PDA

View Full Version : Xu Xin insane FH exchange!

Dan
11-13-2011, 10:59 AM
This is something you have probably never seen before. Stiga Table Tennis once again produce the goods with this fine footage of Xu Xin top spinning the ball on both sides of his raquet using just his forehand! Watch the video below :)

Not to sure if Liu Guoliang will be impressed if he see's this hehe

http://www.ittf.com/stories/pictures/xu_xin2_14_02_11_Large.jpg
Photo by: tabletennisphotos.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcscISPzk5Y&feature=feedu

Have you tried this? How much skill does this boy ha!

Michal_Z
11-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Oki, it is insane.. but for real.. what is it good for? :D

azlan
11-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Timo can play with both hands too, but this takes the cake. Coincidence that both are lefties. I can use my left hand but just hitting as BH. Defeat the purpose ain't it? I might as well just use my normal right FH hahaha

Mattis
11-13-2011, 11:08 AM
wow, looks really insane :D maybe he is getting another spin when he is hitting the ball with this technique or with the other rubber

sunilcse04
11-13-2011, 11:19 AM
well.. penhold players have the liberty to do more with their grip! One of my friend keeps on rotating his bat between his fingers.

PlasmaLight
11-13-2011, 11:27 AM
its cool to watch, but its not very hard to do ;) some practise like everywhere and you can do it too.

Dan
11-13-2011, 11:42 AM
its cool to watch, but its not very hard to do ;) some practise like everywhere and you can do it too.

True I was thinking that Plasma, a little bit of practice and you will master this.. Just cool to see a pro like Xu Xin do this. He is just showing the fun side to his character :)

Awesome avatar by the way!!

PlasmaLight
11-13-2011, 11:52 AM
True I was thinking that Plasma, a little bit of practice and you will master this.. Just cool to see a pro like Xu Xin do this. He is just showing the fun side to his character :)

Awesome avatar by the way!!

yeah i do this shot sometimes for fun when i train. not the same speed of course, but it works and confuses the oppenent :D i really like xu xin and i hope, he will enter the top 5 soon. so funny this guy and slow when he talks. i often think, that he maybe smoked something :D

Bryce
11-13-2011, 12:04 PM
That's wicked.

Steven
11-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Haha I watched the video before reading what you wrote above it, and I didn't even notice.

Dan
11-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Haha I watched the video before reading what you wrote above it, and I didn't even notice.

Hehe first time I watched the video, I didn't understand the fuss until I saw the slow mo hehe :)

Abakus
11-13-2011, 12:59 PM
When I saw the video I knew there was sth strange, but I didn't know what until I've seen the slow-motion.

Gonna try this later, haha :)

Mr. RicharD
11-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Yeah I was the same way Abakus. I was wondering why I could see his calibra red clearly some times, but not each time and I thought he was just rotating his wrist more at the end or something, but to see him easternize it is cool. There's a grip like this in badminton and I believe in Tennis as well. It is the equivalent of Federer's forehand when he was #1 people weren't really good at it like him. If XX tried this in a match however he'd probably injure himself. It's probably only good to counter with not necessarily loop from mid distance with.

Rhydian
11-13-2011, 08:44 PM
I like that ^^
very nice ;D
it's like sometimes I can play topspin on my forehand doing a forehand topspin move but play with the backhand-side instead ^^

poltery
11-13-2011, 10:39 PM
i do this when i have fun playing with my extra rubber-LP bat. I do this when i have insufficient time twiddling my bat

blahness
11-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Xu Xin is hands down the coolest player on earth. He's a magician like Waldner was.... First the Michael Jackson style dance when "falling down" during his match against Jang Song Man, then this?! He's one of the most entertaining players to watch, just blasting FH's to unbelievable angles and doing goofy trickshots when receiving service.

YosuaYosan
11-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Tried this a month ago with a shakehand grip on the backhand, doesn't seem to work lol
But I think I will try again :P

Extremely cool vid tho :D

azlan
11-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Tennis player Sergei Bruguera of Spain hits his FH and BH on the same side. He has most extreme western grip I had ever seen.

Abakus
11-14-2011, 03:24 PM
I find FH topspin with the BH side is not that diffcult, but it's not very effective in my opinion.
I also tried to do a BH topspin with the FH side, but it didn't really work^^
Nevertheless I have already played against someone who really used the FH side to make a BH topspin

darkky_65
12-23-2011, 03:02 AM
you can use this when you have different FH and BH
example your BH rubber is much more spiny then it will have more top spin on it and have a different effect but you have to be skilled so the the speed of the ball will be the same :)

judah000
12-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Extremely awesome!!!!!!

UpSideDownCarl
12-23-2011, 01:09 PM
It is very cool and totally insane but it is not that different than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfDVXPrLVkg&feature=channel_video_title

And I know someone who does that shakehand with his forehand although, his forehand is nowhere near as good. :) I also know someone who, every once in a while, hits backhands with the forehand side with a shakehand grip. It does not seem to me to give any real kind of advantage though. Where the Reverse Penhold Backhand gives a penhold player a very strong backhand loop while without it, the main thing they have is a block even though I have seen people loop with a traditional penhold backhand it is very hard to do and hard to do several times in a row.

MundoTT
06-19-2012, 01:44 AM
jajaj woow realy insane :P

Bishop Rasta 27
06-20-2012, 01:16 AM
whatta skill...a very flexible wrist xu xin has...is he the only one who can do this?...

This is something you have probably never seen before. Stiga Table Tennis once again produce the goods with this fine footage of Xu Xin top spinning the ball on both sides of his raquet using just his forehand! Watch the video below :)

Not to sure if Liu Guoliang will be impressed if he see's this hehe

http://www.ittf.com/stories/pictures/xu_xin2_14_02_11_Large.jpg
Photo by: tabletennisphotos.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcscISPzk5Y&feature=feedu

Have you tried this? How much skill does this boy ha!

nabilatouni
06-20-2012, 02:29 AM
That's really awesome! I'm just fascinated cause I know I can't do that!

Giangt
06-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Wow I didn't notice it at all! He really is the crown prince of penholders!

PlasmaLight
06-20-2012, 03:28 PM
I tried with penhold style, but its very hard :D but i can do a good topspin with shakehand style :D very easy