Search results

  1. Does training with a certain ball matter?

    Anyway, if your shot selection is not good, the ball doesn’t matter. The only obvious importance of type of table and ball, in my opinion for amateurs up to intermediates, is when you try to serve short. Or more generally when you try to keep the game closed. It’s much harder on faster tables...
  2. ITTF Men's and Women's World Cup Macao 2025, 4/14-20

    if I remember correctly he just decided to not play league games next season. It is very well possible that this decision liberated him from quite some pressure.
  3. Switching from YSE to Ma Lin Carbon

    To me yes, feels similar in my hand
  4. Switching from YSE to Ma Lin Carbon

    I play YSE coming down from a ma lin carbon, and I can confirm that to me they feel very similar in the hand. I think your analysis is spot on if sweet spot is what you’re searching for. Be sure to match the weight though my ma lin carbon is 93 grams and my YSE 82
  5. Need help finding a good all to off- blade (carbon preferred)

    Or the normal Carbon. I play my matches with the Sweden extra, and also have a ma lin carbon, I feel they are very close in how they feel in my hand.
  6. Best Blade(s) to use Against pimples

    I find playing pips players an excellent benchmark for my ability to control my equipment. If I overshoot a lot , means I need to slow down and if I can’t pass the net I need to increase the speed.
  7. How should I return short and low no spin serves that come to my backhand other than pushing them long or slowly flicking them being left handed?

    I’d say any return that doesn’t set up your opponents game is good to a short serve. I always start with a preferred return. Lowest percentage of direct mistakes. Then if they do attack my preferred return I try to augment the quality of that return. (Placement, height, deception) and add variety.
  8. Do these things happen in the club where you play table tennis?

    it can happen that someone playing in the higher teams of our club requests playing on a specific table for the simple reason that he will play a match later the weekend on that same table
  9. Is it harder to learn to play table tennis or guitar

    I know table tennis is a whole lot more frustrating than playing guitar hahahaha. You cannot really lose playing guitar.
  10. Will Butterfly give LSD his own blade?

    You need to take into consideration the time for development and promotion this imposes on the player. He or his management might simply not want it.
  11. Your favorite shadow footwork drills?

    Backhand, pivot, forehand. Repeat
  12. Controlling posture/height

    Normally you should focus on legs and core strength. Check out peak performance table tennis for the best exercises for these groups of muscles. The rest is conditioning, have your training partner actively coach you. Just a “stay low” whenever you missed a shot because you came up.
  13. I finally won match against my LP boss

    I find that playing against long pips is an excellent benchmark for new equipment in relation to your own skill level. With all the rhythm changes and awkward placements. For me it just sounds like you were playing with a paddle you could more easily control. Also probably you gave a lot less...
  14. Let us talk about the mental / psychology aspect of the game.

    Yes, to me the answer is training. And applying your training in matches.
  15. Does Wang Chuqin deserve the No. 1 Spot in the 2024 Year-End Rankings?

    The exact reason why the number one deserves to be there
  16. How to play at - 0:0 vs once either player hits 7 and how to play at 9 all

    I adapt my strategies to how I feel and to my opponent of course. Try to forget the score
  17. Does Wang Chuqin deserve the No. 1 Spot in the 2024 Year-End Rankings?

    I feel that on the wtt list the person coming in first at the end of the year deserves it. You need to win to gain points. More impressive so if it’s Wang since he got almost no points from the olympics or the Asian championships. Best player of the year for me is Fan no doubt. Lin will have...
  18. WTT Finals Fukuoka 2024, 11/20-24

    There was no round of 32 this time so perfect tournament for him
Top