Search results

  1. Need Pips advice for reversible penhold shenanigans

    LP all day. Penhold twiddlers are very difficult to play against. Those hard/fast push returns are nasty. Doesn't really matter what brand you choose TBH. I have used both soft sway smooth types and stiff grippy types. All of them are plenty effective enough to mess with the minds of mid level...
  2. 20th Asian Games Aichi-Nagoya 2026, 9/19-10/4

    Starting to think @zeio is actually George Galloway.
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Basically.
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Great to read all your comments from the meet up. Sounds like a blast.
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I think G1 will be too much loop monster for me. Sounds great If that’s your game though. Intrigued by the C-1 at the moment but how do I wear this Rakza out? Gotta hit the table, drop it in volcanic dust, maybe leave it outside by accident.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Does it wear off regardless of whether you play frequently? I only play once or sometimes Twice a week
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I fancy trying the C-1 as an alternative to the Rakza 7 I’m currently using. Sounds like it would be.a bit better in the short game. Not that Rakza is terrible. It’s a a good rubber just I struggle to serve and push short with it. Gotta use it for 6 months first though. No way I’m chucking out...
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Wins only today. Playing high school players and one university player. I was able to confuse them with service variation and long pip nastiness and also to counter loop cross table into wide open spaces or at leat fine touch over the ball when they attacked to my forehand. I sucked in the 1st...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Not sure about that hitting the label thing. All I can say is watch the ball all the way to the bat. It's a real basic but if you are having such miss-hits maybe it's necessary to have a period of doing that really deliberately? Or maybe you are also overestimating how far you need to shuffle...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Great post. I can relate to all of it and agree that finding your style is way more significant than nervous equipment tinkering. That is a luxury to be enjoyed after you establish who you are as a player. So long as your bat is not egregiously inappropriate, focus on the footwork, technique...
  11. Comparing BF Tenergy 25-FX (1.7mm) vs. Nittaku Fastarc C-1 (1.8mm)

    Yeah. I would not put 1.8 modern rubbers on a carbon. They bottom out easily and I like that on wood but not so much on carbon. Admittedly my sample size is very small though.
  12. Comparing BF Tenergy 25-FX (1.7mm) vs. Nittaku Fastarc C-1 (1.8mm)

    For me this sounds excellent. I want good touch in the short game and push loopability. I’m gonna order one soon. By the descriptions I probably should have gone with this rather than Rakza 7 recently but I was curious about the Rakza. Rakza suits my block game perfectly but not so much the...
  13. Comparing BF Tenergy 25-FX (1.7mm) vs. Nittaku Fastarc C-1 (1.8mm)

    I'm thinking of trying the C-1 on a SWAT carbon blade I have in storage. Sounds a good fit.
  14. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    Probably not available. 7 certainly is. Hence my statement, '1.8 or 2.0 Rakza rubbers.'
  15. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    I also thought this sound like a thickness issue. I don’t see people missing long much with 2.0 or 1.8 Rakza rubbers.
  16. Hello from China

    Maybe I’ll visit soon. It’s easy to visit from Japan. What a dream. To play TT in China or Sweden.
  17. From Fastarc G1 to Hybrid

    Thinking of putting a G-1 or a C-1 on a carbon Swat blade. My main concern is throw height. Carbon seems way lower than my beloved 5-ply. I thought maybe switch to one of these instead of Rakza 7 to get some extra lift? Reasonable?
  18. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    Not limited to that. Choking can be cognitive and/or neurophysiological and can even be ongoing in a player who performs terribly for an entire match. Think of a person who loses 6-0 6-0 on their center court debut at Wimbledon. It is absolutely a choke and they never got anywhere near parity or...
  19. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    Anyone remember Donic Shangri-La. Old skool hybrid right there.
Top