Zhang Jike equipment 2015?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
It's true. I linked to the wrong one. There is a thread from this year with newer info.

The last photos I saw, ZJK was using:

Viscaria (custom) H3 Blue Sponge and T05. But the Tenergy rubber's number has changed a few times.

ML was using Hurricane Long 5 W968 (custom) with H3 BS FH and either H3-80 BH or T05 BH (he may have gone back to T05).

FZD was using Butterfly Viscaria with Stiga Infinity handle, H3 BS FH and T05 BH.

When I am at a computer I will see if I can find the most recent, complete thread for this subject. But if someone else can find it, post away:

Giang?

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

Here is the link to the more recent thread about the pros and their equipment.

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?10648-Pro-s-Equipment-2015-Update

You beat me to it, Carl! :) The CNT players have been switching between a lot of rubbers lately due to the polyball.
Carl, you got the different setups correctly. I just wanna correct ML's BH rubber to H3 #60 sponge. Pictures from the World Cup still shows he is using a DHS rubber on his BH.

For sticking to the topic ZJK has been switching around T64, T05FX and T05, but there hasn't been 100% confirmation of pictures from recent tournaments showing what he is using. So until then we can only make a guess and the best guess is that he is using a Tenergy of some kind.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl, you got the different setups correctly. I just wanna correct ML's BH rubber to H3 #60 sponge. Pictures from the World Cup still shows he is using a DHS rubber on his BH.

Thanks. I saw him twiddling to the red rubber for smashing and thought that maybe he went back to Tenergy.

Does the H3 #60 have a more springy sponge that would work better than the H3 Blue Sponge for smashing?

Reactions: Suga D and fais
This user has no status.
Thanks. I saw him twiddling to the red rubber for smashing and thought that maybe he went back to Tenergy.

Does the H3 #60 have a more springy sponge that would work better than the H3 Blue Sponge for smashing?

Assuming this to be the likely case, this would mean the tin arc sponge (boosted I imagine) is springier than the h3 bs boosted?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I really got a kick out of that when you said it. Pretty funny. :)

I was actually waiting for someone to say:

i need that t80 sponge, no matter what. And if i have to tear off the topsheet of a brandnew t80... I need that sponge....

:D
That would've blown it! :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: fais
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
Yeah. Hard to say what he is using without photos that show. But he has been using Tenergy for years on BH and most of that time he was using T64. Not really sure which version he is using now. But he has used T64 more than anything else.

However, Butterfly sells T64 based on saying he is using it. And they have not changed the website for those periods where he has used something else.

But when someone gets good photos of his BH rubber we will know for sure which Tenergy he is using at that time. A few months later he may change again.

Not sure about how it is in your club but Tenergy 64 is far more popular in my club. Easier to use as it isn't as spin sensitive as Tenergy 05 and has a high amount of power.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Not sure about how it is in your club but Tenergy 64 is far more popular in my club. Easier to use as it isn't as spin sensitive as Tenergy 05 and has a high amount of power.

The guys who are pro or semi pro where I am usually use T05 or H3 on FH and T05fx or T64 on BH. That is most common. But all the Tenergy rubbers are really good.

So in the end it may depend on whether you value more arc and spin or more speed. I could see arguments for the need for either with the poly ball.

But I have noticed a few pros who used to use other things, including different versions of Tenergy trying out T05 recently.

Reactions: Rajah*