Search results

  1. Alternative to smelly Chinese rubbers

    So just find a booster that doesn't smell then :D And most of them don't. Also, I think you're stereotyping a bit since you say Chinese rubbers which includes tens if not hundreds of different rubbers out there.
  2. Is it worth serving short ? - for amateurs

    I would say it's always worth serving shorts, if you can keep the spin on the ball. If you can't, any serve will be the same since it's just as easy to hit it back no matter where it lands (unless somehow you manage to land on the edge).
  3. Alternative to smelly Chinese rubbers

    True, I know how smells can be very intoxicating, I doubt anyone like smelly things around, and I'm one of those who can smell lots of weird smells when my friends say they smell nothing... What I'm trying to say was, I can't imagine the smell being that bad on the rubbers, and that is so strong...
  4. Alternative to smelly Chinese rubbers

    It's hard to imagine someone switching rubbers because of the smell and not the performance... that being said, most Chinese rubbers come in a sealed plastic bag (to preserve the tackiness), whereas most other rubbers comes without the seal, that's why they don't smell as bad. Also, most brand...
  5. Bandana Timo Boll

    I recommend halo headband, it redirects the sweat to the side of your face so they don't drip over your eyes and cause a burn. Plus those absorbing type headbands aren't that useful since it can only absorb that much, and after it fills up with sweat it won't help anymore.
  6. Lifespan of Zylon (PBO)

    Just wondering why would you worry about the lifespan of zylon ending before the wood plies? If anything wood is more prone to moisture.
  7. Harimoto New Shoes?

    I already said it in the previous post, butterfly has release a "Black" color for the Lezoline Rifones shoes, but still no pics, I might buy a pair since my old pair is worn out pretty bad. https://shop.butterflyonline.com/rifones-shoes-8089p?quantity=1&color=3 Edit: On the website it says in...
  8. Table tennis stores in China?

    Just type "ping pong store" I guess... always just searched in Chinese, but I guess that's not too useful for you, but you can try copy pasting it and see if the website has translation though "乒乓 实体店".
  9. Table tennis stores in China?

    The one I looked up was called "Shenggou Culture & Sports Gift Center", the address is: Gexin S Rd, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100068. This one is more like a mall, there're a lot of store in it so I think it's a pretty safe bet you can find what you need. Butterfly has an official...
  10. Table tennis stores in China?

    I recently went to Beijing for a summit and bought a few table tennis related stuff. I actually messaged one of the stores located in Beijing and they told me it would actually be more convenient to buy online, since same city deliveries are mostly next day (and free), or if you ordered it...
  11. Harimoto New Shoes?

    Was just on butterfly's usa website, and they're listing a new black color for "Lezoline Rifones Shoes" now, though it's out of stock and has no pics but seems like it will be the one.
  12. Should i reboost?

    Couldn't you just use common sense here?
  13. Should i reboost?

    Yes, it is totally legal to use any sponge as long as it is within the thickness regulation. And we are actually being spoiled by the manufacturers these days. We used to have to buy rubber and sponge sheets separately and glue them together ourselves, which sometimes generates really awesome...
  14. Should i reboost?

    I boost my rubbers and I tell you it is part of the gluing process. The proper way of boosting is glue layer first, then multiple layers of booster, then glue again, you tell me it's not part of the gluing process? Plus, oil is a misconception, the actual product name in Chinese is still glue...
  15. Should i reboost?

    You really want to argue about this? Ok then. The boosting process is part of the gluing process, i.e. as long as the VOC checks out it doesn't count as tempering the equipment. Btw, as a USATT umpire we were never given instructions to bang boosted rubbers as long as they don't use speed glue.
  16. Harimoto New Shoes?

    Those do look interesting, my current pair of shoes are kind of worn so I might start looking for a new pair soon.
  17. Should i reboost?

    Boosting isn't cheating. lol If the rule allows it, then it's not cheating, just like all the weirdly shaped blades, and all kinds of pimpled rubbers.
  18. Was the DHS serial code system cracked?

    Btw, are you using the website to check? Or are you using the WeChat app on your phone to check, they use different systems. And yeah, if that ebay link posted is the same item then it's definitely fake.
  19. Was the DHS serial code system cracked?

    Can't see the pics so can't say this for sure, but there are a few different version of DHS Hurricane Wang, and yes the Wang here doesn't translates to king, it's his family name. Anyways, there are some cheap versions sellers brand as Hurricane Wang, but is actually not, those can go as low as...
  20. Harimoto InnerForce ALC Review

    Think you meant Butterfly there. ;-)
Top