PDA

View Full Version : New Butterfly robot Amicus PRO

exit_2
01-18-2012, 10:35 PM
I just checked last Butterfly catalogue and found new robot Amicus Pro. It costs 1000 EUR and then it's cheaper than Amicus 3000 PLUS which costs 1900 EUR. Interesting thing is new robot has 3 motor heads! Amicus 3000 has 2 motor heads.

Do you know anything more about this new robot? Or someone tried it?

Mr. RicharD
01-20-2012, 04:25 PM
I don't know much about the robots, but mostly robots are only good for for beginners to intermediate players. Those players that are endorsed to use robots always tell me that they use it primarily for warming up by looping Underspin. The problem with a robot is that it cannot produce a life like ball every time. It feeds pure spin balls which are never the case and because the motors are stationary any variation of spin never has the full arc that a paddle will produce.

The best form of training with the robot is simply learning service and also footwork through the oscillating heads. I wouldn't recommend a robot for learning to become better because a coach will most likely multi ball you for that. The robot is simply the best substitute for a warm up or teaching players how to read certain spins in service.

aurelio
02-07-2012, 02:09 AM
Do you know anything more about this new robot? Or someone tried it? I own it. What do you want to know?

Matt Hetherington
02-07-2012, 08:06 AM
I know you can programme a sequence of up to 4 different shots to simulate exercises, i.e short push, long push, and two topspin shots one to each side etc. it's pretty advanced in terms of ball machines, I have used one briefly which a friend of mine purchased.

TheProPlayer
02-23-2012, 07:55 PM
I own it. What do you want to know?

What can you say about it? how does it compare with the amicus 3000 plus version? is it better? i am about to buy the 3000+ but now i see this in half price...

Thanks

aurelio
02-24-2012, 12:11 AM
What can you say about it? how does it compare with the amicus 3000 plus version? is it better? i am about to buy the 3000+ but now i see this in half price...

Amicus Pro has 3 motors, yes, I think it's the worldwide first robot that has this feature. Means: it can produce any imaginable spin without manually changing the head of the robot. But: the settings of the shots are not programmable, you can only program the positions of the balls, from left to right (total 6 positions). Heard saying, Butterfly will develop a more elaborated programming console later on. Beside this, the balls are not easy to configure, as you can and must change height, speed and spin alltogether.

This robot produces balls that fly in a quite realistic way, once you know how to use it. If you want to develop your skills, you will be satisified. Table tennis experts told me, robots should be used to automatize shots and not to simulate real players...what the 3000+ can better, because of different spins in one programm.

Amicus pro is small and lightweigthed, takes me less than 3 minutes to put it on the table - and it can be carried easily and stored on small space. That was finally the reason I bought the Pro and not the 3000+. I use it for several months now, regularely, never had a problem. Eats all balls, even when they are bit dirty.

One disadvantage is, once your friends know you have such a cool machine, they prefer to play with the robot and not with you anymore:-)

TheProPlayer
02-24-2012, 11:10 AM
Beside this, the balls are not easy to configure, as you can and must change height, speed and spin alltogether.

What do you mean by height, you need to manually change the height?

Other than this, i would probably get use to set my own balls every time i use it as i don't need the programmable feature right now + if butterfly will release a better programmable version of this they would probably offer an upgrade only to the panel like they did with the amicus 1000 to 3000.

Overall from what i've read i think this is probably the best option right now, far away from buying the amicus 3000+ in all specs, 6 programmable balls, automatic side spin and more.

How much did you pay for it? how much was the shipping and did you pay any tax?
And in overall, do you feel working with this robot improved your game, footwork and in overall are you satisfied with it?

I will wait for your answers, the most important for me is the question with the height change.

Thanks!

TheProPlayer
02-24-2012, 12:21 PM
And one more question, is the catch net preforming well?

aurelio
02-24-2012, 12:59 PM
And one more question, is the catch net preforming well?

Yes. The length of my playing is only limited by the fact, that lots of balls fall to the ground - and that's not the problem of the robot.

Beside this: The net is mounted and dismounted fast, heard saying, that's not the case with the 3000+ (not sure here).

aurelio
02-24-2012, 01:05 PM
What do you mean by height, you need to manually change the height?

You can set 5 parameters (forgot one): how fast the balls fly, how much top-/backspin, sidespin, "trajectory" (how high the balls fly > this I meant with "height"), and "Ball/min".

Difficult to set is the sidespin, because several motors are involved here. Deadballs/balls with absolutely no spin are not easy to configure, too. Butterfly tells, they built in some electronic intelligence to cope that. But hey, most other robots aren't able to produce daedballs at all.

How much did you pay for it? how much was the shipping and did you pay any tax? And in overall, do you feel working with this robot improved your game, footwork and in overall are you satisfied with it?
Bought it in Switzerland from gubler.ch, official Butterfly-partner, stepped in there. Was a special introduction price, now it's more expensive.

The robot improves my game, but, it's not the robot alone. I videotape my games and analyze them, and I look at vids of professionals to compare. A robot is maximally as good as your knowledge how to use it. You can also fix mistakes with it.

TheProPlayer
02-25-2012, 04:36 PM
aurelio Thanks for all the information!
I just found something really strange, you mentioned there's "trajectory" option/button which I can confirm I saw in the manual of the robot. But it doesn't appear in all the pictures of the panel i looked at, check out an example here: is that what you have in your control panel or do you have an extra button of "trajectory"?

http://www.spinmarketing.cz/_data/s_719/shop/big_butterfly-robot-amicus-pro_3.jpg

aurelio
02-26-2012, 10:37 PM
Strange, yes. Here it is, check the pic. Would ask the dealer. Maybe there are earlier models without this feature.1978

TheProPlayer
02-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Yea, I also found lot's of mistakes in the user manual. I also hope it's only in earlier models. I'll probably order it this week after the dealer here confirms he can make the order (they don't hold it in stock). I'll report back about my experience after I have this robot.
I really appreciate your help. thanks a lot.

