Yinhe Jupiter 3 Amazing Rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Actually not possible to buy that rubber to germany. It is simply not availlable. I didnt even know about that one^^

I play a stronger fh by simply hitting harder than most, which is why i picked it that hard, especially because it is already tuned. Ill see how dense the rubber is and how it feels, but ill probably test it either way without boosting first. Otherwise it would be harder to compare to LAC anyways.

I remember you said you like LAC more than Big Dipper because the throw angle is higher. Does LAC have the same speed and bounciness as BD?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Which other Loki rubbers have you tried? Is Loki N80 also fast?

Lac, loki arthur diamond europe and the gtx. Didnt like an of the other rubbers. Probably because i just played them on my bh and for that they felt way too hard.

well big dipper (the one with the blue sponge) is overall trash imo. Any rubber which vary that hard from batch to batch is unusable imo.

On top the arc is too flat. The throw wouldnt be that much of a problem, but even that varied way too much.

Lac is way better in every aspect of the big dipper bs.
Overall speed is higher with a lesser bounce.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Lac, loki arthur diamond europe and the gtx. Didnt like an of the other rubbers. Probably because i just played them on my bh and for that they felt way too hard.

well big dipper (the one with the blue sponge) is overall trash imo. Any rubber which vary that hard from batch to batch is unusable imo.

On top the arc is too flat. The throw wouldnt be that much of a problem, but even that varied way too much.

Lac is way better in every aspect of the big dipper bs.
Overall speed is higher with a lesser bounce.

How can the speed of LAC be higher if it has less bounce?

How many Big Dippers did you try? I'm surprised to find that it varied batch to batch for you. I've used several sheets of it, and I always find it to be excellent.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
How can the speed of LAC be higher if it has less bounce?

How many Big Dippers did you try? I'm surprised to find that it varied batch to batch for you. I've used several sheets of it, and I always find it to be excellent.

4 myself and 3 more with a teammate.
2 of these were even close to nonsticky. They gripped nearly nothing and were only goos for flat hitting.

That is simple to explain. A rubber can easily be bouncy but can reach its peak speed quite fast. Pretty usual the case with softer rubbers.
imagine a softer rubberband, with those you can shoot paper beads for example way easier. But with a harder rubber band those projectiles will reach way higher speed than with the more bouncy/softer rubber band.

The result is not the same but kinda equal with tabltennis rubbers
​​​​​

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

4 myself and 3 more with a teammate.
2 of these were even close to nonsticky. They gripped nearly nothing and were only goos for flat hitting.

That is simple to explain. A rubber can easily be bouncy but can reach its peak speed quite fast. Pretty usual the case with softer rubbers.
imagine a softer rubberband, with those you can shoot paper beads for example way easier. But with a harder rubber band those projectiles will reach way higher speed than with the more bouncy/softer rubber band.

The result is not the same but kinda equal with tabltennis rubbers
​​​​​

Well I'm quite eager to try the LAC sometime in the future. I also quite like the black rubber on its red sponge. It looks very attractive.

I get the explanation of soft rubbers, but BD is not soft. It comes in 40d. It should be just as hard as LAC.

Why haven't you tested the Loki N80 before?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Well I'm quite eager to try the LAC sometime in the future. I also quite like the black rubber on its red sponge. It looks very attractive.

I get the explanation of soft rubbers, but BD is not soft. It comes in 40d. It should be just as hard as LAC.

Why haven't you tested the Loki N80 before?

Yep should be the case but i suppose its shift to feeling bouncier is their tuning or the max tense technology or whatever.

Well i was overall not really happy with Loki rubbers on my bh so i searched somewhere else. At that time i was even happier with H8, so testing Loki rubbers for my bh was a step back here and i was a bit annoyed wasting time and money^^

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Just tried the J3 40deg on my Yinhe V14 Pro. I played with the robot for a short while, but it feels quite good. It's nothing like Big Dipper though. It's a fast rubber. I'm used to H3 and Battle Max Pro 41deg, and this was faster and felt a bit harder, and semi tacky/tacky. Unboosted then. And it's harder than LAC.

I guess Attitude is trying to explain to mr. Zuhang what I tried some year ago :)

Now I use Big Dipper 38deg on my backhand, and I quite like 'em (boosted). It's a semi tacky rubber, and I find it strange that Attitude got some rubbers that almost didn't grip the ball. I played with BD for some years and always got quite good grip with these. I think they are too mushy for forehand in 38 & 39deg, and the 40 deg didn't give me the effect I wanted. Perhaps it's softer top sheet didn't go well with a harder sponge...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Just tried the J3 40deg on my Yinhe V14 Pro. I played with the robot for a short while, but it feels quite good. It's nothing like Big Dipper though. It's a fast rubber. I'm used to H3 and Battle Max Pro 41deg, and this was faster and felt a bit harder, and semi tacky/tacky. Unboosted then. And it's harder than LAC.

I guess Attitude is trying to explain to mr. Zuhang what I tried some year ago :)

Now I use Big Dipper 38deg on my backhand, and I quite like 'em (boosted). It's a semi tacky rubber, and I find it strange that Attitude got some rubbers that almost didn't grip the ball. I played with BD for some years and always got quite good grip with these. I think they are too mushy for forehand in 38 & 39deg, and the 40 deg didn't give me the effect I wanted. Perhaps it's softer top sheet didn't go well with a harder sponge...

Maybe we have different playingstyles :p
I mean the difference in prices between the BD and the BD 2 are minimal and still i have some differences here too, but they dont change the playing characteristics that much.
For example my third BD 2 sheet was even tackier and even had a kinda glossy topsheet, dunno how to describe it. It is like this sheet reflects the light way more than the ones before. I could lift the ball up from the table and turn around the blade with the ball not moving. You could even hear the ball gripping when you moved the ball on the rubber, so sticky that sheet was (kinda still is - a bit less now, being glue for around 2-3 weeks now).

So maybe you were lucky so far or my teammate and i were just unlucky, dunno.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

How is the speed of Jupiter 3 vs LAC?

I also recently got BD 38 for backhand. I'm pairing it with Jupiter 3 41d on FH.

I don't understand why you say its nothing like BD though. To me, Jupiter 3 and BD are similar. Both are semi-tacky with speed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

Maybe we have different playingstyles :p
I mean the difference in prices between the BD and the BD 2 are minimal and still i have some differences here too, but they dont change the playing characteristics that much.
For example my third BD 2 sheet was even tackier and even had a kinda glossy topsheet, dunno how to describe it. It is like this sheet reflects the light way more than the ones before. I could lift the ball up from the table and turn around the blade with the ball not moving. You could even hear the ball gripping when you moved the ball on the rubber, so sticky that sheet was (kinda still is - a bit less now, being glue for around 2-3 weeks now).

So maybe you were lucky so far or my teammate and i were just unlucky, dunno.

Yes. Don't we all :)
I think that these two rubbers (BD & BD2) are quite different anyway. But the BD2 I've only tried in 41deg on my forehand. It was quite good, but not as engaging as the H3, Battle Max Pro rubbers. More hard, stiff and with a lower throw. Maybe the sponge was too hard for me. My 41deg BD2 wasn't that tacky. It lifted the ball for a second or two in the beginning, but almost didn't after a few cleanings.

I think they have more of a quantity check than a quality check :) with these rubbers, and I had differences between the BD rubbers in tackiness, but they have been quite similar anyway so it has worked for my backhand. My forehand is much more sensitive for losing the tack, as my technique is better there and I almost always brush the ball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
How is the speed of Jupiter 3 vs LAC?

I also recently got BD 38 for backhand. I'm pairing it with Jupiter 3 41d on FH.

I don't understand why you say its nothing like BD though. To me, Jupiter 3 and BD are similar. Both are semi-tacky with speed.

The short time I tried it, I feel that the J3 40deg is faster and harder than the LAC. LAC is softer, more like a H3N 39deg, but with a boosted feeling. The J3 40deg feels more like a boosted H3 41deg as I'm used to, but with a slightly harder feel and higher speed.

Well. To me and my way to play, these two are sooooo different from each other. My Jupiter 3 had quite a lot of tack. More than BD anyway.

Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

Yes. Don't we all :)
I think that these two rubbers (BD & BD2) are quite different anyway. But the BD2 I've only tried in 41deg on my forehand. It was quite good, but not as engaging as the H3, Battle Max Pro rubbers. More hard, stiff and with a lower throw. Maybe the sponge was too hard for me. My 41deg BD2 wasn't that tacky. It lifted the ball for a second or two in the beginning, but almost didn't after a few cleanings.

I think they have more of a quantity check than a quality check :) with these rubbers, and I had differences between the BD rubbers in tackiness, but they have been quite similar anyway so it has worked for my backhand. My forehand is much more sensitive for losing the tack, as my technique is better there and I almost always brush the ball.

Yeah i could imagine 41 being pretty hard. I am using it in 39 with one big layer of booster and it is still not a really fast rubber as long as you dont hit propperly with it.

Well the thing with the tackiness seems to be the most varying thing with Yinhe BD models for some reason. At least in my case it didnt have any affect on the arc or the quality of the topspins, otherwise i wouldnt pick that one either anymore. Such differences in different sheets are a big no-go for me.

If the J3 is that more bouncy it could most definitly be playable with my bh (at 37° at least) and probably no problem with my fh at 41°. But we will see, i still remain quite excited. Maybe i can even record the training sessions with it, if it comes in around 10 days.

Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

The short time I tried it, I feel that the J3 40deg is faster and harder than the LAC. LAC is softer, more like a H3N 39deg, but with a boosted feeling. The J3 40deg feels more like a boosted H3 41deg as I'm used to, but with a slightly harder feel and higher speed.

Well. To me and my way to play, these two are sooooo different from each other. My Jupiter 3 had quite a lot of tack. More than BD anyway.

Well I never really understand your descriptions that well. To me, I would never compare J3 with H3, because they are just completely different. J3 is fast, H3 is slow.

But anyway, do you feel that LAC is more bouncy like the J3 or more dead/requires effort like the H3?

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
Just tried Jupiter 3 Asia 40d today (tested on DHS Hurricane King 3). I have to say that it's better than I expected. I used it unboosted but suprisingly, no dead feeling, the sponge is actually elastic and bouncy, its speed is better than Dragon Grip, maybe nearly equal to 09c. The topsheet is semi tacky, not as spinny as real Chinese rubbers, this feels like a hybrid. It's ridiculous good for a 13$ rubber.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

Well I never really understand your descriptions that well. To me, I would never compare J3 with H3, because they are just completely different. J3 is fast, H3 is slow.

But anyway, do you feel that LAC is more bouncy like the J3 or more dead/requires effort like the H3?

I played a bit with it a couple of days ago, and it feels more like Big Dipper 2, but a bit faster. It's not giving that good effect in brush looping as H3 or Battle Max Pro does.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Just tried Jupiter 3 Asia 40d today (tested on DHS Hurricane King 3). I have to say that it's better than I expected. I used it unboosted but suprisingly, no dead feeling, the sponge is actually elastic and bouncy, its speed is better than Dragon Grip, maybe nearly equal to 09c. The topsheet is semi tacky, not as spinny as real Chinese rubbers, this feels like a hybrid. It's ridiculous good for a 13$ rubber.
Your description sounds almost exactly as how I described it. It's nice to see that the 40d still retains the bounciness and speed.

• Love
Reactions: longle
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Do you feel the spin is better or worse than Dragon Grip and D09c?