Search results

  1. What is a compact stroke?

    Yesterday, I tried playing about half a foot further back than usual giving myself more time before hitting the ball. It worked like a charm! The extra milliseconds forced me to delay my shot slightly, and this has improved my game. My drives and topspins landed on the other side of the table...
  2. What is a compact stroke?

    This might work. Normally, I'm able to topspin (both topspin and backspin) if I let the ball drop slightly first instead of hitting it earlier. Unfortunately, my muscles don't seem to reflect this knowledge against stronger players, as there's a strong tendency in my brain to hit the ball as...
  3. What is a compact stroke?

    It happens when I play against someone better than me at the club but not when I play against the kids who train there and those of similar level. My goal is to stay relaxed and avoid rushing even when playing against stronger opponents, even if I lose.
  4. What is a compact stroke?

    You're right. This happens to me all the time! I can topspins with great quality when I'm relaxed during practice. But in a match, my body tenses up and I forget everything! I focus too much on hitting the ball hard, and the worst part is my reflexes get ahead of me then I hit the ball too early...
  5. What is a compact stroke?

    I completely agree with this. However, over time, even trained table tennis players without an athletic background can develop the skill. IMO
  6. What is a compact stroke?

    So it's like Bruce Lee one-inch punch :)
  7. What is a compact stroke?

    Thanks. That makes very much sense.
  8. What is a compact stroke?

    I came across a comment on YouTube advising elderly players to play a compact stroke, similar to Timo Ball, in order to conserve energy during the game. The video is about lifting (topspin) backspin balls. What is a compact stroke? Is there any such thing as a compact stroke?
  9. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    Because FZD was mentally strong, and he got focused at that crucial moment, contrary to Alexis,. IMHO.
  10. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    But for the women's championship, the final were real.
  11. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    The SF (CHN vs KOR) was the highlight of the championships.
  12. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    Ma Long racket is getting tested. Hmm...
  13. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    The 4th set was Alexis best chance.
  14. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    I agree entirely. It seemed Cheng Meng perceived Miwa to lack the mental fortitude to secure the trophy. This stands in stark contrast to Miu Hirano's performance throughout the tournament. Hirano displayed unwavering confidence and exceptional mental fortitude. Had she faced Cheng Meng, her...
  15. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    It's interesting to consider what the result might have been if Hirano was the 1st/2nd players. While we understand the desire to give Miwa an opportunity, an experienced player like Hirano could have handled the pressure and mental demands of such a crucial match. Miu Hirano's past experience...
  16. WTT Star Contender Goa 2024

    Hugo played aggressively in the first two sets, but seemed to run out of steam in the later ones.
  17. How to deal with short very heavy topsin

    Punch with BH works great for me, but I can't do it with FH at all! IDK why? Same rubber on both sides, it's so weird.
  18. How does Timo Boll win at his age?

    Because Mr Boll has balls!
  19. WTT Contender Doha 2024

    Timo balls vs scream ..
  20. A pathetic situation?

    Why don't you play with the ladies or kids first? Play double and just have fun! Talk to them and make some jokes while playing. It works like a charm, trust me. After a while, the men will start to give some attention. Just say hello, then ask them if you can play with one of them. Also, ask...
Top