SDC Handmade Blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I can only say that Sergio is a person with a big heart and a perfect professional. Like anyone, he can go through difficult times. I would like to add that he always thinks about us and our satisfaction. I don't mind paying him whatever money it takes because what you get from him is a unique blade that is also made with enthusiasm and love. A big hug to Sergio and the members of the forum.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Sorry.

Hello again, as you know Sergio's job is to make us happy with his blades. I have realized that he does not work to earn money or do business. His greatest hope is to make us happy. The result of work like this is priceless. Like all people, he has gone through a bad time, as he told us. As a customer, I encourage forum members to order many sheets. The waiting time is worth it. Good morning. PS I don't have any commercial interest, but I do want to try to help good people and Sergio has shown me that that's how it is. And this forum is also full of good people.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hola de nuevo, como sabéis el trabajo de Sergio es hacernos felices con sus palas.
Me he dado cuenta que él no trabaja para ganar dinero ni hacer negocios. Su mayor esperanza es hacernos felices. El resultado de un trabajo como este no tiene precio. Como todas las personas, ha pasado por un mal momento, según nos contó.
Como cliente, animo a los miembros del foro a pedir muchas hojas. El tiempo de espera vale la pena.
Buen día.
PD: No tengo ningún interés comercial, pero sí quiero intentar ayudar a la gente de bien y Sergio me ha demostrado que así es. Y este foro también está lleno de buena gente.

In case anyone wanted an English translation since this is a English language forum; google translates the above to:

"Hello again, as you know Sergio's job is to make us happy with his shovels.
I have realized that he does not work to earn money or do business. His greatest hope is to make us happy. The result of work like this is priceless. Like all people, he has gone through a bad time, as he told us.
As a customer, I encourage forum members to order many sheets. The waiting time is worth it.
Good day.
PS: I don't have any commercial interest, but I do want to try to help good people and Sergio has shown me that that's how it is. And this forum is also full of good people."

Reactions: Haraold
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I can only say that Sergio is a person with a big heart and a perfect professional. Like anyone, he can go through difficult times. I would like to add that he always thinks about us and our satisfaction. I don't mind paying him whatever money it takes because what you get from him is a unique blade that is also made with enthusiasm and love. A big hug to Sergio and the members of the forum.
Thank you a lot for your words Khimmi, a big hug to you too 🙂

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
That's right, I'm proud to announce the beginning of SDC Handmade Shovels! Gardening, construction, you name it... I will build you the perfect custom shovel 😁

Yeah, all I did was use Google Translate. I did like that it translated whatever word Khimmi used for blade or racket as Shovel. You do make great shovels.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
1000056520.jpg

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Potentially yes -- though it depends on just how dense the combined wood & composites in your blade really are, where they are located, and what frequency range they're vibrating at.

To clarify -- To control vibration, what you actually want is a big difference in average density between the handle scales, and the rest of the blade's wood sandwich on the whole.

Hi Sergio, this writeup comes from the Aussie blademaker Wakibatt. He suggest a hardwood handle might lower the vibrations on the blade i got of you.
Do you share his ideas ?

Attachments

• IMG20240407120309.jpg
    IMG20240407120309.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 24
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Potentially yes -- though it depends on just how dense the combined wood & composites in your blade really are, where they are located, and what frequency range they're vibrating at.

To clarify -- To control vibration, what you actually want is a big difference in average density between the handle scales, and the rest of the blade's wood sandwich on the whole.

Hi Sergio, this writeup comes from the Aussie blademaker Wakibatt. He suggest a hardwood handle might lower the vibrations on the blade i got of you.
Do you share his ideas ?
The theory is correct, to stop vibrations from propagating you need to have a big difference in density between materials. The resonant frequency depends on mass, if you change the mass you change the natural frequency it vibrates at. In practice, this is more of a romantic idea... There are a lot of vibration modes occurring when you strike a ball, and how the blade vibrates is dictated by the construction, materials and shape. If the vibration you are feeling is for example at the tip of your index finger, changing the handle will do absolutely nothing about it. I've made blades with low density, hollowed wood, which had virtually no vibration, but I've also made blades with solid dense wood handles that had a lot of vibration. I've also swapped from one to another on the same blade without a perceivable change in feeling.

In the case of that specific blade, the biggest reason is that it has an extremely light Ayous core. Low weight is nice and all, but it has consequences on the feeling of the blade. An inner fiber blade with 83g and a balance of 2.4cm isn't common at all, but that low density core is also less stable. If the handle pieces were completely solid then I would say that there wasn't that could be done, BUT! they are indeed slightly hollowed. I still don't think it will make a big difference, but a dense handle might help to tame some of those vibration modes.

Reactions: bobpuls
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
The theory is correct, to stop vibrations from propagating you need to have a big difference in density between materials. The resonant frequency depends on mass, if you change the mass you change the natural frequency it vibrates at. In practice, this is more of a romantic idea... There are a lot of vibration modes occurring when you strike a ball, and how the blade vibrates is dictated by the construction, materials and shape. If the vibration you are feeling is for example at the tip of your index finger, changing the handle will do absolutely nothing about it. I've made blades with low density, hollowed wood, which had virtually no vibration, but I've also made blades with solid dense wood handles that had a lot of vibration. I've also swapped from one to another on the same blade without a perceivable change in feeling.

In the case of that specific blade, the biggest reason is that it has an extremely light Ayous core. Low weight is nice and all, but it has consequences on the feeling of the blade. An inner fiber blade with 83g and a balance of 2.4cm isn't common at all, but that low density core is also less stable. If the handle pieces were completely solid then I would say that there wasn't that could be done, BUT! they are indeed slightly hollowed. I still don't think it will make a big difference, but a dense handle might help to tame some of those vibration modes.
😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒 we are not amused