Bryce Speed and Bryce Speed FX - Why no one uses that rubbers??

says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Guys!!

Why no one uses Bryce Speed and Bryce Speed FX? They seem's to be a good backhand rubber(speed, good block, good hit) I would like to give it a try, but they are too expensive to do so ;) ahahaha

And someone can tell me if a Boosted Bryce Speed/ Bryce Speed FX is playable??

Since I used Bryce and Bryce FX during speed glue era, the first rubbers I tried after the ban were Bryce Speed and Bryce Speed fx.........was so disapointed (was really too slow, miles away from a glued Bryce). But at that time I was mainly searching for the speed glue feeling which Bryce speed had absolutely not.

It would be even worse with the plastic ball since the grip was not amazing.

If you use booster, it should of course change things alot (and first of all you will get a decent speed).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Even boosted, they're not so great compared to other options nowadays. Little spin, not much speed, and kind of numb feeling.

Blocking and punching might be the only redeeming things about them, but even then there are many other and cheaper alternatives that outperform bryce speed and speed fx in those categories too.

This user has no status.
the bryce/speed sponge was simply sub par to the new spring sponge when the speed glue ban dropped. Thats the main reason.
The secondary one is that the topsheet packs VERY little grip to suit todays game. It's very suitable for a flat hitting game but playing loops on them was a nightmare. I've not tried them with the new plastic ball but i suspect it will play like an anti-spin rubber now.

This user has no status.
Cake, I suspect your homeland has HIGH humidity in summer, try that crappy no so good grip topsheet in extreme humidity hahah, you REALLY would have a negative opinion.
Oh god. You know that layer of dampness thing once happened on a piece of T80 and it honestly felt like it was a piece of rubber from a recreational bat.....the ball simply slips off when you touch it