Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

says what [IMG]
@NextLevel

Any place that manages to keep the troublemakers in check without just outright banning them 99% of the time is bound to have a strong social culture. (RIP our fallen comrade pnut, he couldn't help it. :rolleyes:)

Maybe you don't want to admit it, but this place just wouldn't be the same without the occasional, uhhh, "personality" like sebas, Siva or myself. Don't even dare claim it'd be better! ;)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Merry Christmas, everyone. In terms of Table Tennis, this has been a rewarding year and many people have asked me why they don't see me posting that much on ooakforum (where I hosted my two main blogs) or mytabletennis.net (where I was once the most notorious poster) and wondering whether I still post. I hint to them that I have come here, and I have realized that as much as I pretend to analyze and rationalize, I go to places because of the people. And you all are great people, even the trolls. As much as I try to tell you the things you need to hear, continue to tell me the things I need to hear, even if I sometimes do not like to hear them. That is the meaning of friendship.

Carl really sets the tone for this forum (I am not under-crediting Dan, whose design of the forum just makes it the kind of place where people do not want to leave trash, and I am sure most of you know what I mean) . Sometimes, I wish I could clone him and make him the social side of other forums. On too many forums out there, people who run the forums are afraid to do things that give the forum a personality, or say what they should or should not embrace, to the point that they encourage the entertaining behavior of rampant trolls. More important is to crowd out the trolls with lots of positive posting and Carl has set the tone for that.

I mean, mytt is probably the forum where I know the most people in person because it has lots of American tournament players but I bond best with the people here. The people I have met in person (Carl, DerEchte, Boogar, OSPH, Ilia, Pleaides) have all been great and I am hoping to meet more. OF course, there is some overlap with other forums, so I am focusing on the people I link to here. Hopefully, I can get to Germany and meet some people.

Of course, this year, some people stopped playing and went without telling me or others why. I have one particular person in mind when I say this especially but I don't want to over-discuss it. I wish him the best because while this sport helps maintain health, playing through the health issues and injuries is not easy and people who have never experienced it will never truly understand it.

What I will say is that many things happened for me this year that I never thought would, and as much time I put into TT, I got so little standard training with my injuries that I was really lucky that a couple of things happened that just make the stars align the right way. Meeting you all and posting on this forum is one of them.

While I cannot mention all your names, I would like to specially thank everyone who has posted at least one video on this thread, including the ones I always meant to comment on (yes, yuri.saldon) but never did. It's good to see posts on the thread, but videos give the chats a personal touch that posts don't quite do.

Merry Christmas once more. Happy Holidays. And buy Nexy Karis M :p.

Man, all this time I thought you were posting just as much on Ooak and MyTT and I was starting to wonder how you had time to sleep or post footage of training and match play. My illusions about how prolific a poster you are have been shattered. I was starting to think: "how could anyone have time to make so many great posts on whip mechanics and still have time for anything else?"

Merry Christmas big guy! Thanks for yet another great post. Hahahahahahaha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
@NextLevel

Any place that manages to keep the troublemakers in check without just outright banning them 99% of the time is bound to have a strong social culture. (RIP our fallen comrade pnut, he couldn't help it. :rolleyes:)

Maybe you don't want to admit it, but this place just wouldn't be the same without the occasional, uhhh, "personality" like sebas, Siva or myself. Don't even dare claim it'd be better! ;)

Yes, the site got blessed with trolls that actually share video. I remember when I first read your tome on ooakforum. This was what I posted and was asked to politely to retract by the admin as he felt you were making some points. Little did he realize how spot on I was... Merry Christmas!

says what [IMG]
- - as he felt you were making some points. Little did he realize how spot on I was... Merry Christmas!

Back then I didn't really understand the logic as to why some correct points in an overall out of context and incorrect essay, if you may call it, meant that the correct points were also moot. Not necessarily wrong as facts: but they don't have any actual value in the context and are misleading.

I had to learn to play the game somewhat to understand that. This sport is difficult to really talk about generally because the cognitive requirements to do everything is so high, and I feel there's some "break points" someone needs to pass until some advice is even slightly applicable to them. Being able to control, understand and produce a certain level of spin for example.

