Ma Lin`s biggest rival?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Read 4 reviews
Who do you think is Ma Lin's biggest rival?he could have done his grand slam if he had'nt lost in the final so many times.

1999 2nd place - lost to liu gouliang
2005 2nd place - lost to wang li qin
2007 2nd place - also to wang li qin
2009 3rd place - also to wang li qin(if he had beaten wang there he would have met wang hao in the finals and he would have won.cause Ma is better than wang hao :D)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
WLQ.
Ma Lin and WLQ have pushed each other to higher and higher level of play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Who do you think is Ma Lin's biggest rival?he could have done his grand slam if he had'nt lost in the final so many times.

2009 3rd place - also to wang li qin(if he had beaten wang there he would have met wang hao in the finals and he would have won.cause Ma is better than wang hao :D)

I agree with your post, except that Ma would have beaten Wang hao in 2009.
He firstly isn't worse than Ma Lin at all and played outstandingly great in 2009!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I agree with your post, except that Ma would have beaten Wang hao in 2009.
He firstly isn't worse than Ma Lin at all and played outstandingly great in 2009!

I don't know, I think Ma Ling would have actually won, if he had gotten through to the final. The two have played 12 times in the past 4 years, and Ma Lin has won 9 times. That is a 75% win rate, better than just about anyone against Wang Hao. Ma Lin is just a better short game controller than Wang Hao.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I got a good one.
Ma Lin's biggest rival is his former wife! :p

Yes, that certainly cost him a good deal of matches... and money, too. He played like sheeit for a good while.

Meh, Ma Lin's getting old. So I'd have to agree WLQ or other players who shared his primer years are/were his greatest rival.

Like... you wouldn't same Pete Sampras's greatest rival was Federer even though they played each other a few times, they just didn't cross paths at either of their peaks. On the other hand, Sampras and Agassi lived in the same era, and now Federer and Nadal... though Federer is slowly withering away.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Wang liqin, Wang Hao, Ma Lin, that's my ranking. But this three are destined to tangle each other until the end. Without any one, the other two will become grand slam.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
Wang Liqin because of beating Ma three times in WTTC

I don't know, I think Ma Ling would have actually won, if he had gotten through to the final. The two have played 12 times in the past 4 years, and Ma Lin has won 9 times. That is a 75% win rate, better than just about anyone against Wang Hao. Ma Lin is just a better short game controller than Wang Hao.

Ma Lin would not won against Wang Hao. just see the final between WLQ and WH. WH was UNSTOPPABLE.

says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012
Wang Liqin, Ma Lin and Wang Hao almost monopolized and share all champion titles of major tournaments from 2006 to 2010, none of them won a Grand Slam but I think they are the best trio in TT history, maybe Zhang Jike, Ma Long and Xu Xin have cahnce to replicate this model :)

Reactions: Dan