Your Favorite Inner Carbon Blade - SURVEY

This user has no status.
Good post @Equaaz - may I add one to this list? The Nittaku S-CZ

Out of the 90 or so blades that I have, my favorite blade (for the playing feeling, the finishing and the beauty - but not necessarily for effectiveness towards winning games) is the Nittaku S-CZ. I played it with Battle 2 on FH and MX-P (max I think) on backhand. I have blindingly fast FH power loops with extreme kick and with this blade, though there was not much power, every ball fell on the table and I could feel every ball and impart as much spin as I wanted to it. The feeling of control due to the dwell and spin was better in this blade than anything else I had played with. However, it is not much suitable for high level competition play due to the lack of high end power. It was also possibly the most comfortable blade to play with due to the beautifully rounded edges, the light weight and the relatively small head size. The finishing was the best I had ever seen on any blade (way better than any Butterfly or even any other Nittaku) and the wooden handle was a thing of beauty (the handle is roundish and fills the hand - I would ideally want a slightly slimmer and flatter handle though)

View attachment 25763
View attachment 25764
Hi @Spinsanity
If you had to name a blade having similar attributes to this, but having more power capability, what would it be?
Cheers, AOA

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Good post @Equaaz - may I add one to this list? The Nittaku S-CZ

Out of the 90 or so blades that I have, my favorite blade (for the playing feeling, the finishing and the beauty - but not necessarily for effectiveness towards winning games) is the Nittaku S-CZ. I played it with Battle 2 on FH and MX-P (max I think) on backhand. I have blindingly fast FH power loops with extreme kick and with this blade, though there was not much power, every ball fell on the table and I could feel every ball and impart as much spin as I wanted to it. The feeling of control due to the dwell and spin was better in this blade than anything else I had played with. However, it is not much suitable for high level competition play due to the lack of high end power. It was also possibly the most comfortable blade to play with due to the beautifully rounded edges, the light weight and the relatively small head size. The finishing was the best I had ever seen on any blade (way better than any Butterfly or even any other Nittaku) and the wooden handle was a thing of beauty (the handle is roundish and fills the hand - I would ideally want a slightly slimmer and flatter handle though)

View attachment 25763
View attachment 25764
Something tells me that amongst your 90 blades I could find at least one all-wood Acoustic ))
Whatever blade I try, this is the wood I always come back to. It's like the good old comfortable slippers.
I would greatly appreciate if you could compare S-CZ to Acoustic. Speed, short game, dwell, throw, spin and overall feel. Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
Any recent new additions to this list?

I have used the butterfly Innerforce layer ALC nice blade/feeling but the flared handle is small much prefer the Viscaria flared handle even though it’s only a mm or so thicker it makes a big difference!

Which inner carbon blades have the most chunky handles?

Cheers!

This user has no status.
Seems Joola Rossi Emotion isn't very popular in this thread. My vote goes for it! I moved from Off- 5 ply all wood (Bfly Primorac, YSE, Victas Euro Feeling) to JRE without impact. Actually I feel more confident and consistent despite the higher hardness of the rubbers I've chosen.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I've changed my previous opinion, after trying Sanwei 75 Inner it became my favourite inner carbon blade by margin.

I have a smile in my face since I've tried it and looking forward for the second training I'll have with it :love:
I told you, it's very good! What do you like about it?

Hi @Spinsanity
If you had to name a blade having similar attributes to this, but having more power capability, what would it be?
Cheers, AOA
That would be the DHS 301 T - amazing control, dwell, ball feeling and looping ability like the SC-Z with the addition of a MUCH higher catapult effect/rebound (and thus power), very high stability, fantastic sweet spot, great touch for the short game and fantastic long arc for mid distance or even further away. Amazing blade. Fantastic at the short game and amazing for distance play too when the fibres are engaged. Every ball from this blade is high quality (fast, low, spinny, huge kick) if you have the Chinese style of game (power from the ground up, full swing, weight transfer, hip rotation) along with Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge (which seems as if it is made for this blade). I like it better than Viscaria.

Be mindful that the blade weight matters between pieces of a specific model. To be an effective winning machine, the blade weight needs to be close to or more than 90 grams. NORMALLY, any lighter and it would be more suited to purely non competitive play. DHS blades have highly varying weights I guess. All that I have written above applies to one that was 87 gms. It would be even more powerful with more penetrating power if it was a bit more - but I do not like very heavy blades so I chose that weight knowing the trade-off. I was beyond happy and surprised at the penetrating power of the piece I got even at 87 gms. I have a very high win percentage with that blade and equally importantly, it is extremely enjoyable to play with because of the control, feeling and power.