TheProPlayer
03-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Hi again,
I bought the robot, and now I want to return it...
it looks very cool and eats all balls like you said but i kind of missed what you said about the programmable balls, haven't paid enough tension for that.
You can only set one ball (height,spin,speed,sidespin) and that's it! the only option of the 6 buttons above is to change the direction of that SAME ball 6 times for example that same ball can be to your left, right, middle etc, this is so unacceptable, butterfly really missed on that one, that could of been THE ROBOT if it was programmable.
Now aurelio, i'm probably going to return it because of that, if i only knew butterfly would offer an upgrade to the console for sure, i wouldn't mind keeping it until they do and of course if i knew how much it would cost~ .
Do you have information about it? i would probably take the newgy 2050 :( instead of that because adding extra 1400 euro is too much for me now.
Please let me know as soon as you this
thanks

TheProPlayer
03-04-2012, 09:41 PM
I've attached a photo of how cool it looked before i took it apart and return it to the original package to get my money back/get the newgy tomorrow

aurelio
03-05-2012, 10:42 PM
My two cents:

If you take table tennis seriously and if you want to progress, then what a robot should deliver is: balls, that behave like real balls in a real match.

That's the single most important feature. The newgy 2050 does not deliver that (tried the newgy, too, my dealer has this two models). Has only one head. If you turn the balls faster, there will be more spin in the balls. Long balls with few spins aren't possible. Dead balls aren't possible. That's for play around a bit (OK for me, but not what I intend), serious training is not possible.

Yes, the Amicus Pro cannot be programmed to deliver different spins within one programm. May be it will be able later, but: As you cannot see what spin it is (there's no hand of a human being you can observe), it's questionable for a table tennis robot to give different spins within one program anyway - my opinion. I would have to learn by heart the sequence of spins. Not somethin I like.

For an ambitious player, the purpose of a robot is to automatize and enhance specific techniques, that's where the Amicus Pro helps perfectly. The fact, that you can set up to 6 placement points within one program (and a randomising of these placements, so you never know where balls will land - combined with easy or adventurous topspins, backspins, sidespins and spinmixes - and up to 100 balls per minute): that's giving lots of variety. And fun. And heartbeats. I didn't miss the change of spins one minute.

If you want a real match where you face different spins and placements, get a real partner - that's what I have been told and that's what sounds reasonable to me.

Alan Williams
03-06-2012, 05:57 AM
My two cents:

If you take table tennis seriously and if you want to progress, then what a robot should deliver is: balls, that behave like real balls in a real match.

I appreciate your sharing the information about the machine. A three head robot should be much superior to a single-wheeled machine in making each shot consistently like the others. Some models have 'ball feed problems', especially when the oscillate to different table placements, and the result can be disappointing when you are trying to drill. More advanced models may have more features (and more cost) than a beginner can need, but even top players DO use them, both for the aerobic nature of some of the programs and to drill their strokes. It's not realistic to expect a robot to simulate a real practice partner, but then the robot never tires of multi-ball or sending loops into your backhand. :-)

TheProPlayer
03-06-2012, 08:58 AM
aurelio,
You are right, the night I wrote my last message I did a deep research about the newgy and all the rest and then I realized I might have something good in my hands. The next morning I decided to give it another chance so I reassembled it and played with it and I had so much fun I really enjoyed of being able to produce any type of ball I want. It really does simulate realistic balls and it's great for multi ball and footwork. Let me clarify, I practice 3 times a week for 9 years and one hour per week with coach (former Europe champion) for more than a year in a half so I have some experience and know how to practice.
I decided to keep the robot and i'm very happy about it.
Btw I contacted my dealer and told him to ask Butterfly if they will offer an upgrade in the future, he should reply me when they get back to him.
And I showed it to some of my friends and now I know what you're talking about :)
Thanks for the help man, all you said was very accurate.

aurelio
03-06-2012, 12:21 PM
A three head robot should be much superior to a single-wheeled machine in making each shot consistently like the others. The Amicus Pro is superior in being able to simulate real-life-balls. As there are three motors and "rolls" involved (which scuff by using the machine), absolute consistency is not given. But, are human beings consistent when playing table tennis? They aren't, so the not-100%-consistency can be looked upon as an advantage. Beside this, the people from TTMatic (german manufacturer of tt-robots I planned to buy earlier) told me, not even the balls are consistently produced, so real consistency of shots is technically impossible anyway.

Some models have 'ball feed problems', especially when the oscillate to different table placements, and the result can be disappointing when you are trying to drill. Never faced feed problems with the Amicus Pro...

aurelio
03-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Btw I contacted my dealer and told him to ask Butterfly if they will offer an upgrade in the future, he should reply me when they get back to him. I talked to the german Butterfly-crew lately (had a question about how to oil the head of the Amicus Pro, something that must be done halfyearly), they told me that maybe a new console will follow end of 2012. Basically, the actual console for the Amicus Pro is just a refined model of the the Amicus 1000' console:

http://www.megaspin.net/store/images/products/b-amicus-1000-p/Control Panel Mounted.png

TheProPlayer
03-06-2012, 09:18 PM
I talked to the german Butterfly-crew lately (had a question about how to oil the head of the Amicus Pro, something that must be done halfyearly), they told me that maybe a new console will follow end of 2012. Basically, the actual console for the Amicus Pro is just a refined model of the the Amicus 1000' console:

http://www.megaspin.net/store/images/products/b-amicus-1000-p/Control Panel Mounted.png

1. What did they say about how to oil the head, I'm interested to know too.
2. Will we be able to just buy the control panel of the new console and replace it with the current one? I heard that it is possible to turn amicus 1000 to amicus 3000+ just by replacing the control panel.

aurelio
03-06-2012, 09:27 PM
1. What did they say about how to oil the head, I'm interested to know Well it just was a bad translation from the original english manual (http://www.tt-shop.ro/Download/AMICUSpro%20Englisch.pdf) into cryptic german. In the english manual it's explained well and in detail. Means: I haven't done it yet myself and do not yet exactly know how to do it.

Will we be able to just buy the control panel of the new console and replace it with the current one? I heard that it is possible to turn amicus 1000 to amicus 3000+ just by replacing the control panel. It's just a rumour that there will be a new panel - I cannot add more infos than this one. Ask Lukáč Csaba, (http://www.birokft.hu/de/firmenvorstellung-33) if you want to learn more, he's the creator of the Amicus Pro. You'd better polish up your hungarian before:-)

TheProPlayer
03-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Here is the answer my dealer received from Butterfly:

"there might possibly come a new version of robot in 2013, with the functions which your
customer is looking for. I do not yet know 100%ly how much these are compatible with each
other, but I am sure they will be in some way."

aurelio
03-07-2012, 07:10 PM
there might possibly come a new version of robot in 2013, with the functions which your customer is looking for."

Thanks. New version of the whole robot? That's new for me. We'll see...

And, let's hope the Amicus Pro will work with the forthcoming new balls (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?943-TT-Ball-change-after-2012-Olympics!&p=25790&viewfull=1#post25790), too.

