Search results

  1. Your Form; wins and learning experiences.

    Practiced a lot against other LP players today. One all round modern defense guy was very helpful. We practiced push/chop only rallies and I came to understand that I have to really chop down on a LP push if I'm gonna push it at all (in reality I'd attack most of the time). It is quite...
  2. Rubber recommendations for a counter-attacker

    I like to wear stuff out before changing. Especially as what I have isn't awful
  3. Rubber recommendations for a counter-attacker

    No idea. There are loads of them here and they are all 47 and a bit overweight but know exactly how to win. Occasionally I can concentrate hard enough to force a win but my gosh they know what they are doing.,
  4. Rubber recommendations for a counter-attacker

    I want to accidentally snap a pimple or two to have an excuse to try it
  5. Rubber recommendations for a counter-attacker

    Yes, I can really attack a defender with these 955 pips especially. A penhold twiddler with LP though is still a nightmare for me
  6. Rubber recommendations for a counter-attacker

    Have you tried Yinhe Neptune? I switched from P3v to 955 0.7 recently. It's definitely got some excellent properties but very stiff and fast. I'm thinking the Neptune will be a really good tweener.
  7. Rubber recommendations for a counter-attacker

    It is so fun. Unless of course you meet another LP player. In that case I tend to bash hard at their pips using my pips
  8. Rubber recommendations for a counter-attacker

    I get that impression. Most rubbers are not good for chop so far as I can see. This Rakza also not great but I can hit the table so long as the opponent is worse than me
  9. Rubber recommendations for a counter-attacker

    I'm all for chopping, but not for chopping and changing. This blade is a beauty so I'm sticking with it and will find the best rubbers to fit with it. Currently very satisfied but up for trying G-1 next time. My main game is the angles and blocks at relatively close distance. Just chop and...
  10. Rubber recommendations for a counter-attacker

    Oh gosh. I'm definitely not gonna use it now. Asahi is the best selling beer. I rest my case.
  11. Rubber recommendations for a counter-attacker

    Great info. I haven't made that step yet. Will try when I have used this one enough. I also like to chop when coaching though so I compromise a bit. G-1 OK for that?
  12. Forehand swing/stroke

    So it's the same situation in reverse.
  13. Rubber recommendations for a counter-attacker

    Sounds a good set up to me (having never used it). How is modern Coppa? was a fine rubber BITD. I always thought is mind boggling that Sriver/Mark V remained so dominant despite it's existence and Waldner's marketing.
  14. Forehand swing/stroke

    Conor is a disgusting individual but I can’t ignore how genuinely ahead of the game he was in training until he lost to substance abuse. So you do karate? My wife also. Yuru Yuru is closely related. Most Eastern disciplines follow a holistic non falsifiable philosophy but they have a strong...
  15. Rubber recommendations for a counter-attacker

    I agree about blades. I like the feel of flexy blades but honestly performance wise, this Sanwei echo is the best 5 ply I’ve ever had. No vibes but don’t need it. Control is great and it has a great overdrive when you bottom out the sponge. Soft modern rubbers seem so good to me for blocking...
  16. Rubber recommendations for a counter-attacker

    TTD's Rakza 7 review. They seem to agree it's got a real anti-miss factor and you can feel safe to really hit through incoming attacks. Highly recommend.
  17. Forehand swing/stroke

    There is a a form of relaxation/ flexibility training that my wife is into called Yuru Yuru Taiso. The movement you are describing is one its central tenets and I have come to do that as a real fundamental way to remove tension. I'm glad you know that. How did you become aware of that movement...
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    If you can do so without injury, great. Me? I need rest and variety. Always have really, regardless of age
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    25 hours a week? Jeez. I might have played 10-15 when I was 15 but gosh. Even now I play 1 or 2 90 min sessions a week and I feel progress in various areas. I think you can definitely improve if you focus on 1-3 technical, mental or tactical aspects each time.
  20. Rubber recommendations for a counter-attacker

    Probably. When I started playing again 5 or 6 years ago I only found EL. S was more of a crisp counter hitter though.
Top