2024 WTT Champions Incheon 03.27-03.31 Korea

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Fan looked near his best against PF and TH, but was thoroughly outplayed in the first three sets. A bad omen for the CNT if his sputtering and starting form keeps happening.

There'll be no comeback train tomorrow for Liang, no way he goes down 0-2 and wins tomorrow.

As for the Olympics, Fan won both WTTC titles in this cycle, and he should get precedence. Even if his performances are underwhelming in the Saudi Smash or The Men's world cup, they'll still pick him and micromanage him as much as possible to be in decent form just like they did with ZJK. ML is most likely gonna be the third choice so if anything happens with Fan, Ma should replace. LJK is not as secure as Ma in doubles for the team event, so I think his chances of playing at the Olympics is very similar.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Fan looked near his best against PF and TH, but was thoroughly outplayed in the first three sets. A bad omen for the CNT if his sputtering and starting form keeps happening.

There'll be no comeback train tomorrow for Liang, no way he goes down 0-2 and wins tomorrow.

As for the Olympics, Fan won both WTTC titles in this cycle, and he should get precedence. Even if his performances are underwhelming in the Saudi Smash or The Men's world cup, they'll still pick him and micromanage him as much as possible to be in decent form just like they did with ZJK. ML is most likely gonna be the third choice so if anything happens with Fan, Ma should replace. LJK is not as secure as Ma in doubles for the team event, so I think his chances of playing at the Olympics is very similar.
Hugo had beaten Lin Gaoyuan or someone else on the CNT 4-0 in Houston if memory serves me right. He went up 3-0 on Liang. Liang started doing the drop the ball short repeatedly thing and came back to win 4-3. Yet it seems you are so convinced that Hugo is now at a level that Liang has no chance of coming back. Alright.

The problem with Ma Long is age. Between injuries and other potential issues, his form can fall off a cliff. The CNT will need to be pretty confident that they have sufficient buffer to take the risk and a plan B if the risk becomes too large. I can see Liang being the plan B just like Wang Manyu was last Olympics for Liu Shiwen, though since Ma Long is not playing mixed doubles, there is less risk of anything happening. The CNT doesn't like taking risks though.

This user has no status.
I don't understand many services from some players. Tactical blunders already from their service. Well, then try to create a point in a slightly or somewhat easy way.
Idk Harimoto seems to be experimenting, but yes those are all blunders. He nearly lost against Oh Junsung due to these blunders too.

This user has no status.
FZD lost because for some unknown reason he was refusing to do the chiquita to force the rally, and was doing a lot of nonsense pushes. He doesn't realise that his pushes are nowhere as strong or deceptive as Ma Long or WCQ. Just chiquita to win like LYJ... He seems to be not confident in the chiquita for some unknown reason. Hugo was just loving this push push game because it allowed him to use his strengths to the max, ie huge power on both sides and fast footwork, and avoid his weaknesses ie poor connection skills in the rally.

Tbh FZD did the exact same mistake in the Tokyo Olympics - why the hell would he not chiquita to enter the rally, and instead play push push against Ma Long?! He is a rally monster and needs to remember that - I'm not sure why he seems addicted to pushing when he isn't that great at it anyway...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I agree
and if I was the head coach, I would protect Alexis and fix problems otherwise, more and more players will just exploit his weekness, like, let me take a bit longer to serve and Alexis will breakdown
I'll just note for the record that it's about this much you care about fairness in the national teams when it's not about poking CNT.

• Haha
Reactions: Shine and blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
FZD lost because for some unknown reason he was refusing to do the chiquita to force the rally, and was doing a lot of nonsense pushes. He doesn't realise that his pushes are nowhere as strong or deceptive as Ma Long or WCQ. Just chiquita to win like LYJ... He seems to be not confident in the chiquita for some unknown reason. Hugo was just loving this push push game because it allowed him to use his strengths to the max, ie huge power on both sides and fast footwork, and avoid his weaknesses ie poor connection skills in the rally.

Tbh FZD did the exact same mistake in the Tokyo Olympics - why the hell would he not chiquita to enter the rally, and instead play push push against Ma Long?! He is a rally monster and needs to remember that - I'm not sure why he seems addicted to pushing when he isn't that great at it anyway...
Short Pushing will be on FZD's Tomb epitaph. He just can't admit that he is bad at it and stop using it too often. Harimoto totaled him in the short game as well.

Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
It's really silly reading these posts, they didn't watch the match I just watched. I am old enough to remember when Rafael Nadal thought he would never win Wimbledon and then proceeded to do it the very next year.
Nobody beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row!

This user has no status.
Short Pushing will be on FZD's Tomb epitaph. He just can't admit that he is bad at it and stop using it too often. Harimoto totaled him in the short game as well.
True... sometimes you gotta admit you ain't the best at something, and just use what you're good at.