TheProPlayer
03-07-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm not sure they know what they're talking about... what you said make more sense.
And I hope so too, The new balls are the same size so I hope it will work smoothly.

TyuTyu
03-16-2012, 06:02 AM
Hi,

Yes there will be a new robot :-)
The new robot will be compatible with Amicus Pro base, so you can change only the box.
I hope it will be ready before "marketing people" close the next catalog.

I'm working on it hardly.... ;-)

BTW: Mr Lukacs from Biro Kft is not the same person who is plan mechanic of Amicus..
(some post before)

TyuTyu

Ps: Sorry if my English is poor..

TheProPlayer
03-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Hi,

Yes there will be a new robot :-)
The new robot will be compatible with Amicus Pro base, so you can change only the box.
I hope it will be ready before "marketing people" close the next catalog.

BTW: Mr Lukacs from Biro Kft is not the same person who is plan mechanic of Amicus..
(some post before)

TyuTyu

Ps: Sorry if my English is poor..

Hi,
Thanks for the info! will you offer to the amicus pro owners an upgrade for the new box for small fee? if not how much should the box cost?

TyuTyu
03-16-2012, 08:24 AM
Hi,
Thanks for the info! will you offer to the amicus pro owners an upgrade for the new box for small fee? if not how much should the box cost?

It depend on decision. (marketing guys from Butterfly).
I'm sure we can find a solution if you want to change only the box ;-) ....
That was the one of the main goal, to make a new family (same base, and user can change the box.)

TyuTyu

TheProPlayer
03-16-2012, 09:52 AM
Great news!
When do you think it will be available?

TyuTyu
03-16-2012, 04:44 PM
It is in the develop phase. I can't say exact time. (summer, but when ?[jul, aug])

exit_2
03-17-2012, 02:08 AM
TyuTyu: Can you give us some more info about new console? It will be possible program more balls like Amicus 3000+ ? Because Amicus Pro is nice robot but without possibility train some sequences. But its better than Amicus 3000+ because it has 3 motors. Balls are more real because almost every player send with topspin some side spin.

And if you have any more information to share with us please share :) THANKS! :)

TyuTyu
03-17-2012, 04:45 AM
TyuTyu: Can you give us some more info about new console? It will be possible program more balls like Amicus 3000+ ? Because Amicus Pro is nice robot but without possibility train some sequences. But its better than Amicus 3000+ because it has 3 motors. Balls are more real because almost every player send with topspin some side spin.

And if you have any more information to share with us please share :) THANKS! :)

Some info: We have made first Amicus pro. The "market reaction" was good for strange looking head with 3 motors. :-)
So we are making a new robot with 3 motors, and programmable sequences, but there will be more "position" than existing robots. (in A3000+ 4pos, A1000+ 6pos, A Pro 6pos).
We have to redesign the user interface (because a lot of possibility). I hope prototype of user interface will be ready during the next 2-3 weeks...

aurelio
03-17-2012, 12:26 PM

Köszönöm a hirt.
Nagyszerü gépet alkotott. Igy tovàbb!

TheProPlayer
03-17-2012, 05:21 PM
Thanks! Please keep us posted.

TyuTyu
03-18-2012, 07:46 PM
WOW ! Magyarul :-)

aurelio
04-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Hi TyuTyu - problem, when balls with different spins in one sequence: One cannot see what spin they have, there's no "human hand" showing it.

Possible solution, comes from one of my TT-buddys: Add a signalpanel, that indicates the spin. See picture below (click to make it bigger).

TheProPlayer
04-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Hi TyuTyu - problem, when balls with different spins in one sequence: One cannot see what spin they have, there's no "human hand" showing it.

Possible solution, comes from one of my TT-buddys: Add a signalpanel, that indicates the spin. See picture below (click to make it bigger).

Great suggestion, it would be very helpful!

TyuTyu
04-06-2012, 05:07 AM
Hi,

The current hardware (for new robot) doesn't support this. But idea is great, and I'll think about a "little add-on".
You think this signals are placed on control board or on the robot itself ?

TyuTyu

aurelio
04-06-2012, 11:44 AM
As, in real matches, you watch the hand of your opponent to check what spin they make and as tabletennisrobots should come as close to real opponents as possible, I guess, it would be best, when the signals are near the slot where the balls are thrown out = on the robot itself.

TheProPlayer
05-09-2012, 10:12 PM
This is me doing some training today

http://youtu.be/BxfkglRlxLM

aurelio
06-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Well, look at this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2veu_oZRpmc&feature=g-all-s

TheProPlayer
06-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Like :)

infoleather
07-30-2012, 07:11 AM
I only played the length limited by the fact a lot of balls fall to the ground - this is not a robot.

TheProPlayer
07-30-2012, 04:42 PM
I only played the length limited by the fact a lot of balls fall to the ground - this is not a robot.

What are you talking about?

TyuTyu
08-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Hi guys,

End of this week the distributors can see (there will be a meeting) the new robot beta version...
Features:
-like a pro, but 6 individual balls (place, spin, side spin, trajectory, speed)
-rnd
-you can change only the controlbox (same base with pro)

TyuTyu

TheProPlayer
08-16-2012, 06:36 PM
looks great! so as an amicus pro user, will i be able to upgrade to this new console? how much will it cost me and will Butterfly take my old console back (because i will no longer need it)

Thanks TyuTyu

TyuTyu
08-18-2012, 06:47 AM
Yes. You can upgrade (change only the controlbox.)
Cost: I don't know (this is marketing issue...).
I think we will solve your upgrade... :-)

TheProPlayer
08-21-2012, 09:07 PM
=I think we will solve your upgrade... :-)

I hope so! You can always pm me and tell me what you mean :)

Regarding the console, from what i see you can't store drills in memory like in the amicus 3000+ right?

sladedals
09-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Yes. You can upgrade (change only the controlbox.)
Cost: I don't know (this is marketing issue...).
I think we will solve your upgrade... :-)

hi TyuTyu,
ist there any news for amicus pro?
thanks in advance

TyuTyu
09-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Yes :-)

I think you mean Amicus Bat (work name). The Amicus Pro remain as it, it won't change.

During the last month I made some new feature. (You will like it!)
The box (little) changed because of this features.
The box is about 97% ready. (we have to "fine tuning" spin table.)

TyuTyu

TyuTyu
09-19-2012, 04:42 PM
FYI: Amicus Bat is almost ready.

What is not yet fixed:
-price (ask sales guys :-)
-final name (95% Amicus Bat, but until marketing guys not say OK...)

