of tensors with slight tackiness. Therefore, you have less spinny serves than those super-tacky Chinese rubbers. However, the good thing about Rising Dragon is that it is much controllable than chinese rubbers.

In my opinion, I do not think Rising Dragon can replace boosted chinese rubbers.

Well, i was just about to replace my old Nittaku-DHS H3 with a Rising Dragon. The sheet has already arrived, but i just also received a h3 rubber unexpectedly a couple of days ago, so the RD's still gotta wait a bit.

I'll keep you posted what i think of the replacement in a couple of weeks.