How much is your club membership fees

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi There.

I thought this might be an interesting topic.
Could you share how much it cost to play at your club for 1 year (annual fee).

Please also specify what it includes, ie:
- Your club name/Your city/country
- days and hours - 7 days a week
- coaching - x amount of free coach or none
- other fees included - tournament fees yes, club shirt yes, ETC
- +/- how many members

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavol2223
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Hi Tony,

it really depends on the club. I am associated with two clubs - St Michaels TTC (http://www.stmichaelsttc.co.uk/) in St Albans, UK and Barnet TTC (http://bttc.co.uk/) in Barnet, UK.

St Michaels TTC:
Open twice a week, 7pm - 11pm
Basic free coaching for beginners.
Fees:
Winter league season (Sep - Apr) subscription: juniors - £20, social (non-league) players - £40, league players - £60, no per-match fees.
Summer season: per-session fee: adult (£4), junior (£2).
End of season tournaments: adults - £4 per event (singes/doubles/etc) or £10 for 3 or more events, juniors - $1 per event, or £2.50 for 3 or more events.
Number of club members: ~40.

Barnets TTC:

League matches/general play: daily from 7pm till 11pm (except Sundays)
Coaching sessions by full-time professional coaches for everyone Saturday and Sunday mornings: 2 hrs x 2
Social table tennis sessions: 2hrs x 3 times a week
Junior+adult coaching sessions by full-time professional coaches : 2hrs x 2+1 times a week

Fees: annual membership £60 (mandatory for league play) plus £4 per player for each league match, juniors - £20, and so on (details on bttc web site).
Members do get a discount for coaching sessions and table hire for general practice.
Non members can also pop in, part with £3-£4 depending on week day, and play.
End of season tournaments: flat £4 per event.

Number of club members: ~160

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Typical Korean clubs charge USD $60 or so for basic monthly membership that allows you to play unlimited every day. Korean clubs are usually open 7 days a week 1200 to 2300 or so.

If you want lessons from coach, it depends on how many times a week for how many minutes.

One month's basic club membership PLUS 2x20 min per week lesson would cost around $130-$140 USD, which comes out to 8 lessons a week.

Lesson membership with more frequent lessons is a little more money, $160ish USD per month for 3 lessons a week 20 minutes long (12 lessons a month)

20 minutes seems like a really short time, but anyone ask Tony how intense a lesson can get after the FH to FH and BH to BH warm-ups !!! There is NO way an amature goes 20 minutes doing the demanding explosive movement fast rally hit combination drills 20 minutes straight, no way. 20 minutes is PLENT long enough to smoke even the most fit amature players. If a player is not smoked exhausted after a 20 minute lesson, either the coach was taking it really easy on the player or the player was not working at all.

This user has no status.
I pay around €120 (about $150) standard a year, which includes 2 1,5 hour trainingsessions from a coach (not private) a moment you can play freely from about 8 till 11pm and a match in the local competition every week. The club t-shirt is € 10 ($15 give or take), but it has been the same for about 2 years, so i haven't had to buy it again. If you want to do tournaments you have to pay to those that organise it, mostly around €10 each.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Wang Chen Table Tennis Club has an extremely cheap monthly membership of 20 USD per month. That means tables are a flat fee. Weekly tournament 10 for members 15 for non members. Lessons 60 USD per hour 10 lessons get 1 free. There is one beginner coach and three that do everyone. The format is basically you walk in and you rotate at a table with three people either training or matches. Sometimes one player will block and two do a drill with three balls until they run out and then the next person goes and then the blocker rotates. The shirt is too expensive: 35 USD. Rating range is 1100-2300

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
$35 USD is a decently low price for a name brand quality club jersey with modern material.

Now if your club shirt is made from a generic factory cotton T-Shirt with one graphic or text on each side, then $35 would be a very ridiculous expensive price.

Our most recent version of KFTTC jerseys (V3.0) are all custom made jobs. The jersey retail for $40 new and is the best breathing jersey I ever wore. (I own 30 jerseys, so I'm not a newb) I get them for $30 if I pay and often, Nexy just gives them to me and also team members if we have a special national tourney we go together as a team. In Dongdaemoon area of Seoul, you can get a design added to your shirt front and back complicated design for USD $10 a shirt and they do it right there on the spot quick. Nexy sends the shirts off to their partner who does it, then Nexy sends them out to the player. Korean express delivery is like $4 USD dirt cheap inexpensive. If I paid full price for everything and took them to Dongdaemoon, the jerseys would be $50. Our last batch of 6 jerseys were free to us. Thanks Nexy.

Here are a couple pics of the last two we got for some members from Vietnam who visited my old club to pick them up. One of them is a TTD member (bricephan)

Brice 3.jpg

Greg from Busan

greg 3.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I really like where this thread is going. Just not sure why so little people reponded (maybe people want to remain anonymous and giving out club info will share too much... maybe dont' share name then)

Can every one help add "number of club members" in your post place. I will add this question to the OP too.

I would like to see the different kind of clubs in the world vs the financial part vs what you get from the club.
I think this is very good to know, of course it will all varies based on each countries unique situations.

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I play at Auckland Table Tennis Stadium, it's an ITTF Hotspot Centre with 20 tables.
I pay $525 for a year which includes a stadium key. That basically means I can play whenever I want and I more or less play every day so it's a pretty damn good deal. (You can also pay half year and discounted rates for students).

I have no idea how many club members there are...hundreds and more people playing casually without membership. It's a large establishment so it's hard to find out things like that.

All private coaching is separate from membership, same with training squads etc. because they are run by private coaches. There are a few club sessions that are free to play in if you have a key though.