What is fix:
Features:
-two rnd (type, "place")
-6 individual ball (place, speed, spin, side spin, trajectory[elevation])
-AFC (auto freq. control)
-10+ memory
-same base with Amicus Pro (upgrade !)
-easy programming

I hope you can enjoy this robot ...

TyuTyu

vojkor
09-20-2012, 10:11 AM
FYI: Amicus Bat is almost ready.

What is not yet fixed:
-price (ask sales guys :-)
-final name (95% Amicus Bat, but until marketing guys not say OK...)

What is fix:
Features:
-two rnd (type, "place")
-6 individual ball (place, speed, spin, side spin, trajectory[elevation])
-AFC (auto freq. control)
-10+ memory
-same base with Amicus Pro (upgrade !)
-easy programming

I hope you can enjoy this robot ...

TyuTyu

Hi!

We all will enjoy this robot very much.
Previous base was a little disappointment (all balls was of the same spin).
But with this AMICUS BAT we'll get this and much more.
Thanks!!!!

Any rumor about price and date of sale?

LiLong
10-03-2012, 03:47 PM
I hope before Christmas, what a nice present this would make! I emailed butterfly belgium about the release date. They were unwilling or unable to answer that request.

vojkor
10-04-2012, 08:26 AM
So I emailed to slovenian butterfly dealer and they answered: " any news about Amicus Pro robot will be available in 2013 (summer) because of phase of development".

I hope they are very VERY wrong :-)

TyuTyu
10-19-2012, 05:44 PM
I hope they are very VERY wrong :-)
First sample series is on my desk :-)
Main dealers will get sample soon.

BTW: Linked photo (#45) is not true, because memory need some buttons.

TyuTyu

vojkor
10-22-2012, 12:01 PM
I knew, they were wrong :-)
Can we get picture?

TyuTyu
10-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Yes.

TyuTyu

LiLong
10-24-2012, 10:41 PM
Is it possible to participate in a beta program:)

ttLuke
12-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Hello everyone!
I'm thinking about buying a table tennis robot for training at home (maybe the butterfly amicus pro). Are there new information about the new Amicus Bat (price, release date)?

ttLuke
12-26-2012, 06:29 PM
This is me doing some training today
TheProPlayer and aurelio: Are you still happy with your amicus pro?
Do all the balls played to the forehand have sidespin like in the video?
Is it possible to change the direction of the head of the amicus, so that you don't have the sidespin?

TheProPlayer
12-27-2012, 08:01 AM
TheProPlayer and aurelio: Are you still happy with your amicus pro?
Do all the balls played to the forehand have sidespin like in the video?
Is it possible to change the direction of the head of the amicus, so that you don't have the sidespin?

Hi,
Yes. I'm happy with it.
I practice with it a lot less than in the beginning but I wouldn't trade it...
Regarding the sidespin balls, of course you can change them. you can define the robot to throw any ball you can think of.
If I were you I would wait for the new "Amicus Bat" robot (with programming panel) to arrive.

XIII
12-27-2012, 08:10 AM
I talked to the german Butterfly-crew lately (had a question about how to oil the head of the Amicus Pro, something that must be done halfyearly), they told me that maybe a new console will follow end of 2012. Basically, the actual console for the Amicus Pro is just a refined model of the the Amicus 1000' console:

What do the top nobs do?

TheProPlayer
12-27-2012, 08:18 AM
What do the top nobs do?
They control on the position of ball. If the top left nob is tuned on to the left the ball will go to your left side of the table.

XIII
12-27-2012, 10:38 PM
They control on the position of ball. If the top left nob is tuned on to the left the ball will go to your left side of the table.
Why is there 6 nobs on top then? Do they all control where the ball goes?

ttLuke
12-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Why is there 6 nobs on top then? Do they all control where the ball goes?
The first nob is to control the position of the first ball, the second nob is to control the position of the second ball, the third ...

XIII
12-28-2012, 12:09 AM
The first nob is to control the position of the first ball, the second nob is to control the position of the second ball, the third ...
What's the point of 6 nobs then? =_____=

ttLuke
01-04-2013, 10:31 AM
If I were you I would wait for the new "Amicus Bat" robot (with programming panel) to arrive.
I wrote an email to Butterfly Germany and today I received this answer:

"The launch date of the new robot is not fixed yet, but it will not be in the first half of 2013. Probably not before September."

:( Now I don't know if I should buy the Amicus pro or wait for the Amicus bat. You can get the Amicus pro for 799,99 € at Butterfly Germany this month.

TheProPlayer
01-05-2013, 09:35 PM
I wrote an email to Butterfly Germany and today I received this answer:

"The launch date of the new robot is not fixed yet, but it will not be in the first half of 2013. Probably not before September."

:( Now I don't know if I should buy the Amicus pro or wait for the Amicus bat. You can get the Amicus pro for 799,99 € at Butterfly Germany this month.

Hi,
So buy it and wait for the upgrade (this is what I did), 800€ is a good price for this robot.

TyuTyu
01-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Yes. "BAT" won't be released first half of 2013. :-(
Marketing issue.

"BAT" because -as I wrote- name not yet fixed.

TyuTyu

TyuTyu
02-26-2013, 04:30 PM
Hi,

FYI some news:
The second hw production batch is ready ;-). So we have many "Bat" again :-)
The sw fine tuned :-) (~1% changes compare to sw state in nov.)
The name won't be Bat, it's sure now.
Release Q3(?) of 2013.

I'm "free to start" begin the next robot :-)

TyuTyu

TheProPlayer
02-27-2013, 07:27 AM
Hi guys,

End of this week the distributors can see (there will be a meeting) the new robot beta version...
Features:
-like a pro, but 6 individual balls (place, spin, side spin, trajectory, speed)
-rnd
-you can change only the controlbox (same base with pro)

TyuTyu

Hi TyuTyu,
Is this picture of the control box is the final version you mentioned? how much butterfly would sell it?

TyuTyu
02-27-2013, 03:38 PM
No. See post 57 in this thread.

TyuTyu

ttLuke
02-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Thank you for the new information!

Here some information from me:
I have the Amicus Pro for three weeks now and I'm very happy with it. :D
It makes a lot of fun to do training with it. I also use it for the youth training in our table tennis club and all players liked the training with the Amicus very much.

ilegales
05-24-2013, 07:53 PM
useful post here

any updates TyuTyu on pricing or when will it become available
thanks

PingBoomer
05-27-2013, 08:52 PM
I am in the market for a training robot and did a lot of review of existing robots.
This new Amicus (Bat) seems most appealing in terms of price (hope it is not far off from Amicus pro) and functions.
Status update will be greatly appreciated.

chrisbuer
06-04-2013, 10:19 AM
I'm following this thread with interest as I'm about to buy a robot. I think I'll wait for the new Amicus "Bat" to come out though as it must be close to it's release now.

