Search results

  1. Is Chinese TT just going to go downhill from here?

    I’m not GenZ but this surely resonates with me whenever I lose against a grandpa haha. “Why on the earth do I train so hard”
  2. Is Chinese TT just going to go downhill from here?

    I think if you take into account the entirety of all TT competitions (weighted for importance) and look at how many are won by the Chinese national team… they’re still very much dominant. It only makes sense to lose a bit of your dominance if your best and third best players stop simultaneously.
  3. Drills for spinny, high backspin balls?

    Yeah, I always try to picture the difference of a slap (flat hit) and a punch (full body rotation drive). I know I need to fully commit, advance and drive through the ball otherwise it's better to push.
  4. Drills for spinny, high backspin balls?

    For the drill, serve long top or empty and ask your friend to chop. This should do the trick.
  5. Europe Smash Sweden August 14-24 2025

    80 years is clearly stretching it, 2025-80=1945 = end of World War II which left "the West" in ruins. I do agree that we have a priviledge based on where we grew up compared to most parts of the world.
  6. How to deal with high risk strategies

    Ok thank you all for responding. I replayed the match in my head and concluded the main issue was indeed placement (and maybe fatigue but that's no excuse). I did not put pressure on my opponent in open play and expected him to make mistakes. This in turn made me passive and reactive so I was...
  7. How to deal with high risk strategies

    So things I have tried over multiple matches and seasons with different rates of succes : Turn my racket, inspired by the goat. (I played very diferent FH and BH rubbers at that time) Serve simple backhand underspin short to the middle of the table, just play the rally from there don't rely...
  8. How to deal with high risk strategies

    Thanks that could help.
  9. How to deal with high risk strategies

    I mean, well yes very fair assessment. Nonetheless, I recognize it happening but am unable to combat it. So I'm looking for a strategy (conceptual).
  10. How to deal with high risk strategies

    Well I actually think the first few he just got lucky, big swing and hit.. But after that I reacted the wrong way trying to force it, more arc, more spin, more energy. But all of that did not increase my shot quality at all lost my consistency and I started doubting myself, so I choked. So my...
  11. How to deal with high risk strategies

    I recently faced a challenging match scenario that I believe many of you might have encountered. I was playing against an objectifly weaker opponent and managed to dominate the first two sets, going 2-0 up. However, my opponent then switched to a high-risk, high-reward strategy, and...
  12. Part 2/4 of myself playing against Former Mexico no3. Enjoy this YouTube clip

    There are a few things to consider. Don’t approach a chop as if you “must” win a point outright by attacking. More important is placement there’s no shame in pushing à heavy backspin Yes Chops are often heavy backspin, so depending on your level, you should only attempt to open up a chop...
  13. 50/50 match despite opponents level

    Well there’s also a factor to consider, skill level does not equal rating level at all… When playing for something, even something as silly as rating points, stress and pressure take another dimension completely.
  14. What's the reason you guys want to change your equipment (blade and rubbers)?

    Butterfly released a series of blades carrying my name (minus 1 letter)
  15. i dont think chinese rubbers do most people any favours

    I feel the argument “if no one around you plays Chinese rubbers, no one can help you develop” holds some truth though. I very briefly tried Chinese rubbers but could not physically, and I experienced something along those lines. My teammates tried to advise me but their advice was way more...
  16. Pongbot Nova S Pro owners' review and discussion thread

    I haven’t tried but it should be possible to use the robot with the remote control no?
  17. I can't play table tennis when the opponent is humiliating himself and talks to himself just to get some magical powers. Are they mentally ill?

    It's called externalising. Since you need to be calm to play well, some or most people benefit from venting after going through emotions/stress. See it as a sort of reset after a point. The problem is when externalising becomes too present, or frustration turns sour.
  18. Best way to return short no-spin serve?

    You normally try to flick these types of serves. However variation is key.
  19. How to handle very spiny loops?

    2 very good tips right there. I’d add, try to not be tense
  20. Who Knew Romain Ruiz Was a Table Tennis Artist?

    He played well in the French national championship. Got to the semifinal where he got overclassed by Felix
Top