Boosting rubbers

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
It's OK to tuna fish... we go very this shyt every 2 to 3 months... of course it is hypocritical for a factory to add something to a sponge and for it to be illegal for a player to do the same thing.

Everyone do what they feel is right.

I use MX-p well after tuner has run out... still plays fine enough for me. Tuning is too much trouble.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
At the last Der_Echte adventure in NYC, Der was hitting with PPH and having PPH try blades. PPH picked one of Der's rackets up and said the FH felt wrong. Turned out, the rubber wasn't glued on properly and there was an air pocket at the sweet spot. Funny Der was playing so well he didn't even notice until he replied the rubber and felt how much better it played with a good glue job. Hahahahaha.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Read 2 reviews
I don't know if you can call it boosting but I applied 4 layers of baby oil on the sponge of my H3 and 2 layers on the topsheet. The outcomes:

Right after "boosting."
-Topsheet is sticky as F. It can hold the ball for atleast a second or two and produces lots of spin.
-Sponge produces that sweet clicking sound and added some speed but not so much, maybe because of the sticky topsheet.

After 1 month.
-Topsheet returns to its original tackiness.
-Sponge still make that clicking sound but decreases a little on speed as compared to the freshly boosted. But still faster than the original.

I tried the same on my old Butterfly rubber but nothing happened. I guess it only works on traditional Chinese rubbers.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have a question about boosting. Not that I'm planning to do that in the near future, but just wondering something.

After the boosting effect has been expired, does the rubber get its original playing characteristics back or does it perform worse afterwards?

Well, the thing you need to understand is that you are also using the rubber and use causes wear to the topsheet. And when the boost has fully worn off, the sponge will not be as elastic because it is older, has been used and because it has dried oil in it. [emoji2]

But rebooting gives a renewed boost effect. And at a certain point you just can't boost anymore because at a certain point the rubber does get too old and worn.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Suga D and Jirrex