One question I do have though is, what happens when the new Poly balls come out next year. Will Butterfly offer any sort of modification to the robot so that the new balls can be used? Or will we all have to buy new robots?

TyuTyu
06-13-2013, 02:21 PM
I can't say the price. I think marketing guy release it soon. I know I said it earlier too, but the robot is ready (always little enhancement...) from last November.

chrisbuer
06-20-2013, 12:38 PM
Thanks.

Well I guess we'll just have to wait and see what arrives. I'm going to hold out until the new robot comes out before I buy anything.

chrisbuer
07-08-2013, 01:02 PM
I was just wondering if anyone on here had heard any more about the new robot? I tried calling the main Butterfly supplier here in the UK and they weren't even aware that a new robot was coming out (and they appear to be pretty well informed).

I've already ordered my table from them, but obviously my goal is to get a robot to use on it. I just don't want to order the old model if a new one is about to come out. Therefore if anyone has heard anything further, I'd love to know.

chrisbuer
09-04-2013, 03:56 PM
I just thought I'd bump this thread to say that after emailing Butterfly directly, they responded and told me the following below:

"The new Amicus robot will be on the market probably from early September. We will send full information to our representatives as soon as these are completed which will be around mid August. They should then introduce this machine on their website right away. Therefore please keep a bit further patience and check out with your Butterfly dealer in about a month."

I'm not sure if anyone has heard anything further, but there has been no news here in the UK. If anyone know anything, I'd be grateful to hear :)

ttLuke
09-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Here are some news about 3 new Amicus robots (Amicus Basic, Amicus Advance and Amicus Professional):
http://www.butterfly.tt/info/products/technology/robots/amicus/information

Amicus Basic seems to be an Amicus Pro with 100 Balls/min instead of 80 Balls/min.

chrisbuer
09-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Many thanks :)

Hopefully they'll release some prices soon :)

ttLuke
09-10-2013, 03:00 PM
The german prices are:

Basic: 899 €
Advance: 1199 €
Professional: 1499 €

The price of the Amicus Pro is 799 € at the moment.

http://de.butterfly.tt/ausrustung/roboter.html?limit=all

chrisbuer
09-10-2013, 03:59 PM
The german prices are:

Basic: 899 €
Advance: 1199 €
Professional: 1499 €

The price of the Amicus Pro is 799 € at the moment.

http://de.butterfly.tt/ausrustung/roboter.html?limit=all

Thank you :)

Good prices and I think the Advance will be the one for me :)

abhay
09-13-2013, 04:44 AM
Guys where can one order this online? (in USA)

abhay
09-23-2013, 12:04 PM
Anyone bought the new Amicus ?

TheProPlayer
09-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Anyone bought the new Amicus ?

Yea... i have it for a while now.

abhay
09-24-2013, 04:23 AM
Yea... i have it for a while now.

Care to share your impression on this please ? I am thinking of buying it. How well does it simulate real life-like match scenarios? How's the material quality as in Robot head and control panel. I will probably have to do an overseas shipping to get this !

TheProPlayer
09-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Care to share your impression on this please ? I am thinking of buying it. How well does it simulate real life-like match scenarios? How's the material quality as in Robot head and control panel. I will probably have to do an overseas shipping to get this !

It takes some time to program the drills but after that you are good to go. It simulates real life match pretty well i guess. But the problem with me is that i find my self playing it less and less, i haven't touched it for the last 2 months.... I prefer to play at the club more often than practicing with it. I was so eager to get it and now i hardly ever touch it. I hope it won't happen to you also.
The material is pretty good. I might take some videos of it soon. let me know what you want to know/see and i'll try my best to help.

abhay
09-24-2013, 05:30 PM
It takes some time to program the drills but after that you are good to go. It simulates real life match pretty well i guess. But the problem with me is that i find my self playing it less and less, i haven't touched it for the last 2 months.... I prefer to play at the club more often than practicing with it. I was so eager to get it and now i hardly ever touch it. I hope it won't happen to you also.
The material is pretty good. I might take some videos of it soon. let me know what you want to know/see and i'll try my best to help.

Thanks for the info :) , but i think i haven't explained myself... i was referring to the new Amicus robots shown in this video http://www.butterfly.tt/info/products/technology/robots/amicus/the-new-amicus-table-tennis-robot-video . The one which can be programmed

Is it the same one you bought? Sorry for any confusion.

TheProPlayer
09-24-2013, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the info :) , but i think i haven't explained myself... i was referring to the new Amicus robots shown in this video http://www.butterfly.tt/info/products/technology/robots/amicus/the-new-amicus-table-tennis-robot-video . The one which can be programmed

Is it the same one you bought? Sorry for any confusion.

Yea, i have the advanced programmable console... i didn't know they have professional box too. never mind, it's pretty much the same.

abhay
09-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Yea, i have the advanced programmable console... i didn't know they have professional box too. never mind, it's pretty much the same.

1. Could you make a video showing the key features of the robot. ? ( AFC features, programmable features, saved exercises etc )
2. How easy is it to transport and setup ?
3. I will be asking a friend of mine from Germany to ship this using DHL / FEDEX.. , do you think the Robot head and control panel can be protected safely to ensure there is no damage during shipping.?
4. Have you outgrown the robot, in the sense have you tried out all of it's features and felt there's nothing much that the robot can offer?

I went through the previous pages in the thread , did you initially buy Amicus Pro and switched to advance control panel later ?

strangeloop
09-25-2013, 06:33 PM
1. Could you make a video showing the key features of the robot. ? ( AFC features, programmable features, saved exercises etc )
3. I will be asking a friend of mine from Germany to ship this using DHL / FEDEX.. , do you think the Robot head and control panel can be protected safely to ensure there is no damage during shipping.?
4. Have you outgrown the robot, in the sense have you tried out all of it's features and felt there's nothing much that the robot can offer?

I went through the previous pages in the thread , did you initially buy Amicus Pro and switched to advance control panel later ?

Are you really going to ship it via DHL? If so, you would have to pay import duty I think.

chrisbuer
09-27-2013, 03:16 PM
I'm still waiting for the new Amicus to be made available here in the UK, but a friend of mine recently leant me his robot so that I could test it out on my table at home. Just for clarity, my friend’s robot is not an Amicus but rather a cheaper Chinese make that I haven’t heard of before. This model has two heads (rather than the three the Amicus has) which regulate topspin and backspin and each wheel has speed settings from 0-9 (0 means the wheel is turned off and 9 is it’s running at its fastest).

