Search results

  1. Pre Season Training & Matches

    Depends how much you take on board I think. You seem to have a complex thought process. Maybe take two or three simplified key points and have them in mind pre-season. I’m sure there’ll be some progress towards ironing them out. And perhaps put the other 3 bats in a frame on the wall. Or even...
  2. Pre Season Training & Matches

    You are not cooked and will perform well because you love TT and are dedicated to incremental improvement. You believe in your set up and will ignore that chatter for the rest of the season. You know that for each small miistake that this bat caused there is an equivalent winning shot it bought...
  3. Pre Season Training & Matches

    OOF. I love Germany.
  4. Classic Matches

    Yes, there are various positions and some varied evidence. Some point out that left handers don't excel in sports or dance where there is no opponent. Some point out that even inn the womb left handers exhibit better cross hemisphere processing. Difficult topic. As a fan I go with 'yes' though.
  5. Classic Matches

    I’m a part time high school teacher. Mixture of Sports/English/academics. Today I set the essay question of whether lefties have an edge in smooth motor skills. It’s a surprisingly difficult question. Instinctively we feel yes though right?
  6. Classic Matches

    You played against him as a junior? Wow. Saive indeed had incredible athleticism and I made sure to ask him about it. He said he trained and practiced 5 hours a day. I don’t remember the specifics.
  7. Classic Matches

    Woah. Fantastic attacking play fro both. Wipe out in the final game though.
  8. Classic Matches

    In this match he plays that style in general but at 1:50 he turns attacker and there's an absolute classic lob/smash battle.
  9. Classic Matches

    This was a really crazy time in TT. John Hilton winning the European title due to the black black combination bat. Absurd that they could still do that in 81. Stellan remained positive. He was the prototype for Appelgren imo. If you watch some of his other matches vs attackers he was very Appeling.
  10. Classic Matches

    Yeah. Why not. I’ve already seen Sora and Truls in some barn burners. That one where Truls won the (Singapore?) Smash with the most outrageous really of an already next level match gotta count as a classic. Let’s go.
  11. Post your latest EJ purchase

    Ahh. Fair enough. It isn’t Amazon. Definitely I can see that they might need to do that.
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Oh nice. I really want to try that. How is it? Just put 955 on my bat and it’s a good rubber but not for sweeps and nasty short blocks that I like to fluke. It’s mainly for playing in straight lines as far as I can tell atm
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Cool. I play that style too. What rubbers are you using? Pips on BH?
  14. Blades with weight balance like Viscaria(less head-heavy)

    I keep a light allround set up. Probably it's tough to do it with thick rubbers though. Most bats I pick up are way too heavy for me. I like the slightly chunky TSP handle on the SWAT. IDK if the new version's from Victas is the same. I was intrigued by the reviews on this Sanwei echo and its 7...
  15. DHS Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial 38° Blue Sponge completely unboosted how does it really play?

    Agreed. I like a rubber that I feel is bottoming out on flat hits because I feel or believe that is helping me catch the ball for a split second and then smashing through the spin will be more executable. That’s why I wanted Rakza 7 soft. I just realized though that this is not the soft...
  16. DHS Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial 38° Blue Sponge completely unboosted how does it really play?

    Hey man. I often don’t even know what rubber I’m using. Not kidding. Just it seems logical that you should try a tensor or something. Maybe Tackiness C. It’s a beauty (OK, this part I’m kidding).
  17. Dignics and its Effect on Sales of Tenergy and Rozena

    Youngsters use it as a learning rubber too.
  18. How do you guys perform a backhand topspin?

    Then pick it up and play!
  19. Alternative training techniques.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cn0y9pqe2zro
Top