Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    I didn't. It may not seem like it but the inspiration for the handle was Thor's hammer, and it was made before yours 🙂
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    Mjölnir - Hinoki / SZLC / Kiri / ALC / Hinoki - 85.2g - 6.5mm - 1530Hz - Balance: 2.0cm (Very Low)
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    Oh, I did, sorry. Yes, the touch is softer, compared to other inner A-C blades with limba outer I had here. Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    You may have seen this handle on a previous blade, and you are right. Well, it seems that blade was not flight proof 😅, but it was a shame to let the handle cups go to waste so I used them here. The blade itself shares some traits with a Freitas ALC, although this is a light specimen so power...
  5. SDC Handmade Blades

    Let's take this last blade as an example, basically the same composition and thickness, but with a Koto outer ply which is stiffer than Limba. This would make the blade stiffer overall, and with a higher frequency, but the measurement is the same for both. This tells me that the AC layer on the...
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    - Koto / Ayous / A-C / Ayous / A-C / Ayous / Koto - 86.9g - 5.85mm - 1356Hz - Balance: 2.8cm (Low)
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    This was a commissioned blade, the goal was to make it thin but very fast, with the balance prioritized over weight. - Sucupira / SZC / Cypress / SZC / Sucupira - 113.5g - 5.55mm - 1528Hz - Balance: 2.4cm (Low)
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    This is a blade with a usual inner fiber construction, but using a different type of Aramid-Carbon. Typically I use AC with both fibers running in both directions, as this gives a balance between their properties. With AxC we only have Aramid running in the horizontal direction, and Carbon...
  9. SDC Handmade Blades

    I did [emoji846] Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  10. SDC Handmade Blades

    Frequency doesn't lie, it is what it is. I've said this many times, you can't look at this value as the sole indicator for speed.
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    Commissioned asymmetric blade for short pips. - Limba / Limba / IC / Kiri / Spruce / ZC / Spruce - 90.8g - 6.0mm - 1485Hz - Balance: 2.8cm (Low)
  12. SDC Handmade Blades

    Fast, upper Off range. This is the same composition as Der's blade, just a lighter version, so maybe you can try his.
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    This one was already posted on another thread, but I thought I should post it here too. - Kumamoto Hinoki / Kevlar / Spruce / Cypress / Spruce / Kevlar / Kumamoto Hinoki - 98.5g - 5.85mm - 1380Hz - Balance: 2.4cm (Low)
  14. SDC Handmade Blades

    Something really simple this time, just because I wanted to use this Etimoe wood for some time. The outer ply is medium hard and slightly thicker, while the inner plies are soft. The blade feels very linear and solid with medium feedback, so it will fit a harder hitter style. The handle is also...
  15. SDC Handmade Blades

    Composition : Koto / Ayous/ IC / Ayous / IC / Ayous / Framiré Weight: 88.7g Thickness: 5.95mm Freq.: 1290Hz Balance: 2.6cm (Low)
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks. It has the same composition and glue, it should play like a light violin.
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    The black Violin. Composition: Ash / Ash / Kiri / Ash / Ash Weight: 79.2g Thickness: 5.45mm Freq.: 1162Hz Balance: 2.3cm (Low)
  18. SDC Handmade Blades

    My focus is always the engine, but sometimes I like to have a nice paint job on the car as well 😁
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    I don't know 🙄 but it must be another great looking handle!
  20. SDC Handmade Blades

    I really like picking up left over scraps from previous builds and make something out of them. It turned out to be a very eighties looking blade! But it's not something I will replicate in the future, so this will be a one time piece. Composition wise this is a inner fiber blade, with 90 g/m2...
Top