This user has no status.
I wish you guys put more effort training for the TTD Meetup in September 😌
Thanks for jogging my memory.
I remember the death threats to Harimoto at the Mixed Team World Cup but the mod NextLevel decided to move anything about those death threats/racism into a seperate thread which I disagree with, even Tony and others who commented in that thread disagree as well with the posts being move.
Even though it had nothing to do with the actual matches/outcome of those matches it was still something that happened at the Mixed Team World Cup that should not have been moved to another thread as it was still related to the events that happened at the Mixed Team World Cup.
When CIC experience inappropriate touching at the WTTTC 2026 did the mods move the posts to a different thread, NO but all of the sudden when it’s about racism or the death threats that was directed at the Harimotos the mod, Nextlevel decided to move those posts to a different thread.
This was the reason why Tony was annoyed with the posts being moved and I understand why he was feeling that way.
Communication is key here - If someone feels unheard, or if they see something unjust, just message any of us - If you don't like me, message NL or Dan.
Which is exactly what I raised in another thread and guess what? I got threatened by private message in this instance...You beat me to it!
When I saw OP and posts moved, I was like déjà vu.
I think Tony was more upset on why the posts was moved to his thread about Olympics without his approval, than the actual moving of posts. All of his complaints was deleted by mods.
So with all these mod features of moving and deleting posts…. Imagine when it gets into the wrong hands - not saying the mods here are evil, but a lot of content can be fabricated to fit certain narratives.
I guess we all choose to signup to this.
Communication is key.
Tony showed posts of him messaging you, Carl and Dan. I know a few of us here saw the screenshots. Did anyone get back to him?
According to Tony’s last message, Dan/Carl would private message him to deescalate or request to move posts or even ask him to start threads on content he shared on Facebook but not on the forum.
In steps new mods and publicly: I am a mod, you must respect me, my authority, private message me (first? and why not the other way round?), or I ban you.
Nextlevel gave his explanations of his actions afterwards.
With a bit more wisdom and deescalation goals, he could of communicated with Tony first, and tell him he is worried about the political aspect and he would like to remove certain posts to keep the peace.
Communication goes both ways.
Whoever deleted it, this is a keep for future reference.Calling a 13 year old girl useless.... that's pretty low, but I'm not even sure I can say that's a new low for you.
You have been banned for the following reason: Obviously, you think you are above moderation.. Your ban will be lifted on Nov 24, 2025 at 1:00 PM.
It is interesting how you present Carl's perspective, Carl was one of the closest friends I made on this web board. I will leave it at that.You beat me to it!
When I saw OP and posts moved, I was like déjà vu.
I think Tony was more upset on why the posts was moved to his thread about Olympics without his approval, than the actual moving of posts. All of his complaints was deleted by mods.
So with all these mod features of moving and deleting posts…. Imagine when it gets into the wrong hands - not saying the mods here are evil, but a lot of content can be fabricated to fit certain narratives.
I guess we all choose to signup to this.
Communication is key.
Tony showed posts of him messaging you, Carl and Dan. I know a few of us here saw the screenshots. Did anyone get back to him?
According to Tony’s last message, Dan/Carl would private message him to deescalate or request to move posts or even ask him to start threads on content he shared on Facebook but not on the forum.
In steps new mods and publicly: I am a mod, you must respect me, my authority, private message me (first? and why not the other way round?), or I ban you.
Nextlevel gave his explanations of his actions afterwards.
With a bit more wisdom and deescalation goals, he could of communicated with Tony first, and tell him he is worried about the political aspect and he would like to remove certain posts to keep the peace.
Communication goes both ways.
This is why I believe things should be discuss publicly so other users can chime in. The mods could easily change the narrative to fit their agenda like the whole Tony situation.In steps new mods and publicly: I am a mod, you must respect me, my authority, private message me (first? and why not the other way round?), or I ban you.
@pongfugrasshopper deleted his post the first time, either before or after he reported yours (the details elude me). Then you made the post bringing it back the first time,. When I deleted the first post, I said that your post had been reported and was under review. Despite that you reposted it a second time. Maybe you didn't see the message, and if so, it is unfortunate. Though I am confident you did because you added a statement saying "I guess it is clear who is low here" and reposted the same post.. Then I deleted the post again.Which is exactly what I raised in another thread and guess what? I got threatened by private message in this instance...
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...ry-comments-fit-to-be-a-mod.38427/post-552556
p.s.
And here is pongfugrasshopper's post and my initial reply, and the ban message...
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...s-2025-cluj-napoca-11-23-30.38203/post-552128
Whoever deleted it, this is a keep for future reference.
I guess the tide has turned now that it becomes clear what had been happening behind the scene.This is why I believe things should be discuss publicly so other users can chime in. The mods could easily change the narrative to fit their agenda like the whole Tony situation.
I really wish you could be a moderator.This is why I believe things should be discuss publicly so other users can chime in. The mods could easily change the narrative to fit their agenda like the whole Tony situation.
I think Tony was also annoyed about having to message the mods first about any issues or I ban you rule that Nextlevel created but that rule was not even discussed with Dan and Carl beforehand.
That's a fair proposal - send it to Dan. Are there any other issues you want to bring up since I have presented my side of the issues which you have raised so far?I guess the tide has turned now that it becomes clear what had been happening behind the scene.
I propose NextLevel be removed from the moderation team. He is not fit for the job. The image of the mods has been tarnished.
I decided to leave the forum because I found the treatment of Tony by the Mods to be unacceptable, and against the interests of the Forum Members.
I did wonder what impact the new mod regime might have on the choice of moderator for the future.
I feel that moderators whoever they are, who have not been capable of making peace, and bringing Tony back are missing the point of their job.
It's not to rule with an Iron fist, but rather to moderate.!!! This requires an attitude of flexibility and humility on the part of the mod
The forum needs interesting posters and tolerant Mods more than ever.
I am 77 so I can not volunteer.
I have a feeling that if one person stepped back for a period of reflection things might improve.
It takes two to tango. This drive for truth wouldn't have been forcefully initiated if some of the members here never pushed things beyond what was necessary. It's the culmination of years of exchanges. 冰封三尺,非一日之寒。And as for zeio, he is also absolutely exceptional, I know we mostly not capable of reading all his facts, but we can recognize that the forum without him would simply be different. Very special. YET, and here it comes, I do think he comes from very rich culture (about which I don't know much), but I have no doubt it is as rich as Indian culture or Iranian culture, I with all respect to him, I think the effect of his drive for "truth" comes short, it doesn't reach what I'd like him to express, and I wish it will come... From whom else???
latej said:Sometimes I dislike when Tony fights zeio, it often feels like it is coming from Tony, and zeio is defending, and I always asked why the h... Tony needs this. He is accomplished world-known useful trainer, why he does this. It is almost like he himself is not convinced that he is valuable...
But banning him or TTD without Tony - NO WAY!
It takes two to tango. This drive for truth wouldn't have been forcefully initiated if some of the members here never pushed things beyond what was necessary. It's the culmination of years of exchanges. 冰封三尺,非一日之寒。
If I may quote your post on my interaction with Tony's Table Tennis.
I'm not here to "enlighten" people. Like I told you back in 3/2026, I'm just doing what the late Lee Kuan Yew projected in an interview during a visit to Hong Kong in the early to mid 90s.I agree, but/and it's not at all in a contradiction with my wish... I may have took your side, but after a while, it doesn't matter, the sides doesn't matter... There are no sides... These are the thing I long for you to express in a way of your culture... Things like say in Indian culture the Ramana Maharshi or later Nisargadatta Maharaj express, but in the way of your culture.
At the same time, perhaps it is useless from me to wish things like that, in the sense that things simply happen... Whatever is happening, we are the happening of it...
Shine said:Well you're not the most civil member on her, so that's rich from you
At this point, his retire rant seems more like a insider joke to me, I don't pay it much attention since it's not gonna have any bearing on the trajectory of the player's career
Shine said:You are not bereft of using the forum for your needs or agendas. That's for sure.
You've spent time building deliberate rightful serious critique of the institutions, and seemingly insidious but blatantly unnecessary plus immature disapproval of certain people because they don't act in a "normal" way the rest of the world apparently work.
Zeio's agenda here is to bring information from the east to the west, along with his eccentricities and his talking points. His agenda is playful, childish and emotional. Yours in many ways is political and confrontational.
He sees himself as some authority because of his access to information with viable and verifiable links ( from the players, their coaches and insights from the media on the players' lives). He doesn't just harken back to what some coach scrunched up somewhere thinks, which frankly shouldn't be held in higher regard than what fans think, mainly because we can't even verify the authenticity of these coaches.
How will this civilization change
only through extensive contact with the rest of the world
a new generation or perhaps two new generations of educated people
in contact with the West
arguing with Asians, with Americans, with Africans, with Latin Americans
and slowly becoming world citizens
I'm not here to "enlighten" people.
and
Lee Kuan Yew: ... arguing with Asians, with Americans, with Africans, with Latin Americans
and slowly becoming world citizens