I personally haven't tried any other sport or technical activity that's like this to the degree table tennis is.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Merry Christmas, everyone. In terms of Table Tennis, this has been a rewarding year and many people have asked me why they don't see me posting that much on ooakforum (where I hosted my two main blogs) or mytabletennis.net (where I was once the most notorious poster) and wondering whether I still post. I hint to them that I have come here, and I have realized that as much as I pretend to analyze and rationalize, I go to places because of the people. And you all are great people, even the trolls. As much as I try to tell you the things you need to hear, continue to tell me the things I need to hear, even if I sometimes do not like to hear them. That is the meaning of friendship.

Carl really sets the tone for this forum (I am not under-crediting Dan, whose design of the forum just makes it the kind of place where people do not want to leave trash, and I am sure most of you know what I mean) . Sometimes, I wish I could clone him and make him the social side of other forums. On too many forums out there, people who run the forums are afraid to do things that give the forum a personality, or say what they should or should not embrace, to the point that they encourage the entertaining behavior of rampant trolls. More important is to crowd out the trolls with lots of positive posting and Carl has set the tone for that.

I mean, mytt is probably the forum where I know the most people in person because it has lots of American tournament players but I bond best with the people here. The people I have met in person (Carl, DerEchte, Boogar, OSPH, Ilia, Pleaides) have all been great and I am hoping to meet more. OF course, there is some overlap with other forums, so I am focusing on the people I link to here. Hopefully, I can get to Germany and meet some people.

Of course, this year, some people stopped playing and went without telling me or others why. I have one particular person in mind when I say this especially but I don't want to over-discuss it. I wish him the best because while this sport helps maintain health, playing through the health issues and injuries is not easy and people who have never experienced it will never truly understand it.

What I will say is that many things happened for me this year that I never thought would, and as much time I put into TT, I got so little standard training with my injuries that I was really lucky that a couple of things happened that just make the stars align the right way. Meeting you all and posting on this forum is one of them.

While I cannot mention all your names, I would like to specially thank everyone who has posted at least one video on this thread, including the ones I always meant to comment on (yes, yuri.saldon) but never did. It's good to see posts on the thread, but videos give the chats a personal touch that posts don't quite do.

Merry Christmas once more. Happy Holidays. And buy Nexy Karis M :p.

happy holidays, this posts hit me a bit. Those feels man.

This forum is much better for the personalities, improvement in general, and discussions on different aspects of the game. It really feels like I've made friends here.

mytt is where to go for and equipment questions but this is surely the place to be, at least for me.

never would have thought being banned from mytt would have brought me closer to players online, but it brought me here.

Thank you for this post NL, and thank you all for making this community a place worth coming back to so many times.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Why waszn't he ripping all my servez? I didn't rip much of hiz stuff maybe.

He is really a character. Sometimes he goes all out. Sometimes he plays junk ball. When he is going all out and gets on a roll, he is hard to beat. I've seen him take down some guys who are 2200+. But I don't think either of you were warm when you played that match.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Back then I didn't really understand the logic as to why some correct points in an overall out of context and incorrect essay, if you may call it, meant that the correct points were also moot. Not necessarily wrong as facts: but they don't have any actual value in the context and are misleading.

I had to learn to play the game somewhat to understand that. This sport is difficult to really talk about generally because the cognitive requirements to do everything is so high, and I feel there's some "break points" someone needs to pass until some advice is even slightly applicable to them. Being able to control, understand and produce a certain level of spin for example.

I personally haven't tried any other sport or technical activity that's like this to the degree table tennis is.

Way back, in some post, talking about a different poster someone posted this cartoon that was very funny and accurate.

It was something about how if someone was posing as a physicist, it would x number of minutes to figure out that they were full of it. And then it went through various other fields of expertise where the person could pose as knowing what he was talking about for longer and longer.

The last one may have been a literary critic and that one was said to be able to get away with the BS indefinitely.

Often when Archo has posted I have been reminded of that cartoon. It fits pretty well.

Even here, the dishonesty of Archo trying to pretend he had some things right when he was regurgitating phrases he heard from others with no understanding of what he was actually saying.

Plagiarizing other people's content and placing it into a paragraph out of context does not actually mean you got anything right.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl, I'm not too sure if any points were right at all.

I'm more-so saying that even if something was: it doesn't matter.

And my point, that information that is correct in one context can be placed in a different context, where it could even sound close, but is not, is not just incorrect, it is potentially dangerous.

And the reason the people on this forum figured out that you fell into that category was that a few guys with the BS detector on high like NextLevel and several others from the forum could tell you were blowing hot air because what you said didn't fit despite the fact that you were plagiarizing content. You simply lacked the ability to put it into a meaningful context.

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel and Shuki
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
WOAH, dunno how I missed it but congrats on breaking 2100!

Thanks. It may not be obvious but that tall kid I am playing in the videos is only 14 and was 2270 when I beat him for the first time in 3 years or so in a tournament. Of course, he beat me badly yesterday but I focused on the highlights.;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Way back, in some post, talking about a different poster someone posted this cartoon that was very funny and accurate.

It was something about how if someone was posing as a physicist, it would x number of minutes to figure out that they were full of it. And then it went through various other fields of expertise where the person could pose as knowing what he was talking about for longer and longer.

The last one may have been a literary critic and that one was said to be able to get away with the BS indefinitely.

Often when Archo has posted I have been reminded of that cartoon. It fits pretty well.

Even here, the dishonesty of Archo trying to pretend he had some things right when he was regurgitating phrases he heard from others with no understanding of what he was actually saying.

Plagiarizing other people's content and placing it into a paragraph out of context does not actually mean you got anything right.

Even what you are quoting sounds like something I wrote and makes me wonder what other technical activities Archos has participated in. I think he is truly beyond saving.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Even what you are quoting sounds like something I wrote and makes me wonder what other technical activities Archos has participated in. I think he is truly beyond saving.

The fact that, with how much we have been on him about the ridiculousness, the fact that he keeps at it, to me says this is simply as you have just said.

Thirty years from now when he has a kid constantly trying to BS him, he will get a dose of his own medicine. But it won't stop him from doing it to others even then. By that time he will have found that his whole life will revolve around being full of it. Which will also cause him to hang around with people who don't get he is full of it. Because the more perceptive people will realize they cannot be around the nonsense for too long.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
How easy is it for you guys to get in contact with butterfly? I've talked to their higher-ups almost every time I actually need to talk to them because their customer service team NEVER responds.

butterflyonline (USA division)

says what [IMG]
Carl, NL, I thought about your posts for a bit, and what you are saying is clear to me on the surface level. However I seem to be too dumb to understand why it's inherently wrong.

If I understood correctly, my postings sound like something that other people have at some point written, said or thought. That begs the question whether I really understood what I'm saying or if I'm just writing it to give off some kind of image of knowing things.

Now, I'm flattered that you think that I'm capable of having my own original way of thinking about things, but I fail to see how I can express things without it sounding like someone else or perhaps even directly stating something that has been stated before.

I seem to be very intellectually challenged, so if you would re-write the post in question to make it "better" so to say, then I'd appreciate it. Make it simple, otherwise the point will probably go over my head like this one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Carl, NL, I thought about your posts for a bit, and what you are saying is clear to me on the surface level. However I seem to be too dumb to understand why it's inherently wrong.

If I understood correctly, my postings sound like something that other people have at some point written, said or thought. That begs the question whether I really understood what I'm saying or if I'm just writing it to give off some kind of image of knowing things.

Now, I'm flattered that you think that I'm capable of having my own original way of thinking about things, but I fail to see how I can express things without it sounding like someone else or perhaps even directly stating something that has been stated before.

I seem to be very intellectually challenged, so if you would re-write the post in question to make it "better" so to say, then I'd appreciate it. Make it simple, otherwise the point will probably go over my head like this one.

1.Arch reads bout whip mechanics
2.Arch thinks he understands whip mechanics
3.Arch explains whip mechanics in ways that will hinder players development and show he doesn't have a firm grasp of how they work.
4.Arch explained the whip mechanics that he just read about and puts them in his own words a bit to make it seem like it was him that understood them and could explain them to others.
5.Arch is dishonest and harmful to others.

says what [IMG]
1.Arch reads bout whip mechanics
2.Arch thinks he understands whip mechanics
3.Arch explains whip mechanics in ways that will hinder players development and show he doesn't have a firm grasp of how they work.
4.Arch explained the whip mechanics that he just read about and puts them in his own words a bit to make it seem like it was him that understood them and could explain them to others.
5.Arch is dishonest and harmful to others.
Thank you, this is how I want it to be. For morons, so I can't miss the point.

:rolleyes:

This is somewhat the conclusion I came to and seems to be what I've been yelled at for months. Is that so or is there something more?