After setting it up, I’ve found it difficult to get it to produce a ball that bounces as if it would from a human player. Or in other words, the bounce feels unrealistic. To give you an example, if I want a top-spin ball, I set the speed of the top wheel to say 3 and bottom wheel to 0, the ball just fires into the net. In order to get the ball to go over the net, I have to set the bottom wheel speed to 1. This means that the ball produced has less top-spin on it as the bottom wheel is counter-acting the speed of the top wheel and thus, a more floating ball is produced. Of course, I can turn up the speed of the top wheel to produce more top-spin, but this just makes the balls fire faster at me, rather than producing a slow top-spin shot.

After practicing with this Chinese robot for a weekend, I played a league match the following week and I really struggled to get the ball on the table. I can only put this down to the fact that the robot has been giving me float balls and when I warmed up against a real player, I was over-hitting the ball and my timing was completely out.

I know I’ve waffled a bit, but this does lead me to my question about the Amicus and that is “does the Amicus have a "natural" feel to the balls it produces?”. In other words, does it fire out balls that bounce as if they have been hit by a real person, or is this artificial feeling just part of using a robot?

abhay
09-27-2013, 04:40 PM
Are you really going to ship it via DHL? If so, you would have to pay import duty I think.

That's one of the options bro...

I'm still waiting for the new Amicus to be made available here in the UK, but a friend of mine recently leant me his robot so that I could test it out on my table at home. Just for clarity, my friend’s robot is not an Amicus but rather a cheaper Chinese make that I haven’t heard of before. This model has two heads (rather than the three the Amicus has) which regulate topspin and backspin and each wheel has speed settings from 0-9 (0 means the wheel is turned off and 9 is it’s running at its fastest).

After setting it up, I’ve found it difficult to get it to produce a ball that bounces as if it would from a human player. Or in other words, the bounce feels unrealistic. To give you an example, if I want a top-spin ball, I set the speed of the top wheel to say 3 and bottom wheel to 0, the ball just fires into the net. In order to get the ball to go over the net, I have to set the bottom wheel speed to 1. This means that the ball produced has less top-spin on it as the bottom wheel is counter-acting the speed of the top wheel and thus, a more floating ball is produced. Of course, I can turn up the speed of the top wheel to produce more top-spin, but this just makes the balls fire faster at me, rather than producing a slow top-spin shot.

After practicing with this Chinese robot for a weekend, I played a league match the following week and I really struggled to get the ball on the table. I can only put this down to the fact that the robot has been giving me float balls and when I warmed up against a real player, I was over-hitting the ball and my timing was completely out.

I know I’ve waffled a bit, but this does lead me to my question about the Amicus and that is “does the Amicus have a "natural" feel to the balls it produces?”. In other words, does it fire out balls that bounce as if they have been hit by a real person, or is this artificial feeling just part of using a robot?

Interesting! Thanks for sharing..... I haven't played with a robot so far, I am having same

chrisbuer
10-01-2013, 11:05 AM
I posted on another TT forum, but thought I’d come back here to respond as well.

I’ve been speaking with a few people that have used both the robot I am currently borrowing from a friend and some more expensive robots (Amicus 3000, etc).

The comments I’ve received suggest that the robot I am borrowing (which is a Super Master model) does not produce a realistic ball that you would get from a real opponent. This is because the ball produced is delivered with a low, flat arc and the topspin produced is too low in trajectory. In comparison to the older Amicus 3000, they commented that the ball delivery with this was much more natural, with the ball bouncing with a far more normal arc, speed and spin that could be easily setup to be very much like a real game.

Therefore I’m confident that I am not going to have the problems I mentioned above with the new Amicus robots now on the market. All I need to do now is wait for them to be made available in the UK :)

chrisbuer
11-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Just thought I'd update this thread. I enquired as to the price of the Amicus Advance in the UK and it's £1100.

I'm not sure of the prices for the Basic and the Professional, as I didn't ask, but at least this robot is available to order now. Once I get around to ordering mine, I'll let you know how it performs :)

AndySmith
11-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Where is that from Chris? TeesSport?

TheProPlayer
11-12-2013, 05:14 AM

Hi,

1. I will take photos of the robot today and post them here. Video will be hard to make as i'm not sure how to explain all the features....
2. I don't remove it very often but i think it will take something like 3-4 minutes after you get a little experience with it.
3. It's a big package, you will pay big tax fee i think. I guess it will be ok if he will pack it right.
4. It's pretty much limited to what drills you can think of. The robot is offering me a lot, the problem is that because i already practice 3-4 times a week in the club i don't really have time to practice with it.

And yes, I bought Amicus pro and then upgraded the console.

TheProPlayer
11-12-2013, 09:10 AM
As promised, I've uploaded photos of the Amicus Pro robot with Advanced or "Bat" console. The reason It has "Bat" on my console is because i bought it from the developer a while ago and the name was suppose to be "Bat" but until they released it they have changed the name to Advanced.

I've uploaded it to my friend website as it was easier for me to upload the photos to there: Amicus Bat (http://walllpaperbasecamp.com/amicus-pro-robot-with-advanced-console)

I also made a video that shows the robot abilities with the new console. It's here:

http://youtu.be/AnzUGLkYScA
I took the video in hd mode but somewhat youtube decreased it's quality.

It took me 2 hours to do all this (taking the photos, video, write small descriptions, uploading everything - the video is 545mb!) so please appreciate it.

If you have any questions or if something is unclear let me know and i'll try my best to help.

chrisbuer
11-15-2013, 08:32 AM
Where is that from Chris? TeesSport?

Yep I've ordered it from TeeSport :)

exit_2
11-15-2013, 10:06 AM
Is it possible upgrade just console? Because new one looks GREAT!!!! :)

chrisbuer
11-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Yes it is possible to upgrade just the console :)

SpinQuark
11-21-2013, 09:55 PM
This thread makes me wish the manufacturers would take a giant leap forward with their controllers. We live in a networked world now, think about the possibilities of a digital IT network capable robot controller:

Download pre-programmed drill sequences from the manufacturers website.
(e.g. Want to do Falkenberg drill - just download it, etc etc)
Use an i-Pad or i-phone or Android App to programme and control your robot via wifi.
Share your favourite drill sequences with your mates - just email the drill definition as a file.
Have your coach send you a new drill over the Internet.
Have your robot simulate a particular player - Timo Boll topspin, Ma Long's Serve etc.
Incorporate or attach a webcam to the robot head to video and share your strokes and performance.
Optional integration with some sort of pressure pad sensor to sense your footwork/movement.
Associate and play an instructional or motivational sound file with a drill sequence.
Participate in an Internet league table - how long can do this drill for before you drop.
Provide ball counting functionality - how many balls have you faced this week, month, year - how many topspin, backspin - how many falkenberg etc etc.

