All about dwell time, maybe, but only if there are enough people interested.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
OK, if we want to go that route, I think OP should be banned. He has been banned on every other major TT website.

Im not the one whomakes the decisions I didnt even bother reading all the comments cause it is just boring and pointless for me to argue/have a discussion with pnacthwey's ridiculous statements and overall behavior. I admire your patience though providing valid arguements with a guy that obviously has some issues. Anyway, I dont know if it is fair to ban him or not, I think that maybe it would be a good thing for him cause he will actually focus on the game more and will stop getting pissed constantly lol :D

Anyway, after all those debates with him, I think the best way for me is to enjoy and not take him seriously at all

Cheers !

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Im not the one whomakes the decisions I didnt even bother reading all the comments cause it is just boring and pointless for me to argue/have a discussion with pnacthwey's ridiculous statements and overall behavior. I admire your patience though providing valid arguements with a guy that obviously has some issues. Anyway, I dont know if it is fair to ban him or not, I think that maybe it would be a good thing for him cause he will actually focus on the game more and will stop getting pissed constantly lol :D

Anyway, after all those debates with him, I think the best way for me is to enjoy and not take him seriously at all

Cheers !

Hahahaa... I was just joking about the ban though. I wanted to make the point that we can't close every thread we don't like.

Reactions: TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Hahahaa... I was just joking about the ban though. I wanted to make the point that we can't close every thread we don't like.

Probably a good idea to use smileys/emoticons then - nuances don't transmit well on the forums. I thought you were serious, and I'd be against the ban, despite his love of name-calling.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Probably a good idea to use smileys/emoticons then - nuances don't transmit well on the forums. I thought you were serious, and I'd be against the ban, despite his love of name-calling.

You were supposed to think I was serious. OTherwise, my point about why the thread should not be closed would have little impact.

This user has no status.
The problem is that you don't understand anything. You are the typical go along to get along guy that doesn't questions myths and do much to propagate them. That is not helping TT as a sport. You went along with all the fools on the other forum on this topic and others. Don't feel too bad. There are a lot of fools on those forums.

Now lets play a different game. If you are so damn smart why don't you tell us how tension would make a rubber play better if it exists. I DARE YOU! I will play with you like a cat plays with a mouse. In the end it would only be helpful if this mythical tension increases the COR. The article above doesn't say how tension helps with the COR. It doesn't even mention COR. So what good is tension if it exists? I am talking about at the level of balls and paddles and not molecules and atoms.

Also tension and elasticity are two different things. Tension is a force. Elasticity is the ability for things to return to their normal shape and size after any distorting force has been remove. Things can be elastic without being in tension. Things in tension may or may not be elastic. YOU ARE WRONG AGAIN. You are thinking of an elastic modulus.

So what have you done of any significance besides hit a TT ball around that proves you really know something?

You really should have heeded your own advice and ignored this thread.
BTW, the video above still shows I can return extremely spinny back spin balls with T25 which is something you said you couldn't do. So how is it that a self proclaimed know it all TT player has problems return chopped balls with T25?

Keep it up NextLevel. I don't forget. I don't forgive.
So now you are on the hook for explaining how tension is helpful. Ah, come on. You can do it.....well probably not.

why do you go into this silly off topic discussion? people either don't know or don't care if you're right on this matter, do you realize how bad the tone of the post makes you look? here we have a 60 year old engineer who is supposed to be brimming with knowledge screaming "I DARE YOU" and saying things like "i do not forgive. i do not forget." to someone over the internet on a discussion that isn't even the topic.

i'm still waiting for you to give us some useful practical information about dwell time that people either didn't know or got completely wrong. useful and practical please.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Look, the thing that is worth understanding about Pnachtwey is, this is a lot of what he is on the forums for. He wants to set up arguments to "prove" he is right but, more importantly, to prove someone else was WRONG.

Now in the past several months, he has been decently well behaved and made some good posts. But I also believe he got a warning that his name calling would get him a ban if he didn't clean up his act. I could be wrong about that. But I believe that probably happened because he all of a sudden just stopped. And it seemed for a while he was really busting at the seams to call people names and just hinted at them. Then he chilled after that.

Pnachtwey isn't really looking for a meaningful discussion on anything. He also isn't looking to give information that will help people's level of play.

He is trying to fish someone into an argument. But not a normal argument. One in which the scenario has been chosen by him and one in which it is more important (to him) that someone else looks like they are: wrong, stupid and have been believing in and perpetrating myths that are inexcusable on others.

Again, this is what he does.

His goal is myth busting, proving other people are wrong, and therefore, STUPID. He is not here to learn, have discussion or help people in any way, shape or form.

To me, his age doesn't matter. For one more day I can say I am only 50, before the clock rings that number higher. I think it is great that someone who is older has fun playing, wants to learn and play better, and finds this sport good exercise and stimulating to the mind. I'm all for anyone including a very intelligent guy like Pnachtwey learning and having fun playing table tennis. When he plays, I think he does that. In the two videos where you can see him, regardless of level, you can see he is having fun.

