says Master blocker
says Master blocker
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
Οκ κατάλαβα, σε ευχαριστώ φίλε μου, θα δοκιμάσω τα αυτοκόλλητα μπας και με βολέψουν και μένα, όσο αφορά για το βερνίκι, μάλλον δε θα τη πειράξω, τόσα χρόνια δεν έχω βερνικώσει τίποτα και δεν είχα θέμα
Όλες οι μάρκες βγάζουν τέτοια αυτοκόλλητα, αλλά τα καλύτερα που έχω δοκιμάσει είναι τα Tibhar Duo. Αν είσαι απο Αθήνα, λογικά ο Πετρόχειλος θα φέρνει της Butterfly.

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Όλες οι μάρκες βγάζουν τέτοια αυτοκόλλητα, αλλά τα καλύτερα που έχω δοκιμάσει είναι τα Tibhar Duo. Αν είσαι απο Αθήνα, λογικά ο Πετρόχειλος θα φέρνει της Butterfly.
Οκ, θα δω μπας και μπορώ να παραγγείλω από πουθενά τα tibhar, δε θέλω να παίξω κορόνα γράμματα.

Ευχαριστώ για τις συμβουλές!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Το πόσο θα το "φας" με το γυαλόχαρτο, είναι καθαρά θέμα προσωπικό: Ανάλογα με το πως κρατάς την ρακέτα, τρίψε το όσο να μην σε ενοχλεί. Ωστόσο πρόσεξε το εξής: Επειδή στο συγκεκριμένο σημείο είναι ευάλωτο σε ιδρώτα και υγρασία., θα σου πρότεινα να βάλεις λίγο βερνίκι ξύλου προκειμένου να το προστατέψει. Προσωπικά, βάζω βερνίκι στις γωνίες του ξύλου κάτω απο τα λάστιχα και γύρω γύρω στο κεφάλι.

Google translate translates this as:

"How much you "eat" it with the sandpaper is purely a personal matter: Depending on how you hold the racket, sand it as much as it doesn't bother you. However, note the following: Since this particular spot is vulnerable to sweat and moisture, I would suggest you apply some wood varnish to protect it. Personally, I put varnish on the corners of the wood under the rubbers and around the head."

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Σκεφτόμουν να βάλω βερνίκι, αλλά ένας φίλος που έχει βάλει δε με βόλευε καθόλου, ιδρώνουν φουλ τα χέρια μου και γλιστράει η ρακέτα, δε ξέρω αν παίζει ρόλο στο penhold όμως

Google Translate translates this as:

"I was thinking of applying varnish, but a friend who has applied it didn't help me at all, my hands sweat a lot and the racket slides, I don't know if it plays a role in penhold though"

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Δεν εννοώ να βερνικώσεις την λαβή, αλλά την επιφάνεια μεταξύ λάστιχου και λαβής

Translation: "I don't mean varnishing the handle, but the surface between the rubber and the handle"

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Θα ήθελα να το βερνικωσω όλο, ξέρεις κάνα υλικό που να είναι σαν το εργοστασικο nct της stiga? Αυτό που δένει την επιφάνεια αλλά είναι αδύνατο να το καταλάβεις

Translation: "I would like to varnish it all, do you know of any material that is like the stiga factory nct? That which binds the surface but is impossible to understand"

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Δεν θα σου πρότεινα να βάλεις βερνίκι στο κεφάλι της ρακέτας. Πρώτον θα χάσεις σε feeling, επαφή και το ξύλο θα παίζει εντελώς διαφορετικά. Δεύτερον μετά υπάρχει πιθανότητα να μην κολλάνε τα λάστιχα, γιατί η κόλλα δεν πιάνει καλά στο βερνίκι. Το έχω πάθει και στο λέω εκ πείρας.
Αν όμως θέλεις απαραίτητα να βάλεις βερνίκι, αντί για κόλλα μπορείς να χρησιμοποιήσεις αυτοκόλλητα διπλής όψης, που κολλάνε τέλεια ακόμα και σε βερνίκι. Πρσοωπικά δεν χρησιμοποιώ κόλλα εδώ και χρόνια, μόνο αυτοκόλλητα. Εξαιρετικά είναι αυτά της tibhar που τα βρίσκεις στο tt11:

Translation: "I wouldn't suggest putting polish on the racket head. First, you will lose feeling, contact and the wood will play completely differently. Secondly, there is a possibility that the tires will not stick, because the glue does not stick well to the varnish. I've had it and I'm telling you from experience.
But if you absolutely want to apply varnish, instead of glue you can use double-sided stickers, which stick perfectly even to varnish. I personally haven't used glue for years, only stickers. The tibhar ones you find at tt11 are excellent:"

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Το πόσο θα το "φας" με το γυαλόχαρτο, είναι καθαρά θέμα προσωπικό: Ανάλογα με το πως κρατάς την ρακέτα, τρίψε το όσο να μην σε ενοχλεί. Ωστόσο πρόσεξε το εξής: Επειδή στο συγκεκριμένο σημείο είναι ευάλωτο σε ιδρώτα και υγρασία., θα σου πρότεινα να βάλεις λίγο βερνίκι ξύλου προκειμένου να το προστατέψει. Προσωπικά, βάζω βερνίκι στις γωνίες του ξύλου κάτω απο τα λάστιχα και γύρω γύρω στο κεφάλι.
Σκεφτόμουν να βάλω βερνίκι, αλλά ένας φίλος που έχει βάλει δε με βόλευε καθόλου, ιδρώνουν φουλ τα χέρια μου και γλιστράει η ρακέτα, δε ξέρω αν παίζει ρόλο στο penhold όμως

You both can clearly also write in English, and I am guessing you know how to use a translation tool if you don't.

If you are going to write in a language other than English, you should also translate it into English for the benefit of the whole forum.

Thank you.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
You both can clearly also write in English, and I am guessing you know how to use a translation tool if you don't.

If you are going to write in a language other than English, you should also translate it into English for the benefit of the whole forum.

Thank you.
Well, considering that half of these are ways off, I wouldn't say so. Greek doesn't have a direct translation and need to be translated based on context and experience. If someone is willing to do the translation then be my guest, thanks for the work!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, considering that half of these are ways off, I wouldn't say so. Greek doesn't have a direct translation and need to be translated based on context and experience. If someone is willing to do the translation then be my guest, thanks for the work!

Google translate is easy to use. If you want to message each other back and forth privately, you can use any language you want. But the reason those posts came to my attention is that someone was complaining that you guys were not writing in English.

I personally don't care. But if the information is on the public forum, then at least make it so people can understand what you conferring about.

I also would say to people not feeling they understand when a foreign language is being spoken, google translate is one way to understand what they are saying.

But if that information is stuff that is useful to more than just John S and Arkady, it would be considerate to provide a translation for the benefit of other forum members.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Google translate is easy to use. If you want to message each other back and forth privately, you can use any language you want. But the reason those posts came to my attention is that someone was complaining that you guys were not writing in English.

I personally don't care. But if the information is on the public forum, then at least make it so people can understand what you conferring about.

I also would say to people not feeling they understand when a foreign language is being spoken, google translate is one way to understand what they are saying.

But if that information is stuff that is useful to more than just John S and Arkady, it would be considerate to provide a translation for the benefit of other forum members.
Alright, will keep it in English then.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl