Butterfly innerforce ZLC for a player who has been playing for 7 years and is middle-aged???

They offer me a BTF Innerforce ZlC for €100, a colleague ( he´s been playing for 35 years )who does not master it. He bought a viscaria and he is delighted.
I have been working with a Yinhe pro01 for some time. It does everything very well. It seems like a good offer to me,
I'm going to try it and they're already telling me: "that vibrates a lot, you're not going to control that cannon.
" The best definition I have heard about my teammates in the national first division comes from another older man who spends his hours watching and reading like me. "None of them have a fucking idea about table tennis."
My question for expert players is whether an old, but skilled player like me who likes to serve with a lot of spin and fight from very far away, could use this wood. Thank you
pd:I'm switching to carbon, but I've mostly used Korbell made in Japan, some Yinhe T11+ and now Yinhe Pro01.

BTY ZLC is normally a little faster than BTY ALC. I think it is fully controllable but its not my favorite. I like slower blades and slow rubber for FH, a little faster for BH. But if You really are a skilled player (age does not matter) like You say it is controllable, but its a preference. I used to play with a Primorac Carbon, that blade is even faster (T5000 carbon) but You can control that somewhat with a slow rubber...

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: kindof99 and Fredsp
If it's FL handled and in good condition, I'm interested for it -in case you don't buy it-
If it's FL handled and in good condition, I'm interested for it -in case you don't buy it-
Arcady, I know everyone loves her, but I'm asking. What do you know about the racket?

says Master blocker
says Master blocker
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
Arcady, I know everyone loves her, but I'm asking. What do you know about the racket?
Personally, I like it a lot and I think it has a good ratio of speed vs control, perfect for blocking and mid distance game. Each player however has his own style & preferences.

But since you are going to try the blade before you buy it, it shoudn't matter what me or anybody else says.

Reactions: Fredsp
says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
I have played with innerforce layer zlc for some time. My first carbon blade - it’s really good if you like to do spiny serves, and it has some sort of woody feeling. My consistency and power are increasing with this blade. I liked it a lot. It has a lot of vibration - so feedback is nice ( some league players told me that they didn’t like amount of vibration - too much for them - for me it was on point )

Reactions: Fredsp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Innerforce ZLC is a fair bit slower and more controllable then an outer ALC like a Viscaria. I use a Franziska inner ZLC and find it much easier to play consistently with compared to my Viscaria and other outer ALC blades I have.

So to answer your question I think if paired with decent rubbers you would have no issue with it and may find it a good step up from all wood.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
What I do to select a blade for testing (if I'm not purely EJing ;)) is read some reviews to get an idea how this blade could play but more importantly I go to ttgearlab.com and look up the numbers if TTGearLab has measured this blade. Ep = primary elasticity index (basically speed), Ec = central elasticity index (speed when hitting hard) and more importantly the quotient Ec/Ep. Ec/Ep < 1 means that the blade "holds" the ball when hitting hard, Ec/Ep < 0.9 means deep hold. Ec/Ep > 1 and the blade will provide an extra kick when hitting hard (catapult or whatever we may call that).

InnerForce ZLC 89.8g avg weight: Ep 1.9, Ec 1.73, Ec/Ep = 0.91
Viscaria current 87.1g avg weight: Ep 2.02, Ec 1.92, Ec/Ep = 0.95
Korbel Japan 88.7g avg weight: Ep 1.54, Ec 1.27, Ec/EP = 0.82
Much closer to the Korbel in terms of holding the ball but faster would be a Hurricane Long 5X: Ep 1.86, Ec 1.54, Ec/Ep = 0.83
Other blades in this deep hold range are the Yinhe M201 Ec/Ep = 0.83 (inner carbon), DHS TG506A Ec/Ep = 0.84 (outer carbon), Stiga Carbonado, Dynasty Carbon and Legacy Carbon (all outer carbon, some a bit faster, some way faster than a Korbel) or Yinhe V14 Pro Ec/Ep = 0.86. Also way faster but with a similar hold Timo Boll Spirit/ALC Ec/Ep = 0.83

Yinhe Pro01 was also one of the blades I considered buying but after reading that this blade has more "catapult" than a V14Pro I didn't try one.

In short: If I wanted just a Korbel with more oomph I would not get an InnerForce ZLC.