But when he creates a thread like this--and this thread grew out of a mini-argument he had with TT_Rogue on TT_Rogue's thread about equipment--he is definitely trying to create the circumstance where he can say "YOU ARE WRONG AND YOU ARE STUPID!" to somebody. It is not about something else.

I can't tell you how many times he has made posts and threads where he was trying to argue with people from one of the forums he has been BANNED from.

It might also help to know that Pnachtwey is actually somewhere on the autism scale but is HIGHLY functioning. It also might help to know that he owns and runs his own business so, in real life it is very rare for him to run into people who challenge his "authority" which is probably part of why he went into business for himself. Which I also think is kind of cool that he was able to make himself the ruler of his own universe in most aspects of his life. But it may give insight into why he has so much trouble when people don't just bow to his authority. At work he is surrounded by "yes men" and the ones who aren't probably get fired.

Now, first I have to say, my level is not that great. I'm okay for what I am. But I am not a high level player. I'm not bad for starting at 44 years old and being mostly self taught and having friends who are better than me help out. But I am not anything special. If I got to the level I have it is not exactly because of talent. It is more a result of the fact that, in my regular work part of my function relies on movement analysis. So I have a skill at watching people's body mechanics in normal movement patters and seeing functional and non-functional patterns.

The interesting thing about this is, that it did not automatically translate into me being able to see what is going on in the mechanics of a loop stroke or the difference between a loop and a drive. Until I could actually loop, it was hard for me to see the difference.

What does this have to do with anything? Well, someone who doesn't know how to loop and is very intelligent could think he knows some things that he doesn't actually know. So, level itself isn't that important. But I am definitely able to tell that the guys I know who are 2500, can see a lot more about certain aspects of the mechanics of a table tennis stroke than I can regardless of my training in seeing functional patterns of movement for something unrelated to table tennis.

So, a guy who knows a lot but doesn't understand the limits of his understanding of table tennis can create a lot of trouble.

It doesn't have as much to do with level as it has to do with someone explaining something that they think they can do but actually can't.

When Pnachtwey is contributing and making good technical posts, I am happy to have him around. When he is fishing for an argument and newer members who don't know his MO think that they are dealing with someone sane, well, that can cause some problems.

But make no mistake, right from the outset, this thread was about something different than what the first contributors thought it was supposed to be about.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Very little talk about actual table tennis. It's mostly a flame war, people are calling each other names and getting angry. It's bringing everybody down. Anybody who joins in on this thread now will get attacked in some way.

Come on, buddy. You have not been attacked. And if anyone attacks you,the Empire will strike back ;).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
OK, if we want to go that route, I think OP should be banned. He has been banned on every other major TT website.
The moderators there are idiots. They banned anybody that doesn't agree with them even though they can't say why they are right and I am wrong. They can only say I play ping pong better than you so you know nothing.

You are the ass holes that ruined the thread with all your noise and personal attacks. In the first reply I was called a smart ass and the thread was side tracked about blade stiffness.
All those that de-railed the thread should be banned.
You all think you can attack me without me retaliating?
At the very least I will make you look stupid which isn't hard to do.

Nextlevel, TTFrenzy, USDC and others that distracting posts and personal attacks should be banned for de-railing what could have been an informative thread. All the jibberish comes from them.

There would have been no trouble if people only asked questions about dwell time but you all start out with attacks.

Will not try to post anything informative here. Everyone can see there is no point. I agree the thread should be deleted. I already have given it a 1 star.

Meanwhile you all can remain ignorant about dwell time and the related topic of "accelerating through the ball".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
The moderators there are idiots. They banned anybody that doesn't agree with them even though they can't say why they are right and I am wrong. They can only say I play ping pong better than you so you know nothing.

You are the ass holes that ruined the thread with all your noise and personal attacks. In the first reply I was called a smart ass and the thread was side tracked about blade stiffness.

Nextlevel, TTFrenzy, USDC and others that distracting posts and personal attacks should be banned for de-railing what could have been an informative thread. All the jibberish comes from them.

There would have been no trouble if people only asked questions about dwell time but you all start out with attacks.

Will not try to post anything informative here. Everyone can see there is no point. I agree the thread should be deleted. I already have given it a 1 star.

Meanwhile you all can remain ignorant about dwell time and the related topic of "accelerating through the ball".

Ican still play decent table tennis without realizing what dwell time really is. Is there a scientific explanation about this? :D

This user has no status.

you are acting like a cry baby now and you can only make others look stupid to yourself which really defeats the purpose of doing it since you already believe they are.

so you lost your time and effort here and in the end you won't even say what you wanted to say because you got offended by some people being mean. okay...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
C'mon guys.... ;)

32a3c29129bd89fb01771d1234f84efe2cdb29c86218ae5d7f25001c3ea59157.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I can't tell you how many times he has made posts and threads where he was trying to argue with people from one of the forums he has been BANNED from.

When Pnatchwey would start a thread here on some scientific or engineering topic, for a while, some newly opened account would miraculously show up on mytt with a post linking to the thread on ttd asking people to come over and debate. Pure coincidence? You be the judge.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl