Search results

  1. Classic Matches

    Yes. I haven’t watched him much but even from this I can see he was a real monster of the psych game too. Very committed.
  2. Classic Matches

    Well this is great news for me. My free hand is increasingly idle. Now I have Next Level confirmation that I can continue with my flair based play style. Unless coaching juniors of course. Then I’ll be all orthodoxy.
  3. Classic Matches

    I once gave Saive and the Belgian team a lift to Heathrow airport after a match in England. They were very nice and he signed my bat handle. Des Douglas too. He used to coach occasionally in my hometown by invitation. Such a nice chap. He was definitely many kids TT hero when we were growing up...
  4. Classic Matches

    It's just pretty unique the way it hangs there. It looks like a result of talent more than coaching is all I meant. He's awesome.
  5. Classic Matches

    This was completely unethical and against etiquette when I was a kid. When did this change?
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Oh right. Apologies for my other thread then. This is the place for discoveries and progress etc. Cool.
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I’m very nervous about sticking and cutting my own rubbers so I get another coach to do it. Back in the day I used to mess it up So bad. I’d splinter the blade or cut the rubber jagged or on an incline so the rubber face was smaller than the blade. Just inept. How are these sticky sheets you...
  8. Classic Matches

    All good with me. I might also be.
  9. Classic Matches

    I am not so sure. Athletics is the pinnacle of sports but the crowds are very patchy nowadays. Some well attended but often not. Multi sport events also not surviving well since COVID. European championships and Commonwealth games basically got the axe despite massively successful up to Covid...
  10. Classic Matches

    COVID has a lot to answer for imo. And smart phones. Bloody smart phones.
  11. Classic Matches

    All good.For future reference, I'm a normal person. Here to enjoy and celebrate sport. This is my M.O.
  12. Classic Matches

    Sheesh. I only mentioned it to pre-empt the 'oh, he wouldn't hold up in the modern era' type comments. It's a minefield here. How about we focus on the positive?
  13. Classic Matches

    I think he got it. Schlager was a brute. Absolutely brilliant. That whole match and the way he left the arena was like he beat Thomas Hearns for the MW title. Peak TT.
  14. Classic Matches

    This is a real classic. Yes Schlager's free hand isn't what you'd coach but what a killer. I am sure they'd both adapt well and compete in this era. Anyway, let's celebrate some classic old skool matches. I can't wait to see Grubba, Waldner, Ma Wenge, Tibor Klampar and more. Not Appellgren...
  15. Does anybody know this brand?

    That’s the spirit
  16. Does anybody know this brand?

    Same here fella. Brutal. I’m sure the economic climate will improve for us soon. Gonna have to stop wasting money on rent and electricity bills though
  17. Does anybody know this brand?

    Why not try? There’s hipster points up for grabs here.
Top