Adidas P7 Alternative

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I have been playing with Adidas P7 on my forehand for a couple of years now & find it to be an incredible rubber. Now that they have stopped making it & store stocks have run out I am looking to find a replacement. For me it has crazy spin an easy block & touch as well as a good smash. I think on of the unique characteristics is that it has a great feel for a subtly drop shot but if you load it up the gears bring in loads of spin or speed. Is there anybody out there that has been using this rubber & found a suitable replacement?

On the other hand if anybody knows of an online shop that still holds Black Max P7 please let me know as I would buy more rather than change if it were possible.

This user has no status.
I have used adidas p5 and I too agree that these rubbers were great in play. Though. i have since then diverted to chinese rubber, preferring skyline 3neo, maybe you could go for tibhar evolution series, mx-p, xiom sigma 3 pro or euro, has got carbo sponge, which has nice dwell time and has good spin flat shot game.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I have used adidas p5 and I too agree that these rubbers were great in play. Though. i have since then diverted to chinese rubber, preferring skyline 3neo, maybe you could go for tibhar evolution series, mx-p, xiom sigma 3 pro or euro, has got carbo sponge, which has nice dwell time and has good spin flat shot game.

I found xiom sigma 2 Euro only lasted a month or two when I tried that & have never liked Tibhar rubbers. Where do you get the Skyline 3neo from?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
P7 - amazing rubber, sadly missed.

For a close match in terms of similar ESN components, Donic Baracuda or Xiom Omega IV Asia. Not identical, but similar.

For a modern alternative (better topsheet for the plastic ball IMO), Xiom Omega V Asia is the best I've found. I've tried a lot of rubbers, but after a happy time with P7 I settled on this. Not identical, but similar results.

I wouldn't particularly recommend any tacky chinese rubber as a P7 alternative specifically. Too different. Skyline is a great rubber though.

This user has no status.
Fastarc G-1 play exactly the same but with a different feel.
I also agree with Omega IV Asia which im using more atm. I feels harder and more of a loop driver rubber than brush loop but in term of spin it is the same if not more on harder strokes. It has much more speed, bares t64 id say.
Also there is Rakza 7. But this one is love or hate case. It has a different feel and minors technique changes is required to get a good amount of spin. Id say is more of a BH rubber if that makes any sense.

I have an Acoustic with P7 and my main setup is a Violin with Omega IV FH. Despite being much more comfortable and having buttersoft touch with the Acoustic setup, i feel i can impact much more spin with Violin and speed.

Reactions: aznalanx32
says Aha, sorry. Trodde du var en annan Millesom spelar i...
I have been playing the P7 a couple of years too. Tried ALOT of rubbers, and the one that was most identical with the Adidas-rubber was imho Nittaku Fastarc G1. Maybe there is another one out there, but for me, i play the G1. Pretty identical. Maybe G1 is a tad faster, but if you have played P7 in max thickness, you could go for the 2.0 G1. The throw is medium/high for both rubbers. You can compare them here:
http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/adidas-p7.html http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/nittaku-fastarc-g-1.html

Good luck!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Cheers for that, I played with Barracuda on my BH for years but found Tenzone SF to be far spinnier & better on a soft block. Never liked it on my FH -too slow & not a spinny as Bluefire M3. (one I may yet go back to). The Xiom Omega V Asia Seems like one I should look at...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Fastarc G-1 play exactly the same but with a different feel.
I also agree with Omega IV Asia which im using more atm. I feels harder and more of a loop driver rubber than brush loop but in term of spin it is the same if not more on harder strokes. It has much more speed, bares t64 id say.
Also there is Rakza 7. But this one is love or hate case. It has a different feel and minors technique changes is required to get a good amount of spin. Id say is more of a BH rubber if that makes any sense.

I have an Acoustic with P7 and my main setup is a Violin with Omega IV FH. Despite being much more comfortable and having buttersoft touch with the Acoustic setup, i feel i can impact much more spin with Violin and speed.

The Omega Aisa seems a likely try. Used Fastarc G-1 once & didn't think it lived up the the spin claims. Good for a drive/smash but crap for a spinny slow loop.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Anyone could compare the Rasant Grip/Power Grip with P7?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also I would love to see that comparison. But if nobody else can do it I have a sheet of each on the way already as the "grip" version is the only thing that is similar in spin according to TTDB...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Rasant grip almost costs about tenergy. Why don't you get that instead? And you will not even need various rubbers.

Nope, Rasant Grip can be found for around £26-28 if you look hard enough.

P7 is hard to find these days now that Adidas (or Greenmaster) have withdrawn from TT.

RG is a good rubber but throws lower than P7 and is less lively in the lower gears. So you have to put more effort in to get good results IMO. It's a very middle-of-the-road example of last year's ESN rubbers, very similar to Bluefire JP02.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Rasant grip almost costs about tenergy. Why don't you get that instead? And you will not even need various rubbers.

Because Tenergy is overrated overpriced shit?!!? P7 PISSES ALL OVER TENERGY on spin, speed, block, control, price... Is there anything else? I have tried ALL the tenergy rubbers & found them ALL lacking against P7.

This user has no status.
Because Tenergy is overrated overpriced shit?!!? P7 PISSES ALL OVER TENERGY on spin, speed, block, control, price... Is there anything else? I have tried ALL the tenergy rubbers & found them ALL lacking against P7.
Well if P7 pisses on tenergy, then why don't the pros use p7 instead? Moreover, if you would see reviews, you would read -similar to t05.
I think you got a pissed batch of tenergy. Why don't you try again? It shouldn't piss that much, if you got technique correct. And if p7 would be better in all aspects by so much difference as you say, adidas would have got very big sales and the company wouldn't have shut.