Begginner rubber and should I change my blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Hi, this is my first post after being recommended this forum by my friend. I have been playing table tennis for 1.5 years casually for about two hours a week (one with a coach) and recently I have joined a club and im now playing for about 6 hours a week and I had my first tournament last week. I have been playing with a palio ka blade with cj8000 rubbers in 2.2 mm which are worn out so im going to replace them. should I get mark v or would that be to fast? I'm also thinking of replacing the blade as the palio ka is very stiff and thick but I dont know if it is really necerssary, if you think it is could you reccomend a blade for me. thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I have an offensive style and like to play close to the table. I do not have a ranking but im guessing it would be around 400

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Have you discussed with your coach?

If you are young, you really should move to an offensive setup as soon as possible. If you are older, you may get any classic all wood ALL+ or OFF- blade with good offensive rubbers. Mark V is okay if you still don't know how to topspin. If you can topspin, you probably should get something more modern even if only in 2.0 sponge. Something like Joola Rhyzm or Joola Energy Extra.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015

If you are young, you really should move to an offensive setup as soon as possible. If you are older, you may get any classic all wood ALL+ or OFF- blade with good offensive rubbers. Mark V is okay if you still don't know how to topspin. If you can topspin, you probably should get something more modern even if only in 2.0 sponge. Something like Joola Rhyzm or Joola Energy Extra.

My coach wants me to use his old bat which has tenergy 05 on a primorac blade but when I tried playing with this my shots would go of the table and I found it hard to return serves. I have two options which i'm considering, I can either get this bat made up by teesports http://www.teessport.com/table-tennis-bats-c3/butterfly-soft-table-tennis-bat-p8788 or I can keep my palio ka blade and just buy mark v or sriver rubbers. thanks for all the help.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 4 reviews
I think you should try the stiga cr blade it is very light and perfect for modern attackers.And rearding the rubber donic bluefire is great for more control and spin less speed i think it would suit you as you don;t like too much speed.

I agree with shuki, your coach knows what's best for you, I also try t05 and it was hard to control, but you just gotta give it time and practice with it, but otherwise I will go with donic bluefire m2 (jp 02), it's a really good combination between speed and spin, also try t64, that's my favorite bh rubber

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
My coach wants me to use his old bat which has tenergy 05 on a primorac blade but when I tried playing with this my shots would go of the table and I found it hard to return serves. I have two options which i'm considering, I can either get this bat made up by teesports http://www.teessport.com/table-tennis-bats-c3/butterfly-soft-table-tennis-bat-p8788 or I can keep my palio ka blade and just buy mark v or sriver rubbers. thanks for all the help.

When you use what your coach recommends, it is easier to hold your coach accountable by setting goals and timelines. If he is selling you the equipment, then there is a conflict of interest and I understand your reluctance and support your decision . You can get him to recommend alternatives that he would approve of to see whether he is just trying to sell you stuff or not.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah. And it is interesting how similar what your coach recommended and what NextLevel recommended.

And in that other thread, the recommendation, based on what that OP needed was Tibhar Stratus Power Wood with Baracuda. If you feel Tenergy is too hard to adjust to, or too expensive something like Baracuda or Xiom Vega Pro/Europe would be a good alternative moving towards Tenergy. Or the rubbers NextLevel recommended in this thread: "Joola Rhyzm or Joola Energy Extra."

And the Stratus Power Wood is very similar to the Primorac Off- but it is almost 1/3 less expensive and has better feeling (at least in my opinion).

So, NextLevel may have been onto something in this thread when he said:

Sent from Godric'sHollow using the ResurrectionStone

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 34 reviews
Mark V would definitely be worth a try if you are looking to develop your strokes more, it definitely isn't 'too fast'. If you decide to make your own decision it's a reasonable choice to continue building your game. You can probably keep your current blade and see how it goes with the new rubber first.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
thanks for the help everyone. Im going to order 2 mark v rubbers and see how they perform on my blade, i'll buy a new blade later if I need to.