a rubber close to T05 FX but with sound ?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Why would sound or lack of sound worry you?

The rubber has something to do with the sound but so does your impact and quality of contact.

And as NextLevel already suggested, boosting should give you more sound. And FX-P would be closer to T05FX in hardness than MX-P since MX-P is harder than T05.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
I've just ordered a sheet of Mizuno gf t 45,which is supposed to have a good sound and be similar to tenergy but not sure which one,also was only £24 a sheet .Should be here in a few days so will give my views when i can,but on the database its rated 9.7/10.so seems like its gonna be ok.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
i didn't know rubber sound was an issue for people. I have occasionally ran into a blade with a sound that didnt match the feeling of it and thats thrown me off for a few strokes.

Use Calibra LT Sound or play someone who uses it. It might become an issues for you after the experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Use Calibra LT Sound or play someone who uses it. It might become an issues for you after the experience.
a lot of people at local clubs ask me for equipment advice since i've used so much. Ill have to recommend this one to someone in hopes of trying it out ;). I'm trying hard to not ej myself anymore

This user has no status.
The funny thing is that 05-FX has more sound than 05. So I am not sure whether sound is as important for TT as all that but all that matters in the end is what is important for you.

Yep the 05-FX is louder than the T05 because the ball sinks deeper into the sponge
and into the blade.
Bang Impact as Mr. Moon said :)

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
violin and thus sound is my job, il like to ear sound when rubber is hiting the ball.

And I have to say I can actually purchase those rubbers discounted, much cheaper than Tenergy

Well, perhaps this is semantics. I like sound. But I am not super worried about it. It is cool when the sound of your contact can actually intimidate your opponent.

Softer rubbers do tend to make more sound.

Also, there are a few sounds to distinguish between. When the ball sinks all the way into the wood and you hear that crack, or snap of the impact of the ball into the wood. This isn't always a good sound especially if it has that harshness of a slap when you were trying to loop-drive. There is that sound of light wood impact and the rebound of the topsheet and sponge that sound of a loop-drive. And there is that corking pop of a loop with a ton of brush impact where the ball never reached the wood and the sound is made entirely by the rebound of the sponge. That one is the hardest to get and the one that is the most useful. That is actually a sonic boom from the rebound of the sponge and it invariably means that there is a ton of spin on the ball and excellent pace at the same time. Like the popping of a cork. Or like the crack of a towel when you use it like a whip. Or....a whip. For that moment the speed of the sponge rebounding is so fast that you get the pop of a sonic boom.

That last sound needs pretty good technique to get it. It needs high impact but semi-thin impact. The ball has to sink in deep enough to activate the topsheet and sponge and it needs to use a decent amount of the sponge. But the brush still has to be thin enough so the impact does not go all the way to the wood.

Not getting the sound is not much to worry about. But getting it is really nice, so, something to want, but not something to cause concern when it is not there.

The better your technique the more pop you can get. The softer the rubber the easier to get that pop. And boosting makes it more likely to get that pop as well. Good topsheet grab helps too.

I even like the feeling of the sound in my hand. These are the things that make table tennis worth playing for me.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel