Who do you think will win the World Table Tennis Championships 2013?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 76 37.4%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 75 36.9%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Chuang CHih Yuan

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 8 3.9%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
The 4th game was really crucial WH was winning 10-7 but lost the set. He gave a very good fight though, he could win it this time,but in the end he made more mistakes than ZJK
That 4th game really showed how mentally strong and smart Zhang Jike is. Problem with their finals is that they don't give spectacular rallies alot, it is much of the same, with a little variation leading to a rally every now and then. But those two guys master aspects of the game that are still relatively unknown to players like Ma Long and Xu Xin. Ma and Xu often only have a plan A, for every situation. Wang and Zhang can change plans or score smart points at crucial moments. They win close games more often because they have something extra at the end, which Xu and Ma often don't have.

I think this result, together with the titles Zhang won in the previous years, should leave no doubt about who (overall) is the best player of this moment :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
I feel bad for Ma Long. I seriously do. I just hope he keeps trying. He sensational to watch most of the time. And I'm so upset as his fan, God knows how he must be feeling. He is as good as ZJK and Hao, but somehow he takes all the pressure of the world on himself. I have a documentary on him where his coaches said the same thing. He wants to perform so well all the time that a slight dip in his game leaves him distraught. I just hope he comes back and does well again.

And ZJK is one of the smartest players China has ever produced. No shit.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
I feel bad for Ma Long. I seriously do. I just hope he keeps trying. He sensational to watch most of the time. And I'm so upset as his fan, God knows how he must be feeling. He is as good as ZJK and Hao, but somehow he takes all the pressure of the world on himself. I have a documentary on him where his coaches said the same thing. He wants to perform so well all the time that a slight dip in his game leaves him distraught. I just hope he comes back and does well again.

And ZJK is one of the smartest players China has ever produced. No shit.

I think Ma Long will win the WTTC in 4 years when no one will think of him anymore. No pressure=WTTC!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
This could be a much closer final if WH really got the will to pull it. He said his goal of this tournament was already fulfilled after he beat Yan An. The win over Ma Long is simply a bonus as he had more lost than win in the recent years, may be 2-3 win in 10. The final with ZJK is just not expected by any. Not even WH himself or any coaches of CNT. Too bad WH had a slow start and ZJK made all the perfect moves since game one. WH had pull many impossible shots that no one can return except ZJK. As LGL said ZJK won on his footwork where WH simply can't match. Too bad WH failed to grab game 4 while he should and the edge on game 6 just sealed the game. It is safe to say no one can touch ZJK if he keep playing like this. It is the start of another cycle of a new Grand Slam. Go for it!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
The result should be seen in light of the fact that ZJK was not able to successfully execute parallel counter topspins in both the XX & WH matches. He still won convincingly, because he simply has more options available than the other players, and is able to execute them in a way to inhibit his opponents top level play - this is why some of his matches are less exciting than other ones.

Replace just 50% of the missed parallel counterloops, and the result would have been even more lopsided (and he may have chosen that strategy more often). Scary!

ZJKs performance, while obviously at much higher level than in previous competitions this year (purposefully trained for peak performance at WTTC?), clearly has not topped out at the WTTC.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
HELLO!! :D
does anybody know the name of the song that was playing everytime the players were entering the arena?
Fairy tail ost- Erza no theme, if that's the one you mean. I was ecstatic when I heard it :D

OT, I really wanted to see Mizutani make a breakthrough this time, no idea what happened to him. I'm glad that Kenta and Koki put on a good fight, I hope they can keep getting closer to the top players.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think Ma Long will win the WTTC in 4 years when no one will think of him anymore. No pressure=WTTC!

I think, in four years, it will be the time when Yan An and some of the younger generation like Fan Zhendong will be having their day. In four years Ma Long will be about the age Wang Hao is now.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
That 4th game really showed how mentally strong and smart Zhang Jike is. Problem with their finals is that they don't give spectacular rallies alot, it is much of the same, with a little variation leading to a rally every now and then. But those two guys master aspects of the game that are still relatively unknown to players like Ma Long and Xu Xin. Ma and Xu often only have a plan A, for every situation. Wang and Zhang can change plans or score smart points at crucial moments. They win close games more often because they have something extra at the end, which Xu and Ma often don't have.

I think this result, together with the titles Zhang won in the previous years, should leave no doubt about who (overall) is the best player of this moment :)

Great post.

Reactions: WiWa