Search results

  1. Everything about Receiving - Share your Tips and Tricks

    Get long pimples and sweep everything.
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Was thinking the same. Not that I’d ever abuse AI. Scurrilous behavior.
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Oh wow. I’ve never tried any of these. If I fail I’ll just claim I didn’t get round to it.
  4. Post your latest EJ purchase

    My first Ali purchase was some carbon MTB handlebars. I immediately regretted it and was ashamed at my stupidity. If they snap, I'm gonna faceplant going down a mountain. Not good. But yes, price is a good indicator and Ali does honestly have a reliable returns policy. So far at least.
  5. Forehand swing/stroke

    Good on you for sharing. It takes bravery and an open mind. I made some comments above and hope they are helpful. I might upload too, but it'll be heavily edited and the editing will be strongly ego based.
  6. Forehand swing/stroke

    I also though that the core torque is a bit too dominant and that if the right calf started the movement it would be require less of it. Then he'd be more on his toes too so would need to balance the psuh off by using the left foot forefoot to pivot and recover. However, In a match situation you...
  7. Rubber recommendations for a counter-attacker

    FH rubbers I've used this year were Friendship Focus 3 snipe 2.1 and Yasaka Rakza 7 soft 1.8. Both superb for counter hitting but different. Snipe is slow and has a break in period, then gets old pretty quick. Most people like it for BH. The control is phenomenal. Rakza 7 soft is an absolute...
  8. Rubber recommendations for a counter-attacker

    I'm a counter hitter mainly and have used Hammond. Honestly it was horrible. Not much spin or control which is actually necessary to grab the ball on positive blocks and flat hits. No arc. Flies long. Just a nightmare to play with really. I still use the Hammond short pips though. I like small...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Oh! Lovely places. You must be high level then. I’m just decent. Never got up to the higher echelons but love the game still. I wish I had my current skill level at 20. Youth is wasted on the young as they say.
  10. Post your latest EJ purchase

    Even if we are at a decent level there is still a benefit to the humility of under batting. You at least get to do the thnigs you are capable of doing. Over batting is the most wasteful way to lose.
  11. Post your latest EJ purchase

    Here is your level. Now we are even
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It's wonderful to hear. I think we were all waiting for Sweden to come back. I was personally sceptical about Falck and his FH pips, Def. V. good, but Truls is a one off. Real must watch sportsman. Where were you in England? I was in Cambridgeshire, near Grantham.
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    How's the TT scene in Sweden? I'm part Swedish but have never visited. It's a dream of mine to go there. Would be so easy from England but from where I am now it's so far and expensive. If I ever go there should I take a bat? Are clubs open and friendly to outsiders?
  14. A better forum via better moderation

    I sought this place out recently because mma is full of whinging whiners who can’t see other people’s positions and tennis just a disturbing incel fest. Would be great if TT proves a bit more grown up. I do think it will. I agree with the guy up there who said you’ve given air to the...
  15. A better forum via better moderation

    Absolutely. No way I’d be a moderator. FK that. How can you please everyone? And some folk are always gonna be making mountains out of molehills.
  16. A better forum via better moderation

    I could if I wanted to. 😂 But yes. I have always turned most of my hobbies into jobs so it helps me to justify them. Music, cooking, language study and TT all paid me back. MTB I’m not good enough at. It’s a pure hobby. I also play tennis to a good level but TT better fundamentals. Current...
  17. A better forum via better moderation

    I like tinned sardines. Often eat them with salad on toast for breakfast when I'm camping. I sleep in my car once or twice a week. It's part of the joys of MTBing. When they are in season I also enjoy them fresh. They are very cheap indeed. And to reiterate. Just salt, grill and squeeze over...
  18. A better forum via better moderation

    Someone moderate this guy. He’s against salted fish with lemon. That’s like hating loop blocking practice. It’s a basic enjoyment that can’t be improved.
  19. A better forum via better moderation

    Off topic. Flagged. No, finned. To answer though, no. Just salt, grill and squeeze the lemon.
Top