I agree that Harimoto was dominating FZD in the short game but losing bad in the rallies. Idk why FZD is so stubborn tbh. Just chiquita everything, dominate the rally and win - easy way to win right?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
True... sometimes you gotta admit you ain't the best at something, and just use what you're good at.

I agree that Harimoto was dominating FZD in the short game but losing bad in the rallies. Idk why FZD is so stubborn tbh. Just chiquita everything, dominate the rally and win - easy way to win right?
Watching FZD walk and play at Singapore Smash, I sort of suspect that he was still nursing a slight knee injury. Before Smash he had been wearing a knee brace for a while. He also seem to loose steam after game 3 or 4 recently. It all points to his knee injury still not fully healed? Could be why he is not comfortable doing the Chiquita regularly like he used to.

This user has no status.
Watching FZD walk and play at Singapore Smash, I sort of suspect that he was still nursing a slight knee injury. Before Smash he had been wearing a knee brace for a while. He also seem to loose steam after game 3 or 4 recently. It all points to his knee injury still not fully healed? Could be why he is not comfortable doing the Chiquita regularly like he used to.
This could be a possible reason. Short/long push is definitely a lot less physically demanding than chiquita...

Reactions: longrange
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Yep, and he's always had issues with it since time memorial. Harimoto's on and off FH and footwork issues, LYJ stamina and power issues too was what led me to the conclusion that any weaknesses that are not plugged before a player settles into their style in their teens usually comes back to bite them when they need it on bad days. Of course, the opponent should be lauded too but it's obvious that it was a poor showing from the star players too.

Even ML still has that lukewarm BH and it almost hurt him against LYJ.

Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
Hugo winner of this match.
I think Hugo might win too... but LJK is not such an easy player to get past now as he's very consistent and spinny. Hugo will really need to stay consistent as he hits his big shots. The success rates of his BH down the line loopkill will be the key here imo.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
理性讨论早田希娜 (Fair-minded discussion of Hayata Hina)
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8959020333
天河和梦璃 厚度仅次于莎梦鱼同,和迪差不多能排第五,摆速和莎差不多强于梦鱼同迪,综合实力略低于梦鱼略强于迪,但是能不能打破同的金钟罩是个问题。
其实平野和早田实力也差不多,厚底略低但是摆速更快目前算世界第一摆速,上限更高比早田容易爆冷,早田下限更高更稳定。
IP属地:浙江36楼2024-03-31 11:15收起回复
Her thickness is second only to Sha/Meng/Yu/Tong, and ranks fifth almost like Di. The transition [TL's note: literally swing speed in Chinese but it means a different thing] is about the same as Sha and stronger than Meng/Yu/Tong/Di. The overall strength is slightly lower than Meng/Yu and slightly stronger than Di. But whether she can break Tong’s golden bell [TL's note: defense] is a question.
In fact, Hirano and Hayata are about the same in strength. Hirano's thickness is slightly lower but her transition is faster, who is currently ranked first in the world. Her upper limit is higher and it is easier to cause an upset than Hayata. The lower limit of Hayata is higher and more consistent.
修罗♑️: 和同没打过,目前仅次于海产,和陈梦基本持平,我不认为她是速度型,她向来赢球也不是靠速度,而且我觉得她的速度是00后里最慢的,打球有她自己的节奏,正反手转换速度慢,步伐不太好,但是她的发球和旋转很好。
2024-3-31 15:22回复
Has not played Tong before [TL's note: only in this cycle?], she is currently second only to Seafood, and is basically on the same level as Chen Meng. I don’t think she is a speed type. She has never won by speed, and I think her speed is the slowest among those born in the 2000s. She has her own rhythm, slow transition between forehand and backhand, not very good footwork, but her serve and spin are good.

djwuxbsjsj 状态好算是能卡在第三,但是早田下限怎么说呢,有时候比以前的伊藤平野还离谱,伊藤19到22年巅峰那阵基本都没输过中国队外的人,另外早田的基本功也有点差,虽然现在能用韧劲和身体素质不上来,以后就不好说了
当然,如果能让陈彬教练出山带她的话,应该可以再上一层楼
IP属地:广东来自iPhone客户端49楼2024-03-31 12:46回复
When in good condition, she can stick in third place, but when it comes to Hayata's lower limit? Sometimes it is even more outrageous than Ito/Hirano in the past. Ito in her peak from 19 to 22 [TL's note: 22? C'mon!] basically never lost to anyone outside the CNT. In addition, Hayata's basic skills are a little poor. Although she can use her tenacity and physical fitness to improve now, it will be hard to say in the future.
Of course, if coach Chen Bin comes out of retirement and guides her, she should be able to reach a higher level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I think Hugo might win too... but LJK is not such an easy player to get past now as he's very consistent and spinny. Hugo will really need to stay consistent as he hits his big shots. The success rates of his BH down the line loopkill will be the key here imo.

I hope so too. Hugo can go up and down easily.