For World Number 1 player Xu Xin "the world ranking is not important" (VIDEO)

For China’s Xu Xin reaching the number one spot of the world rankings must be one of the biggest highlights of his career however, he has said that although he is very happy with what he has achieved for him it isn’t the world ranking that is important. Xu Xin stated how for him winning a world competition is far more important and he aims to catch up to his fellow players Zhang Jike and Ma Long.

xuxinasiancup2012f.jpg

Xu Xin - Photo by: Remy Gros

Sina sports also said how Xu Xin has recently occupied the top spot in the world rankings, although he is happy with his position, he knows that he must pay more attention to his achievements in world competitions.

Xu Xin commented saying “I feel that for me that the world ranking is not the most important, the results I gain in world competitions are for more important and so if you are in the top 4 of the world rankings then I wouldn't have any concerns. Of course it is better to be placed at a higher position but my goals currently lie in the world competitions. To be honest one of my biggest targets is to catch up with my team mates Zhang Jike and Ma Long.

This comment comes as no surprise having found out that even when Ma Long had been staying on top of the world rankings his experienced coaches were still hesitant in letting him take part in the Olympic singles due to the lack of a world title. Xu Xin will be taking this into consideration and with his dream of being part of the Rio 2016 Olympics he will be putting all of his focus into getting that title at the 2013 World Championships.

Like and tweet our articles to the World. Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.

TableTennisDaily
Article written by: Emily Standing
Source: sinasports.com