WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Punishment for losing early
1.4 WTT HERO Activities (https://wttwebcmsprod.blob.core.windows.net/technicaldocuments/WTT Series & Feeder Handbook 2024.pdf)
https://weibo.com/1740626210/O58dQ538u

CXT on 4-2 SYS
https://weibo.com/6865474126/O58bTvc9s
乒乓report
3小时前 来自 微博视频号
#陈幸同4比2孙颖莎#陈幸同赛后表示,赛前说实话连录像都没看,我们特别熟悉,打了很多次也都是以失败告终,打之前没有太多信心。前两局赢就感觉不是很真实,第三局她赢了一局我感觉比赛反而真实了。
第五局,自己大比分3-1领先,又领先了4分,还是想把握住这个机会,把比分的优势把握住,但效果不是特别好。
我跟世界第一打吧,长时间的世界第一,我没有任何包袱和想法,落后是正常的,领先反而是不正常的,一直抱着这样的心态,3-2领先我也是当最后一局打。#陈幸同说跟世界第一打没有任何包袱#

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Moregard will retire with the best result as WTTC 2021 runner-up at this rate. He hasn't improved technically at all, relying on nothing but tricks just like Ito.
Today, Moregard's main problem is the technical limitations imposed by the equipment he uses. Cybershape, for all its positive properties, has a very significant drawback - a shift in the center of gravity deep into the head. This makes it difficult to perform sharp wrist movements when performing the banana. It was thanks to the magnificent banana that Lin Yun Ju was able to beat everyone, including Wang Chuqin in Frankfurt. And I will be rooting for Lin so that he can do it now in Singapore.
Moregard practically does not use banana and I am more than sure that the reason is Cybershape. He needs to stop using the Cybershape and switch to a classically shaped blade.

This user has no status.
Today, Moregard's main problem is the technical limitations imposed by the equipment he uses. Cybershape, for all its positive properties, has a very significant drawback - a shift in the center of gravity deep into the head. This makes it difficult to perform sharp wrist movements when performing the banana. It was thanks to the magnificent banana that Lin Yun Ju was able to beat everyone, including Wang Chuqin in Frankfurt. And I will be rooting for Lin so that he can do it now in Singapore.
Moregard practically does not use banana and I am more than sure that the reason is Cybershape. He needs to stop using the Cybershape and switch to a classically shaped blade.
This is true, but Ma Long didn't have much of a chiquita and still did very well. Chiquita is not always the answer to everything although it is indeed a game changing stroke for BH dominant players.

Reactions: Choosikick
Jan 2018
This is true, but Ma Long didn't have much of a chiquita and still did very well. Chiquita is not always the answer to everything although it is indeed a game changing stroke for BH dominant players.
Only very well after WH and ZJK, the penhold player and the shakehand player with arguably the best chiquita, respectively, were out of the picture. The truth is ML did poorly against certain players pre-2015 by CNT standards without a strong BH.

Jan 2018
WS QF
Ito vs WMY
G1 95, 109, 119
G2 50, 51, 61, 62, 72, 73, 83, 88, 118 slight net for Ito
G3 02, 12, 13, 23, 25, 55 WMY yellow carded for stalling, 511, 6 in a row
G4 05, 25, 27, 47, 49, 59, 510, 710, 711
G5 30, 35, 45, 48, 78 TO for WMY, 711
G6 30, 31, 41, 42, 52, 57, 77, 710, 910, 911

As I've predicted, Ito has turned into Ishikawa, only getting in the way of teammates.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Nah, the reason is not the Cybershape. There are many players who use the Cybershape who play chiquitas, one can look at Jon Persson as one example. If you actually remember Truls game well before he started using the Cybershape, he didn't backhand loop or play the chiquita so it is interesting that people now blame the equipment someone uses for his playing style. He has a Stellan Bengston/Persson/Karakasevic grip, so whatever he does, he has to figure out how to adapt his grip to play it.

A lot of it will come down to when and how Truls decides to increase his backhand options and he has been doing so over time. It is easy to forget who he has beaten and who he has challenged, I am confident that it comes down to his backhand play, but it is not Wang Chuqin that it will show up against.

Reactions: longrange
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Despite the loss, that's the best I've seen Mima Ito play the top Chinese in a long while.
She's not played the top Chinese in a while to be fair, and their attention has been on managing Hayata, Hirano and Harimoto in the past year.

This was a chance to surprise WMY, but I guess by the third game WMY figured out a way to grind out the win like she always does.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Timo, age 43, appears in better physical shape than Liang Jingkun, age 27.

Why the CNT would allow that is beyond me.
Don't be fooled, there are reports of Timo having the same injury he had in Houston. And the longer this game goes on, the better for Liang. Timo will get tired after all this whether he wins this game or not.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Yeah, but it is amazing how hard it is for her to stably win points when they start rallying with her. After game 3, you felt the match had a foregone conclusion.
If she can improve her stamina and be slightly more selective on her smashes, I think she can win a bo5. It's difficult though for her not to smash out of force of habit because she' knows she's not gonna win a loop to loop battle with WMY. It's just some of those balls are really too low to smash so she needs to be able to hold a loop rally long enough for a smashable ball. It's a fine line though.

M51

says Poly balls still suck.

M51

says Poly balls still suck.
Sep 2012
Don't be fooled, there are reports of Timo having the same injury he had in Houston. And the longer this game goes on, the better for Liang. Timo will get tired after all this whether he wins this game or not.
Yes, Timo seems to be pulling punches, but Liang Jingkun's excess weight is an eye sore and his footwork is atrocious compared to that of his teammates.

• Haha
Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Yes, Timo seems to be pulling punches, but Liang Jingkun's excess weight is an eye sore and his footwork is atrocious compared to that of his teammates.
Well, I guess the good thing is that he is still a top 5 player and 3 time world championship bronze medalist. At a certain point, you have to accept what you are and just make the best of it. He is fit relative to prior versions of himself yet people still fat shame him on the Internet even when he is playing extremely well. His weight also factors into the physical quality of his shots, especially his backhand, so it isn't all bad, so people will focus on what they want to focus on.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
This kind of attitude is fundamentally incompatible with professional athleticism.
If you say so. Professional athleticism is fundamentally evolutionary, so you have to build upon what already exists, anyone who has followed the career of Liang Jingkun knows that this is close to the best physical shape he has ever been in. But people who just want to talk without knowing the history of the player can say whatever suits them.

Jan 2018
She's not played the top Chinese in a while to be fair, and their attention has been on managing Hayata, Hirano and Harimoto in the past year.

This was a chance to surprise WMY, but I guess by the third game WMY figured out a way to grind out the win like she always does.
And WMY was under higher pressure. Losing has consequences now, incurring points deduction.

Ito is no longer as threatening as she was last cycle, barely beating Szocs at WTTC 2024. She can't play at this intensity for long.