This user has no status.
You know what, i'll stop beating around the bush and being indirect and just say it. **** China and **** the chinese coaches and the players. They're doing nothing but harm to the sport with their boring af dominance. Ever wonder why table tennis's popularity just keeps declining? This is precisely the reason why. I for one fully agree with every decision ITTF makes in regards to China and hope that they keep being this way. The ironic thing is that ITTF is the only one that actually cares about the sport's popularity yet you guys keep saying that they make wrong decisions.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Looks like Ishikawa, Ito, Hayata. Japan will care about the doubles slot. But they have locked themselves into the top 2 ranked positions. Unless the WTTC points end up hurting Ito who went out earlier than the rest. That may get Hirano or Kato in.

Don't scare me like that...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
You know what, i'll stop beating around the bush and being indirect and just say it. **** China and **** the chinese coaches and the players. They're doing nothing but harm to the sport with their boring af dominance. Ever wonder why table tennis's popularity just keeps declining? This is precisely the reason why. I for one fully agree with every decision ITTF makes in regards to China and hope that they keep being this way. The ironic thing is that ITTF is the only one that actually cares about the sport's popularity yet you guys keep saying that they make wrong decisions.

Chill out man. I for one respect the dedication and hard work required to do the clean sweeps year after year. And c'mon nobody is stopping others from doing the same.

Jan 2018
What even was that, they just showed the replay, the assistant ref signals the edge ball, the main ref signals a let, players didn't signal a let, yet they decide to replay the point without the refs even discussing it with each other.

Absolutely appalling.

Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
What will be interesting for CNT as well on the Men's side is who is the alternate to the Olympics - is it Lin Gaoyuan or Liang Jingkun? Or Wang Chuqin? Small things but they say something about the internal dynamics.

For the women, who is the third player on the team? Zhu Yuling would have been the top contender but I suspect they may use a trial to determine this again as the decision here looks really complicated. Chen Meng and Wang Manyu seem to be in the mix as well. Wang Manyu is more likely to be the alternate than a player but who knows.

This user has no status.
thanks for the vids (again)

the self-confidence of the CNT (thanks to tons of hard training) 99% of the time gives them this extra edge when things are tight. thats a fact alas, and something which other players need to find a solution against.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
At the same level or worse than Ding Ning's theatrics against LSW in the last WTTC final ! this is plain despicable ... how the can umpire take a decision if only one team is appealing and the team appealing has lost the point ..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews

God I love ML.. how can someone dislike this man? As much as I wanted Mattias to win ML deserves this so much.

I don't get one of the posts above. Should China just stop trying and give away points for free? No.. we need to keep working harder if we want to break the chinese dominance. It has happened before and it can happen again. Meanwhile I will keep watching because I love watching TT regardless of who's dominating. I see nothing wrong with the chinese working hard and deserving to dominate. It's exciting to now start to see lots of countries contesting them.. japan, sweden.. korea and others.

This user has no status.
Just watched the replay. It seems that the referee first pointed out the net, and then SYS/WMY wanted to confirm with the referees. Of course it was not net, but SYS/WMY should not to be blamed for this because they were just obeying the referees, which is what CNT players are told to do in the matches.

Sorry I have to change my mind when I found that it was actually SYS who first raised her hand before the umpire, after rewatching it many times...

So not a fair play from SYS...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
The timeout was very stupid if you ask me. But people make mistakes.

This seem to be Persson's biggest weakness as a coach. He did a similar thing when coaching Truls in Oman (or was it Qatar?). Truls had lost something 10-4 to 10-10 and then won a point to go to 11-10. At this time Persson calls a timeout and Truls loses the set (and the match I believe).

Reactions: Atas Newton