What do you think folks ? what do you think Butterfly ?

exit_2
11-21-2013, 11:58 PM
chrisbuer (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/member.php?10809-chrisbuer): And where is possible to buy it?

Adita
12-31-2013, 09:15 AM
Hi, I've read all the topics related to Amicus. I got the Robopong 2050 last year and I am very happy but it is true that the bounce is not real overall backspin. It is very useful for footwork. There are a lot the exercises salved.
Now I am thinking to buy Amicus but I have some questions. it is very important the portability because I have to set it every day I want to train. The other question is about to buy basic, advance or professional, according what I read you can buy the panel control basic and then to buy advance or professional, what about the price difference buying of this way?.
The panel control professional has 99 exercises salved this mean that come done or you have to record.
In addition I would like your experience with this robot and in relation others. It is very expensive and I don't like to be wrong.
What about the assembly, the weight and the measures.
Thank a lot for your help

chrisbuer
02-07-2014, 01:26 PM
chrisbuer (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/member.php?10809-chrisbuer): And where is possible to buy it?

In the UK?

Here - http://www.teessport.com/table-tennis-robots-c13/butterfly-amicus-advance-table-tennis-robot-p8944

VinceG
02-17-2014, 06:58 AM
I think you should save up and get the pro version. It's got so many more features

iPhone Tapatalk

chrisbuer
05-17-2014, 07:21 AM
I now have my Amicus Professional and will post a review very soon.

Boze Protuder
07-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Hi everyone,

I have just purchased the amicus advance. Would have got the professional but I did not want to wait 2 weeks ;)
Still going through testing/fun phase at the moment.
just to say that setup was a breeze and the whole unit is light enough that makes it manageable for most people.
I got Velcro tabs with peel off type tape that are meant to be stuck to the corners of the table so that the net on both corners of the table will be secured. I don't like the idea of taping anything to a surface of an expensive table for the fear of peel off of paint...etc. I did not use them as the catch net stays in place well enough on its own.
After turning on the power it makes a few clicking sounds momentarily that the instructions say is the machine self testing itself. But there is this slight and constant ringing when the machine is on and idle that I wonder if it is normal and wanted some feedback here from other users of this product whether that is normal? One does not here the ringing during play but only when idle. I am used to it as it is not annoyingly loud but more concerned is all. Can anybody verify the ringing with there machine?

Regards.

joberianus11
07-12-2014, 03:40 PM
kalokohan ang powtik

Rajah*
07-12-2014, 04:10 PM
kalokohan ang powtik
You are a ****ing low life making such comments..you should be ashame ****tard..

Kindly remove this asshole. Thanks

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

harveyaquino
07-13-2014, 04:26 AM
kalokohan ang powtik

Are you Filipino? I am viewing it from my mobile so I can't see nationality option. If so, you are a disgrace here in TTD and in our country. I've already reported this to the admins.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

mikekaff
07-13-2014, 10:19 AM
very good robot in a nice price!

Desto F3
07-13-2014, 10:55 AM
i own newgy 2050 which is a good value for money and good in drills

Boze Protuder
07-14-2014, 07:42 PM
Hi there,

I'll reply to my own post and say that the ringing sound of the robot when idle is normal and gets louder when the motors start spinning which is also normal. The sounds are quickly ignored because I am too busy focusing on the ball.
This is an old thread because reading what users are saying about what the amicus can and cannot do is a description of what I am pretty sure of are past generations of this robot! I purchased an amicus advance last week and it can place a ball in one direction with any type of spin/speed then serve the next in another direction with a different type of spin/speed and so on up to 6 balls total per drill. The AFC(auto frequency control) will simulate lifelike rallies by delaying a ball thrown if the previous ball was placed short for example.
What I find most useful with using a robot is just doing a simple drill and getting used to placing the ball where I want it to go on a regular basis. This gives me a feeling of better ball control and if I wanted to vary the type of balls thrown and not know where the next ball will go there is a RND (random) button for this.

i think if you can afford one and have a family like myself so don't have the time to get out to the club to train then you should get one and if you can't afford one then do whatever it takes to be able to get one.

regards.

phamster
05-10-2015, 02:34 AM
hey guys,

i just recently bought the amicus pro / power pong 3000 bot

i tell you it is a great machine !

i put a video of some of the routines i work with..
Power Pong 3000 / Amicus Pro robot
Training Session with CT Pham

Clip 1
1st -Serve - short right with back spin
2nd - back spin to back hand
3rd - top spin to back hand
4rth - top spin to forehand

for in and out, and turn corner to develop
forehand dominate play

Clip 2
1st ball - back spin to back hand corner
2nd ball - top spin to back hand corner

focus on foot work and keeping forehand
stroke short so recovery is faster

Clip 3
Forehand attack against chopper
1st ball - back spin to back hand
2nd ball - back spin to fore hand
3rd ball - back spin to fore hand
last ball - top spin to fore hand for put away

focus on staying low, and controlled loops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3-XuZetwgk

ttLuke
06-07-2015, 04:24 PM
I'm thinking about upgrade my Amicus pro to Advance or Professional, but it's a bit expensive and I have some questions about Advance/Professional:
- How good are drills that start with a serve?
- The Amicus Professional now has a Mini USB port. Are htere updates or new features coming?
- Has anyone testetd the Amicus with the new Polyballs?

AndyCouchman
06-07-2015, 06:37 PM
Nice idea but is it really worth the money?
I've a Practice Partner 50 which have bought as new for £300 off eBay is fine
in my opinion for what they're good for; grooving stroke etc.
Id rather find and pay a good coach the extra €1700 in lessons
Just my opinion.

lleibman
07-07-2015, 03:50 PM
I am trying to figure out which technology does the job better: for a while to alternate between topspin and underspin, the go-to solution has been to use 2 separate heads. And that works well.

Now comes Amicus equipped with 3 wheels. I can see this helping with the sidespin, but can it actually quickly alternate between topspin and underspin as well or close to what 2 independent heads with 2 wheels each can achieve?

phamster
12-08-2016, 10:44 PM
hey guys.. long time no posting in this forum..

just did a 4 ball program to improve forehand and wide forehand and recovering backhand and then a middle backhand

this sequence it seems to used often in a match so i had to make something that simulates match play.

i am happy that the robot can accept such custom programming for most of my needs

my BH needs much work and my slow old body needs to loose some weight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se5FiCbHkqw

UpSideDownCarl
12-09-2016, 02:19 AM
hey guys.. long time no posting in this forum..

just did a 4 ball program to improve forehand and wide forehand and recovering backhand and then a middle backhand

this sequence it seems to used often in a match so i had to make something that simulates match play.

i am happy that the robot can accept such custom programming for most of my needs

my BH needs much work and my slow old body needs to loose some weight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se5FiCbHkqw

Cool. Looks fun. Long time no see. Good to see you back.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Der_Echte
12-09-2016, 03:02 AM
Bruce in the house !!!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

phamster
12-09-2016, 11:37 AM
good to see your name again.. !! hope your game is doiong what you want and health to all your family and you this holilday season ...

phamster
12-09-2016, 11:40 AM
Der_Echte,

great to see you again too.. you too have a great holiday season and hope you have a great year next year!

anything new and upcoming from Nexy next year?

i switched from my clipper to a slight slower more controled blade "yasaka extra special" it has a touch more dwell and with H3 and xiom omega asia it weighs 198... i think this is the magical weight speed power control and dwell set up for me now using the poly ball...

what you hitting now a days?

phamster

VictorMoraga
03-15-2017, 01:39 AM
I started training with AMICUS Pro. You can set everything with this Robot / I am very happy and surprised :)
and using the following equipment
Stiga Carbonado 245
FH: Stiga Mantra S / 2.1 mm
BH: GEWO Hype EL 42.5 / 1.9 mm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaY03Zoy-v0

dreadrocksean
06-06-2017, 03:59 AM
History prove you wrong.
I could have told you that back then too. There is great value in practicing loops against alternating back and top spin - even when you know whats coming!

My two cents:

That's the single most important feature. The newgy 2050 does not deliver that (tried the newgy, too, my dealer has this two models). Has only one head. If you turn the balls faster, there will be more spin in the balls. Long balls with few spins aren't possible. Dead balls aren't possible. That's for play around a bit (OK for me, but not what I intend), serious training is not possible.

Yes, the Amicus Pro cannot be programmed to deliver different spins within one programm. May be it will be able later, but: As you cannot see what spin it is (there's no hand of a human being you can observe), it's questionable for a table tennis robot to give different spins within one program anyway - my opinion. I would have to learn by heart the sequence of spins. Not somethin I like.

For an ambitious player, the purpose of a robot is to automatize and enhance specific techniques, that's where the Amicus Pro helps perfectly. The fact, that you can set up to 6 placement points within one program (and a randomising of these placements, so you never know where balls will land - combined with easy or adventurous topspins, backspins, sidespins and spinmixes - and up to 100 balls per minute): that's giving lots of variety. And fun. And heartbeats. I didn't miss the change of spins one minute.

If you want a real match where you face different spins and placements, get a real partner - that's what I have been told and that's what sounds reasonable to me.

10-10-2018, 10:11 PM
Hello all Amicus Owners,

I have the Amicus Adance for about 2 years now is the cable extension is broken, Is this cable special designed for Amicus only or can I buy it from a hardware store to replace it?

Der_Echte
10-11-2018, 08:16 AM
Der_Echte,

great to see you again too.. you too have a great holiday season and hope you have a great year next year!

anything new and upcoming from Nexy next year?

i switched from my clipper to a slight slower more controled blade "yasaka extra special" it has a touch more dwell and with H3 and xiom omega asia it weighs 198... i think this is the magical weight speed power control and dwell set up for me now using the poly ball...

what you hitting now a days?

phamster

Wow. Why didn't I see this one 2 yrs ago?

Nexy had a number of stuff come out, always making new blades, but some rad new shoes and bat cases came out.

The last few months ttd member erm has been steadily nudging me into using dynamic equipment (at least blade and FH) I have been using an all wood blade Donic Persson Power Play with Vega Pro or Japan on FH and on BH, a rubber that came out a long time ago - Nittaku Moritso. My new nickname is William Moritso or Rocketman (Even though one of my friends has that name on MyTT) I never sweated what I used on BH too much, I do well with most control rubbers there and play strong.

ttd member nate4s has made a few blades for me, pretty heavy setups altogether over 200 grams. I break those out Thursdays or Fridays.

JeffM
10-11-2018, 04:07 PM
Hi guys,

How much additional room is required from the end of the table when the net is unfolded?

Thanks

Suga D
10-11-2018, 09:42 PM
Hi guys,

How much additional room is required from the end of the table when the net is unfolded?

Thanks

Less than a meter should be more than enough.
It's hooked onto the edge of the table, so you actually need only very little space behind the table.

JeffM
10-12-2018, 04:18 AM
Less than a meter should be more than enough.
It's hooked onto the edge of the table, so you actually need only very little space behind the table.

Thanks Suga D.
I asked the butterfly store person and he says it needs max 50cm behind the table. Is that true? I plan on putting it on my table at home, so I want to make sure I can fit it and have some room left to play before I make the purchase, as it will be my biggest purchase so far in my life.

starsky27
10-12-2018, 07:50 AM
Hi ,
I’ve just measured it.
The net measures 30 cm from the edge of the table. You could have a gap of 35 cm and be ok. Ideally though to put it up and down it’s easier from behind the table but can still be done from the side.

Or you could just move the table , put it on , and move the table back again !

JeffM
10-12-2018, 11:32 AM
Hi ,
I’ve just measured it.
The net measures 30 cm from the edge of the table. You could have a gap of 35 cm and be ok. Ideally though to put it up and down it’s easier from behind the table but can still be done from the side.

Or you could just move the table , put it on , and move the table back again !

Hi starsky, thank you for measuring it! I dont suppose the net will be different for different model of amicus.
I shall get the robot when it is available here!

mickd
10-29-2018, 09:04 AM
Hello fellow Amicus Pro owners!

I'm wondering if it's possible to program the robot to do the middle corner exercise (one to middle, one random to backhand or forehand, repeat)?

The closest I can think of is using the S1 and S2 serves as the forehand and backhand, having slot 3 as the middle, and letting the robot random between S1 and S2. The problem is the timing is extremely awkward and slow on the serve setting, so it doesn't really work.

Thanks!