WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
3rd seeded players out now after Mittleham and Hayata.

Szocs 1-0 -> 1-3 Sawettabut
G2 67, 69, 89 TO for Sawettabut, 911 net for Sawettabut
G4 25 TO for Szocs, 27, 37, 39, 69, 611

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...-be-revamped-for-paris-2024.24977/post-446361

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/wtt-singapore-smash-2024-3-7-3-17.33147/post-446960
You aren't under increased pressure to defend points you can't relinquish and points like Singapore Smash you can regain if you do well in specific events. This will take place over 4 months - let's see where Szocs ends up under "increased pressure" when she has 500pts in the bank. Same with Hugo, Quadri, Assar, Hayata etc.

On the other hand, people like CIC or DHK or Hirano without continental points have to play well in these events - they are the ones with the pressure.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
MS R64
Karlsson 3-1 JWJ

Jan 2018
Quadri beat Lim Junghoon for the first time! Fan Zhendong still in his future?
LJH has been under the scrutiny of not just the Korean media but also Yoo Namkyu and related parties after WTTC 2024. Yes, Yoo Namkyu.

Jan 2018
You aren't under increased pressure to defend points you can't relinquish and points like Singapore Smash you can regain if you do well in specific events. This will take place over 4 months - let's see where Szocs ends up under "increased pressure" when she has 500pts in the bank. Same with Hugo, Quadri, Assar, Hayata etc.

On the other hand, people like CIC or DHK or Hirano without continental points have to play well in these events - they are the ones with the pressure.
East Asian players have always been under that pressure so they are used to it. But the rest of the world has not, so they are the ones under higher pressure, especially for those with mismatched continental points.

Here's an analogy. It's like studying as a student in East Asia (hell) versus in the West (heaven).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
East Asian players have always been under that pressure so they are used to it. But the rest of the world has not, so they are the ones under higher pressure, especially for those with mismatched continental points.

Here's an analogy. It's like studying as a student in East Asia (hell) versus in the West (heaven).

Bernie still has more wins over the CNT than most of those East Asians despite not having the pressure. Let's see how it plays out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
A sole WCQ being the only CNT player in the bottom half of the Ro32 draw offers many exciting possibilities and permutations. I can't remember the last time China had one male player in the
Ro32 draw in the bottom half of a major tourney, and that player reached the final(Zeio?).There's a big chance for Felix, or a resurgent LSS , or even underdogs like Pitchford or KCJ to get into the finals of a Grand Slam event. The growth and the world ranking boost may be unparalleled to priors especially since we're 4 months to the Olympics.

The top draw is interesting because so many players in the top 10 are gonna have to duel it out. FZD, ML, TH, LYJ all in one half of the draw has been a rare occurrence. Things should be very interesting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
A sole WCQ being the only CNT player in the bottom half of the Ro32 draw offers many exciting possibilities and permutations. I can't remember the last time China had one male player in the
Ro32 draw in the bottom half of a major tourney, and that player reached the final(Zeio?).There's a big chance for Felix, or a resurgent LSS , or even underdogs like Pitchford or KCJ to get into the finals of a Grand Slam event. The growth and the world ranking boost may be unparalleled to priors especially since we're 4 months to the Olympics.

The top draw is interesting because so many players in the top 10 are gonna have to duel it out. FZD, ML, TH, LYJ all in one half of the draw has been a rare occurrence. Things should be very interesting.
Think last time it was budapest 2019, and we all know how XX handled that one :)

• Haha
Reactions: Shine
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

Pitch would have to get past Truls and then likely Wang C to even get to a quarter!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Think last time it was budapest 2019, and we all know how XX handled that one :)
That was his first major strike, He was lucky that ML covered his butt.
2021 Tokyo was the ultimate crime given his age. I bet if they'd won that final, Xu Xin would have played till Paris. He was already prepping with Shasha in one or two tournaments ( maybe internal, not sure).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Pitch would have to get past Truls and then likely Wang C to even get to a quarter!
Yeah Truls too, I missed him, he's got a sizable chance too.
It'll be nice for him to show out in Singapore because he hasn't really made World TT news much since 2021, except for European Continental Events of course.

Reactions: Wrighty67
says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
Hugo has to be the most disappointing TT player in the past year or so. just goes to show how close these top players in TT really are..which makes the chinese dominance all the more impressive.
Cho plays well too. Hugo tried to come back but wasn’t enough for the recovery.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hugo has to be the most disappointing TT player in the past year or so. just goes to show how close these top players in TT really are..which makes the chinese dominance all the more impressive.
Cho D has beaten Fan Zhendong before, so I find this take a bit harsh. Cho D is very young and underrated, he should express superpowers over the next couple of years and has Korean #1 potential.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Cho D has beaten Fan Zhendong before, so I find this take a bit harsh. Cho D is very young and underrated, he should express superpowers over the next couple of years and has Korean #1 potential.
I'm definitely not taking away from Cho D at all. I haven't seen the match.....but it just seems like Hugo is getting "upset" in nearly every tournament.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Cho is a serious talent. I saw him at the recent WTT Manchester feeder and he looked a cut above everyone else there.

Sep 2019
I thought an jaehyun was the future of Korean but he seems inconsistent sometimes after his ran at wttc 2019.

Jan 2018
:LOL:

雨果是不是在美洲刷杂鱼刷得自己也杂鱼化了 (Has Hugo become a small fry himself by creaming small fry in the Americas?)
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8930465121

李尚书这是想干嘛啊……感觉上团体不能满足他了 (What is LSS up to... It feels like the MT cannot satisfy him here)
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8930044389

BTW, it's said for the KNT the selection criteria for Paris 2024 are the following:
2 singles and 3rd member - top 3 from top 30 in WR;
If 3rd member is outside top 30, then selection trial.

Last edited: