Saudi Smash 2024

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Interesting only WCQ (MS, XD, MT) and FZD (MS, MT) are confirmed for Paris. Third person for Men's team still up for grabs. Meanwhile, SYS is confirmed for XD so automatically qualifies for WT. Since when does CNT announces such half rosters? Realised this is probably not the right thread.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Interesting only WCQ (MS, XD, MT) and FZD (MS, MT) are confirmed for Paris. Third person for Men's team still up for grabs. Meanwhile, SYS is confirmed for XD so automatically qualifies for WT. Since when does CNT announces such half rosters? Realised this is probably not the right thread.
People in China are speculating that this somehow caused the fallings of the several CNT players. But it is hard to believe that ML was expecting to play singles for Paris O.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Because based on the criteria initially established (and amended to exclude WYD), those are the only settled qualification competitions. ML"s saving grace for teams might just be that everyone is losing. Otherwise, I suspect his susceptibility would be a bigger issue.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2024
Amazing with Korea - Japan couple
1715069802642.png

says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
Mar 2021
Wtf happened, how did LJK, Ma Long and Lin Gaoyuan all lose prematurely?!
ML, LJK & LGY all have something in common, that is, not selected to play in Paris 2024. Curiouser and curiouser...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I enjoyed watching the long pimple defenders' matches: Ruwen Filus came so close to defeating Lin Shidong. Mukherjee and Mukherjee caused Miyu Nagasaki endless trouble, dumping her topspins into the net, but her Korean partner, Kim Nayeong (younger?), was playing a blinder. You all know the feeling - sod's law is that when the struggling player actually starts hitting a few on, the firing player's streak will suddenly come to an end! However, in this case, the young Korean/Japanese pair stayed calm and Miyu's smile after hitting the winning topspin said it all. Very tricky taking on two combination bat players in doubles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Choosikick
says Master blocker
says Master blocker
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
I don't understand how WTT has chosen Fraser Riley and the other guy as commentators....
They're constantly talking during crucial points like they're buddies watching the games by their homes drinking beer...
Not to mention Riley's awful accent and the complete ignorance of tt by the other guy...

Bobrow is by far the best commentator. He has deep knowledge of tt and his remarks are always to the point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I don't understand how WTT has chosen Fraser Riley and the other guy as commentators....
They're constantly talking during crucial points like they're buddies watching the games by their homes drinking beer...
Not to mention Riley's awful accent and the complete ignorance of tt by the other guy...

Bobrow is by far the best commentator. He has deep knowledge of tt and his remarks are always to the point.
They are not close to Adam (Adam went as far as to form relationships with players and learn languages), but they are not that uninformed and I don't hate their vibe. The other play-by-play guy has been commentating TT for years and amongst all the guys who don't really understand TT, he is the best to be honest. Maybe I am making excuses for bad commentators but he is the one guy who actually seems to enjoy the sport amongst the guys who don't understand it and has some familiarity with the players, even if simulated. He understands the magnitude of many moments far better than the other non-technical commentators.

Fraser makes points that are above his pay grade (or really, suspected playing level) but he comes up with interesting ideas, that is what the "expert" is supposed to do. It would be interesting to understand how commentators are viewed in the WTT world.

Reactions: jbvttcc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Mima Ito too fast for DHK. I thought it would be closer, but Mima would not let DHK get into her controlled spin game.
By the way, did you notice that the makeshift doubles team we were giving Hirano and Harimoto flack over losing too also beat the Chinese Taipei team 3-0?