W968 provincial backhand problem

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
I play table tennis around 6 months and uses w968 provincial 3 months .
My problem is I cant produce good backhand shot too far or too net.
Play with outer koto ZQH90 LYJ Szlc is too comfort with bh even super zlc is super fast but still can produce consistency over W968.

My fh topspin is vary of good gears on W968 but when ball came to my bh its easy lose point

Who have some kind of this problem and how you overcome it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Play with outer koto ZQH90 LYJ Szlc is too comfort with bh even super zlc is super fast but still can produce consistency over W968.

My fh topspin is vary of good gears on W968 but when ball came to my bh its easy lose point

What rubber you use on your 968 BH?

This user has no status.
Long 5 is inherently weaker than W968 on the backhand but it’s supposed to work well with tacky rubbers. D09c is not too hard but you can try something softer to increase the rebound speed.
Although, if you have a good backhand you’ll hit well with anything, like Fan Zhendong.

Reactions: confuser
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
You must be super talented rising TT player when after 6 months you are playing with one of the fastest setup which pro's use. Maybe HL5 is not the fastest but ZQH and LYJ SZLC for sure are.
Good luck! I think I'm burnt out to start discussing and educating from the beginning. I'm sure there are a lot of educated and with the wide knowledge of TT to show you and clarify proper path.

Reactions: jk1980 and job59
says Feeling blue
says Feeling blue
Sep 2023
I don't wanna say something harsh but it is mostly you problem (70%). I have the same setup for 4 months and in my opinion the backhand loop/flick of it is really safe. The only problem I countered is that sometimes in match situation I can't control my power and technique so I overshoot the table (more power more press the ball down - close the angle). Net with this setup is nearly impossible if you know how to properly drive the ball on BH no matter how low is the ball. Maybe u should get a coach or train more with this set up. You're holding one of the most balance set up, it can do everything if u train enough. Two below can not compare the D09C about speed.
If u still want to change, there's only one I recommend is H3 37. More safety but demand more physique. But if you play with the right angle (any blade any rubber), it would be much more efficient for your stamina. I personally like the Donic Bluestar A1 (but it demands heavily physique and swing speed and it give me the control that I want, it won't suit people with nondominant backhand)

says Feeling blue
says Feeling blue
Sep 2023
In term of controlling the set up (racket angle), more power more press down? Kinda right but if u close the angle right from the contact, it will land mostly net. So the way is to contact with an open angle and then slowly (relative) close the angle while driving the ball forward (not upward). You will see pros prepare to hit with a close angle but when they hit the ball they would reopen the angle then press it down after contact.

Reactions: confuser

Why are you using a w968 if you're a beginner?
And dignics too?
it's not the equipment, but the fact that you are a beginner

Reactions: longle and jk1980
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020
The Dignics 09c and H3 is the best setup for the W968 Prov & Nat, i have both. Even though the W968 Prov is OK for the beginner you need to understand first how a good top spin feels like. The D09c stroke with this blade is more like a drive/loop unless you do a super fast backhand. I suggest you change either the rubber or get another blade that is easier to practice with. Looks like you have a good budget, If you want to practice looping get a Long 3 with Dignics 05 that is super good or Viscaria with Dignics 05, Clipper CR Dignics 05. Pay attention to the gluing, 2 or 3 layers and dont press it hard or will be uncontrollable for a beginner. Dignics 05 does not go well with the W968 Prov.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
The Dignics 09c and H3 is the best setup for the W968 Prov & Nat, i have both. Even though the W968 Prov is OK for the beginner you need to understand first how a good top spin feels like. The D09c stroke with this blade is more like a drive/loop unless you do a super fast backhand. I suggest you change either the rubber or get another blade that is easier to practice with. Looks like you have a good budget, If you want to practice looping get a Long 3 with Dignics 05 that is super good or Viscaria with Dignics 05, Clipper CR Dignics 05. Pay attention to the gluing, 2 or 3 layers and dont press it hard or will be uncontrollable for a beginner. Dignics 05 does not go well with the W968 Prov.
Have you tried H3 or H8 on backhand for the w968? Ma Long and LJK use H3 and wcq uses H8

I’m curious to know if H3 or H8 would be better for my backhand on my w968

This user has no status.
Have you tried H3 or H8 on backhand for the w968? Ma Long and LJK use H3 and wcq uses H8

I’m curious to know if H3 or H8 would be better for my backhand on my w968
WCQ also uses H3 on the BH now. CM uses H8 on the backhand tho, sometimes. She likes switching up her equipment…