It is a matter of luck too since I also have the 301 (the first model in the 301 series) and that one was a 'nothing' blade the last time I tried it. No spin, power - even though the reviews were very good. Guess it is due to the slack quality control. The piece I got was a dud.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
That would be the DHS 301 T - amazing control, dwell, ball feeling and looping ability like the SC-Z with the addition of a MUCH higher catapult effect/rebound (and thus power), very high stability, fantastic sweet spot, great touch for the short game and fantastic long arc for mid distance or even further away. Amazing blade. Fantastic at the short game and amazing for distance play too when the fibres are engaged. Every ball from this blade is high quality (fast, low, spinny, huge kick) if you have the Chinese style of game (power from the ground up, full swing, weight transfer, hip rotation) along with Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge (which seems as if it is made for this blade). I like it better than Viscaria.

Be mindful that the blade weight matters between pieces of a specific model. To be an effective winning machine, the blade weight needs to be close to or more than 90 grams. NORMALLY, any lighter and it would be more suited to purely non competitive play. DHS blades have highly varying weights I guess. All that I have written above applies to one that was 87 gms. It would be even more powerful with more penetrating power if it was a bit more - but I do not like very heavy blades so I chose that weight knowing the trade-off. I was beyond happy and surprised at the penetrating power of the piece I got even at 87 gms. I have a very high win percentage with that blade and equally importantly, it is extremely enjoyable to play with because of the control, feeling and power.

It is a matter of luck too since I also have the 301 (the first model in the 301 series) and that one was a 'nothing' blade the last time I tried it. No spin, power - even though the reviews were very good. Guess it is due to the slack quality control. The piece I got was a dud.
Thanks @Spinsanity
That blade was not on my radar (just ordered the Sanwei 75 alc inner and am considering the shang kun as well), I will definitely look into it.
Cheers, LLS

says Feel the ball first.
says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
I told you, it's very good! What do you like about it?

I believed you since your first review (y)

I like that it is crispy, dwelly and fast with more control than my Viscaria.

I am able to keep higher pace on BH-BH rallies and finishing the points with more than enough speed on FH / BH.

Blocking is perfect, topspin against backspin is effortless.

Viscaria ha still the edge on general speed (10% more I guess) and in BH topspin openings vs backspin, but at the cost of way less control and feel.

I'll probably use it on my next official tournament :love:

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I believed you since your first review (y)

I like that it is crispy, dwelly and fast with more control than my Viscaria.

I am able to keep higher pace on BH-BH rallies and finishing the points with more than enough speed on FH / BH.

Blocking is perfect, topspin against backspin is effortless.

Viscaria ha still the edge on general speed (10% more I guess) and in BH topspin openings vs backspin, but at the cost of way less control and feel.

I'll probably use it on my next official tournament :love:
Yes I agree, it's very crisp and snappy and responsive, like brand new Iphone.

But, it also has good dwell time and works well for spinny loops and controlled, powerful attacking. Blocking is perfectly comfortable.

I would rate response 9/10 and dwell 8.5/10

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Yes I agree, it's very crisp and snappy and responsive, like brand new Iphone.

But, it also has good dwell time and works well for spinny loops and controlled, powerful attacking. Blocking is perfectly comfortable.

I would rate response 9/10 and dwell 8.5/10

What would the same ratings be for your Stuor Harimoto? I've got about 8 hours worth of play time on mine and I'm starting to really enjoy it. I'm able to produce way more spin on most shots, my blocking has improved dramatically (especially on the forehand side with LAC). I don't know if it's just my imagination, but I'm able to control it better on nearly every shot, even in short pushes. It's a more capable blade than any all-wood I've used without any noticeable tradeoffs. Maybe the only thing I can think of that is a problem is that Yinhe Moon 12 Blue feels almost too bouncy, but right now I'm just chalking that up to me having a bad backhand in general.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
What would the same ratings be for your Stuor Harimoto? I've got about 8 hours worth of play time on mine and I'm starting to really enjoy it. I'm able to produce way more spin on most shots, my blocking has improved dramatically (especially on the forehand side with LAC). I don't know if it's just my imagination, but I'm able to control it better on nearly every shot, even in short pushes. It's a more capable blade than any all-wood I've used without any noticeable tradeoffs. Maybe the only thing I can think of that is a problem is that Yinhe Moon 12 Blue feels almost too bouncy, but right now I'm just chalking that up to me having a bad backhand in general.
Stuor dwell would be 9/10. Its a bit catchier.

Responsiveness would be 8/10. Its still a fairly crisp, responsive blade. But just a bit laggier than the 75inner. But more responsive than HL5

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Can anyone compare the Sanwei Inner 75 to Harimoto ALC/Innerforce Layer ALC or DHS H301?
I liked the H301 but had a hard time adjusting to some kind of springyness when hitting hard forhand (compared to a Viscaria). But the short game was sweet.

I own an Inner 75 but havent started using it yet. Middle of season...