ask

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
You're going to have to give us more background info... how long you've been playing, in what setting, what your current blade is, why you want to change... or we can't give you accurate recommendations tailored to you.

Instead, you're going to get random suggestions out the wazoo, exemple:

- Stiga Allround Classic (ALL), under $50
- Butterfly Viscaria (OFF), got mine used for 60€ shipped

Those are 2 of the best blades in your price range, they are nothing alike, no idea what your level is though...

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Get the STIGA Offensive Classic (the original one, not CR or WRB ). Limba-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Limba. Good speed, good feedback, some bounce from spruce, great dwell, great spin capabilties. You get in what you put out.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
im a attacker and amateur player

That's still not saying much. Most of us are amateur players here, ranging from beginner, low, mid, high intermediate to elite (just before pro) with a majority identifying as attackers. Re-read my post and answer some of those questions. If you're lazy about asking for advice, people are going to be lazy about answering...

Yeah, what thomas is saying is true. If people will just simply say that they are an attacker and amateurs range differently. There is a reason for different USATT ratings.

If you are just an offensive attacker, you will get anything from 5ply all wood plus the rubbers u want to primorac carbon and gergely.

Like you can say ur rating. How many loops you can do in a row. Are u an attacking hitter or a looper? The possibilities of tt are endless.

U can even say what ur problems are right now. What you find difficult with your current setup (which you have not mentioned by the way) (such as short game, flicks, looping, overshooting, and the like). With the current info that u give, we have absolutely no baseline at all. The only baseline is full attack and amateur, and that simply is not enough. A lot of people can describe like that. you gotta be specific if you want at least a semi accurate suggestion. Thank you. WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!!! WE JUST TAKE IT DAY BY DAY..

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Yeah, what thomas is saying is true. If people will just simply say that they are an attacker and amateurs range differently. There is a reason for different USATT ratings.

If you are just an offensive attacker, you will get anything from 5ply all wood plus the rubbers u want to primorac carbon and gergely.

Like you can say ur rating. How many loops you can do in a row. Are u an attacking hitter or a looper? The possibilities of tt are endless.

U can even say what ur problems are right now. What you find difficult with your current setup (which you have not mentioned by the way) (such as short game, flicks, looping, overshooting, and the like). With the current info that u give, we have absolutely no baseline at all. The only baseline is full attack and amateur, and that simply is not enough. A lot of people can describe like that. you gotta be specific if you want at least a semi accurate suggestion. Thank you. WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!!! WE JUST TAKE IT DAY BY DAY..

Yep, we don't even know how long he's been playing for, in a club or casually, if he trains and how... he's actually only said what just about anyone could say about their game... Why take the time to help someone if they won't even take the time themselves.

Reactions: Rangga Iqbal
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
Thank you for all the suggestions that have been given, sorry I did not explain in detail because I am not good at speaking English. well i will try to explain it now. first I used the rubber R53 FH side for the BH side I used the yinhe type secondly I now use the lion allround boer blade, now I want to replace it because it is not suitable and less control. I want to change the blade because after trying Gergely it turns out the control and speed are more pronounced. my playstyle is the looping attacker can loop about 20-30 in a row gergely but not with my boer lion because I can't feel the control and speed. thank you in advice

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
therefore i am looking for a blade like gergely especially with good control at 50-100 $ for my r53 rubber and my plan is to replace my yinhe with r47 / r48.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
ummm... I think one the Yinhe T series (Don't recollect, the exact one, but it could be T-10) of blades is similar in play-characteristics to the BTY Gergely ..

Another one I can think of is the XVT Hinoki Balsa Carbon .. However, it's a lot lighter than Gergely, and not as fast ..

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Thank you for all the suggestions that have been given, sorry I did not explain in detail because I am not good at speaking English. well i will try to explain it now. first I used the rubber R53 FH side for the BH side I used the yinhe type secondly I now use the lion allround boer blade, now I want to replace it because it is not suitable and less control. I want to change the blade because after trying Gergely it turns out the control and speed are more pronounced. my playstyle is the looping attacker can loop about 20-30 in a row gergely but not with my boer lion because I can't feel the control and speed. thank you in advice

Your English is good. If you need, you can always use Google Translate.

I'd still like to know how many years you've been playing?

You say you want to go from an Allround blade to a OFF++ blade, that doesn't sound like a good idea. The fastest the blade, the least control it has. There are plenty of OFF-/OFF blades that are already quite fast and have a good mix of speed and control, for exemple ALC and ZLC blades (inner or outer), some 7-ply blades that are not too thick (~6.0mm), and even some slightly thick 5-ply blades (5.8-6.0mm like the Butterfly Korbel or the OSP Virtuoso +).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
i've been playing like 2years.

ah i see, so i better stick to allround blade? or if i want to change, it will be zlc or alc blade?

okay ill stay at allround blade, now can u give advice blade with good control?

thanks thomas.

Reactions: thomas.pong
I don't think You'll need an all-round blade. A off will be fine. If You want an ALC blade the Butterfly Innerforce ALC.S is probably one of the slowest butterfly's ALC blades. But You don't really need anything that expensive.
A cheaper one that I hear recommended all the time is Butterfly Petr Korbel. It's an off blade but if You have Your strokes down alright it shouldn't be too fast. The same goes for the Innerforce ALC.S.
Any of these blades may be the last blade You'll ever need...

Cheers
L-zr

Last edited: