Donic-Schildkrot Balls

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Hello to everyone,

As searching the online stores I found table tennis balls under the name of Donic but the stamp had the name Schildkrot. After a search I came across a website https://www.donic-schildkroet.com/ . I don't know if its just the same word or its just a side business project of the known Donic. I want to ask you if someone knows the company and its legitimacy and the quality of the schildkrot 3 star champion ITTF Poly 40+ balls. Thank you.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hello to everyone,

As searching the online stores I found table tennis balls under the name of Donic but the stamp had the name Schildkrot. After a search I came across a website https://www.donic-schildkroet.com/ . I don't know if its just the same word or its just a side business project of the known Donic. I want to ask you if someone knows the company and its legitimacy and the quality of the schildkrot 3 star champion ITTF Poly 40+ balls. Thank you.

I suggest you watch the video on the page you linked to and see if you can decipher then hidden message. :)

Reactions: OSer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
In the video the Donic brand does not appear. But in the description mentions Donic, Waldner and Persson. Anyway, do you know anything about the balls quality. Thank you for answering

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
In the video the Donic brand does not appear. But in the description mentions Donic, Waldner and Persson. Anyway, do you know anything about the balls quality. Thank you for answering

The video is clearly advertising a brand that is directed at RECREATIONAL players. Think about it. Would you buy the net they are advertising? Would you put the net on a coffee table to play? would you choose to use one of the rackets in the video?

Now, see if you can answer your own question.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Over on MyTT there are a couple of egg-shaped Schildkrot blades for sale; imagine the JO shape but even more stretched and narrow. I wonder how they would perform.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
The only consideration is about balls, which are approved by ittf. I don't want a premade bat. I like my acuda P2. I have some points in a store that sells the 3* ones and thought about getting them with the points that I have.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
There are so many 3-star 40+ Poly balls that have ITTF approval and are pretty terrible. Back in the days of celluloid balls, there were so many balls that were pretty decent. These days a lot of things that are labeled 3-star and have ITTF approval, I would not put a 1-star rating on.

There are only a few 3-star 40+ balls that I think are worth using. Maybe I am picky. But I personally would not waste my time buying balls from a company that clearly makes recreational toys and not actual Table Tennis products. I think, most 40+ TT balls are made in just a few factories. So, at best it is a ball rebranded from another company which means the same ball is available under a different brand name without the rebranding.

I would use the points for something else and, if you are going to get TT balls, get good ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: splasher78 and OSer

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Also back in the 38mm days I always used to refer to Schildkrot balls as Shitgrot - possibly because they were associated back then wth John Hilton, who as we all know was a major cause of the change to the red/black rule. Also the last time I bought 38mm balls they were the only brand I could find as Nittaku and Halex had evaporated. Still got them, surprisingly - now and then I slip one into a practice session just to see if anyone notices !

Hello to everyone,

I have both Shchildkrot 3 star champion ITTF Poly 40+ balls and Donic 3 (blue) star P40+ balls that Carl have linked in previous messages. Here is my experience:

Out of 3 balls of the Schildkrot (I was given a free pack with an order I placed) 2 of the balls were not evenly round upon visual inspection and within approximately 3 hours of practice play, one ball shattered on an edge table hit and the other one cracked , after my opponent noticed the sound of the bounce was “off”. I liked the bounce of these balls as they were on the harder side. The third ball I think I gave away, not because the other 2 didn’t survive but just because someone asked if I had a ball they can borrow and it was the first ball I saw in my bag. I’m not bashing the brand in any way (pardon the pun) but I wouldn’t spend my money on those balls given the choice, due to my minuscule experience with those particular balls. Mind you I’ve had similar experiences with Nittaku Premium, Butterfly and Joola 3 star ITTF competition balls, just not as short a time span. Nittaku Premium being slightly oval and the Butterfly and Joola balls crack. I’ve never cracked a Donic 3 star P40+ ball. All of the Donic balls I had two 3 packs were an even circle upon inspection and played great. My favorite plastic balls to this day are Double Fish 3 Star V40+. Reason being is price and performance and most of all, durability. One day, during the height of covid in May, we were forced to play outdoors due to our club closing my friends Pitbull got a hold of one of the Double Fish balls and chomped down on it and only dented it, no break in the plastic! It was still one piece, just crumpled like a ball of notebook paper......

There are so many other options on balls, at less than a cost of beer or even a slice of pizza. It can’t hurt to try a 3-pack and see for yourself.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: