Tell me if my combination of racket equipment is good

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I am an offensive player
I chose to change my racket
I am considering stiga infinity vps v
With FH: Tibhar MXP BH: yasaka rakza 7
Could anyone tell me if this a great combo and should i get it ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Hard to give you recommendations without knowing how you play....

Objectively, those are great rubbers (based on reviews and I personally use both of them) and a nice blade (I have not used it, but have heard good things), so many players with the requisite skills and technique would do very well with that combination.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
How is your control and what is your previous set up?
My control is fairly good but still work is needed since i am not a pro
Secondly I predominantly play topspin and smashes and am usually close to the table.
My previous or the current set up is
Blade: Yasaka Ma Lin Soft Carbon
Rubbers:
FH: Yasaka rakza 7
BH: Donic Acuda P1
What i feel is that the racket doesn’t provide sufficient speed and shots are often very forgiving primarily because of the blade imo.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
My control is fairly good but still work is needed since i am not a pro
Secondly I predominantly play topspin and smashes and am usually close to the table.
My previous or the current set up is
Blade: Yasaka Ma Lin Soft Carbon
Rubbers:
FH: Yasaka rakza 7
BH: Donic Acuda P1
What i feel is that the racket doesn’t provide sufficient speed and shots are often very forgiving primarily because of the blade imo.

What do think your level of play is?
How long have you been playing?
Have you had coaching?
Against heavy backspin, like a chop, would you loop (topspin)?

Truthfully, seeing footage of how you play would help more than the answers to those kinds of questions. But without seeing you play, recommending a setup for you would be sort of a bad idea. That setup you described might be good for someone. But we have no idea if it would be good for you.

Also, is there a reason you are choosing such a different rubber for BH than FH? Is your BH different (in terms of skill or power) than your FH? Quite often people use different rubbers for FH and BH without knowing an actual reason why. If you don't know how your FH and BH are different and you are arbitrarily picking one rubber for FH and a different rubber for BH, there is a very small likelyhood that the difference in rubbers would be useful for you.

If a player is developing, usually they should use the same rubber on FH and BH or a very similar but softer rubber on BH.

But we cannot tell this either without seeing you play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
What do think your level of play is?
How long have you been playing?
Have you had coaching?
Against heavy backspin, like a chop, would you loop (topspin)?

Truthfully, seeing footage of how you play would help more than the answers to those kinds of questions. But without seeing you play, recommending a setup for you would be sort of a bad idea. That setup you described might be good for someone. But we have no idea if it would be good for you.

Also, is there a reason you are choosing such a different rubber for BH than FH? Is your BH different (in terms of skill or power) than your FH? Quite often people use different rubbers for FH and BH without knowing an actual reason why. If you don't know how your FH and BH are different and you are arbitrarily picking one rubber for FH and a different rubber for BH, there is a very small likelyhood that the difference in rubbers would be useful for you.

If a player is developing, usually they should use the same rubber on FH and BH or a very similar but softer rubber on BH.

But we cannot tell this either without seeing you play.

Hey!
My level of play is more like 1800 USA
I have been playing with my current racket for nearly a year
Yes I have a coach (he asked me to put a post on this forum b4 making any move) and I would usually practice topspin drives and returning heavy underspins( in which I would usually attack on the third ball)
I am deciding to change the setup mainly because of less power from the racket. I tested other blades that were faster like a blade similar Yasaka Ma lin max carbon and the difference was very apparent compared to the power with my blade but the same rubbers.
For that reason I wanted a blade which is faster and I tested my frnds MXP rubber for forehand and backhand I liked it for both but at the same time the rakza 7 which I used is pretty awesome for BH flicks.
So before buying my new equipment I want a good advice on the decision I am about to implement on. :)

Last edited: