WTT Champions Frankfurt 2023

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
How come they never hold events in Taiwan?
precovid, Taiwan only hold the junior opens basically every year, and gave a pass when Taipei City hosted the FISU games (2017), but continued in 2018 and 2019
then covid hit and no more.
WTT took over, and Asian countries (together with covid fears during the time of event hosting submission) are slow to get back on.
I heard maybe 2025

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Definitely there's a problem of audio sync in the Highlights videos. I wonder how they even publish the videos in such condition?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Well, Aruna just didn't play, it wasn't his day.
Anton, as usual, did not live up to the expectations of many. Omar's home preparations in the form of backhand blocks in a straight line also yielded results.
Harimoto won on counterattacks. So far, the position of the players in the standings favors him.
Pitchford is simply handsome. I'll keep my fingers crossed for him.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Well, Aruna just didn't play, it wasn't his day.
Anton, as usual, did not live up to the expectations of many. Omar's home preparations in the form of backhand blocks in a straight line also yielded results.
Harimoto won on counterattacks. So far, the position of the players in the standings favors him.
Pitchford is simply handsome. I'll keep my fingers crossed for him.
Aruna's last match against Groth was similarly ugly - Groth has a very Timo Boll copycat style that on some days rivals Boll, never easy to deal with.

Omar knew he had to rep Africa properly, and since he has beaten Truls, why not Kallberg?

Harimoto fought really hard, I thought it was not going to be his day, and he seemed to accept it somewhat until the middle of the second game and just decided out of nowhere to start fighting a bit harder, and that made a difference.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
There are two Harimotos around, appreciate if folks can write Miwo and Tomo to ease the confusion. Sometimes I get lost in the conversation. Thanks folks! Appreciate it.
I prefer Miwa and HT
I know you a Timo guy and they must be Miwo and Tomo
But I don't think people will know who is Miwo and Tomo
am I right, Mr Gozo

says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
Mar 2021
I prefer Miwa and HT
I know you a Timo guy and they must be Miwo and Tomo
But I don't think people will know who is Miwo and Tomo
am I right, Mr Gozo
Didn't expect my typo will one day become an internet meme.

Miwo, Tomo, Timo & Gozo the quartet.

• Haha
Reactions: latej
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Hayata is to Harimoto as Ito is to Hayata. Winning the Zennihon Takkyu 3 months from now with this level?

Conspiracy theorist mode: the cunning Hirano must have held back.

As for Harimoto, once again, she will have to get past Kihara and Nagasaki first, on top of Hayata. She is up against the strongest generation here [comments by Hirano, Hayata, Nagasaki].

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hayata is to Harimoto as Ito is to Hayata. Winning the Zennihon Takkyu 3 months from now with this level?

Conspiracy theorist mode: the cunning Hirano must have held back.
Exactly - but this will not be her level in 3 months, but I don't think 3 months will be enough. But Hayata is the very specific problem, and these losses take a psychological toll over time. If someone else manages to beat Hayata, then Miwa has a chance. But Kihara is not chopped liver either.

Reactions: zeio
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Exactly - but this will not be her level in 3 months, but I don't think 3 months will be enough. But Hayata is the very specific problem, and these losses take a psychological toll over time. If someone else manages to beat Hayata, then Miwa has a chance. But Kihara is not chopped liver either.
Miwa still needs time to grow into a stronger and better player.
Must not fall into the same problem/footpath as her brother.
They were rushing him way too quickly/early for Tokyo olympics (in fact Mima, Miu too)
Hayata is the only one that has "aged naturally".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Miwa still needs time to grow into a stronger and better player.
Must not fall into the same problem/footpath as her brother.
They were rushing him way too quickly/early for Tokyo olympics (in fact Mima, Miu too)
Hayata is the only one that has "aged naturally".
I hear you, but I do think Miwa even aging naturally can do well enough at a younger age. It's not like Sun Yingsha and Wang Manyu were aging unnaturally when they were competitive at younger ages.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I hear you, but I do think Miwa even aging naturally can do well enough at a younger age. It's not like Sun Yingsha and Wang Manyu were aging unnaturally when they were competitive at younger ages.
China is different
When your "future" world champion come on board, they are still a junior

In Japan, the kids become seniors, become all stars.

WMY and SYS was a unknown until recently to be honest.
DN and ZYL with CM hold that spot and WMY and SYS both had to wait for the "big sisters" retirements, or by beating them.

Same with CM who had DN, LSW and LXX blocking her.
and the same 3 blocking a younger ZYL too
Young DN was blocked until ZYN and WN retired and had Guo Yue and Guo Yan to handle + LSW and LXX

Reactions: matzreenzi